Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mittu KrishnanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a problem that smell comes out of my mouth even after brushing twice a day. What should I do?
I am 18 years old a I have a teeth ache for over 10 days please suggest some solution as I am not able to eat any thing properly.
My mother is 53yrs. Her problem is if she eats any kind of non veg suddenly her tongue gets swelling. We have seen many doctor no use. Their simple answer is don't eat non veg. Please tell me what is the solutions. Blood reports are normal.
Dear sir pls recommend or prescribe me best toothpaste that cleans teeth and make it appear white and relieves sensitive tooth also pls sir.
I got a small tooth cavity over my second premolar. Its paining since morning when I brushed with cold water. Since I am having exams I can not do any procedures right now. Please help me. Is it fine to take ibuprofen/diclofenac if its paining for two weeks. Is it good to do warm saline mouth gargle for this. Please reply.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer. It happens twice or thrice every month. Which is right medicine for this.
I wanna remove the yellowish stone like part from my teeth. So that my teeth could look as milky. What I do? Plz.
Huge number of Indians tend to ignore or abuse their dental health. Most adults in the country need regular scaling due to their food and lifestyle habits.
Teeth scaling is one of the most common methods used for treating gum disease. This procedure helps remove plaque and tartar (causes of gum tissue inflammation) build-up on your teeth. In a nutshell, it reverses the occurrence of gum disease, while preventing further development of it into a serious condition. A non-surgical procedure, teeth scaling is different from a normal dental cleaning as it involves cleaning the tooth areas that are under the gum line. It removes substances that cannot be removed through brushing.
The importance of scaling
In addition to giving you healthy gums, dental scaling is important for reducing your risk of having a heart disease. If you’re wondering how teeth scaling is connected to your heart, here’s how – several studies show that gum disease can increase your risk of heart disease as the bacteria that build up along the gum line get dislodged, enter your blood and attach themselves to the blood vessels, causing the formation of clots. These clots then cause a drop in your blood flow to the heart, bringing about a rise in your blood pressure, and consequently increasing your risk of a heart attack.
How often it must be done?
To keep your gums and teeth in good condition, it is best to go for teeth scaling every 6 months. This is because as you age your saliva becomes thicker with a decrease in its water content. As a result, your mouth becomes more prone to dryness, thereby allowing the food and bacteria to remain longer in the mouth, causing the formation of plaque. A soft sticky film on the teeth, plaque continues to form in your mouth and begins to mineralize into tartar within 10-14 hours. This makes it all the more necessary to get this job done on a regular basis.
I have a problem of bad breath:(I have been facing these since many years. I brush my teeth twice a day. Even after brushing I have bad breath. Soon after brushing also I have a bad breath. I think and I observed that this bad breath comes from stomach. How do I overcome this problem?
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.