Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mithun M Pai
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mithun M PaiYour feedback matters!
I have problems in my eye. Iam not see clearly, when I study come out my tears. What is the solution of it?
My eyes are getting red every time and I wear contact lenses what do I do? and there is bomb near to the eye lid my one eye has become really small.
I have too much work that involves using laptop continuously for hours, What to do to avoid sore eyes ?
Lazy eye treatment Male, 5 My son is 5 year old. Recently he was complaining lot about vision. We got him checked. We found that his left eye is weak and has low vision. Documents are attached. Eyes has unusual numbers one has plus numbers and other has minus. Local doctor has give us treatment of lazy eye. We are patching. Closing "right eye" [good eye].My question was that, is there anything else in treatment like surgery? How can we improve his vision? Is this patching only solution? How much vision can be improved with this treatment? Local doctor has advised 45 days of this treatment for now. Can we do it longer? I am very worry about my son. Please help me on this. Regards.
I am a diabetic patient for the last 18 years. So far no problem. Now eyes have a black dot like during the last 3 months which decreases my sight. No eye glass worn so far. What medicines I have to take for eye problem being affected by diabetes?
Hi, I am 33 years female using specs from the age of around 7 ,my eye power is - 7.5 right ,and -8left eye. This power is since last 12-15 years stable, can I go for a LASIK surgery now at this age.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.