Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mithun M PaiYour feedback matters!
I have BPO (Business Processing Outsourcing) job. So sometimes I feel pain in my eyes while working in front of the computer first think. 2nd think is that, along with eyes pain I irritating bcz of pressure of work. So kindly provide me suggestions on these my problems.
Hello, I am 23 years old. I am using laptop more then 15 hours per day. So I am getting eye pain, headache.
Im 18 year girl. My eye sight is too worst. I'm wearing lens I don't know the power but it is like I can't even tell the time in walclock. Please suggest some remedies to get better vision. Please dis scares me. Some people telling that in 30'S you ll be blind like that all they are telling please help me:(
I have pain on my eyes while moving and touching and I have fever and headache please give me the solution its very urgent I can not tolerate.
My 20 year old friend has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? OrI know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day,
I am a 24 years old female. My left eyes start itching and I feel a burning sensation immediately when I start tearing. When I cry my eyes start itching. Please help.
My power is 13 and 14 and i want to take laser treatment, is this treatment safe or any side efffects in this??
I have son 3 & half year old. He is very weak & before 2 years back his eye sight is going to weak Dr. Advise me wear specs number of 6+ at omprakash eye institute amritsar please give me any advice regarding this.
At the time of sleeping also my eyes are open only, usually whenever I am in deep sleep eyes getting open.
It is a fact that after lasik laser operation in the yr 2000, I got much relief , now that I have again got almost the same condition with regard to ref error in both eyes (+3.5 cyl no.near,+2.5 cyl far), will it be completely safe (without any long term or permanent damage or side effects)for me to go for second lasik laser or should I keep on using glasses (which I feel difficult),If it is yes for Lasik then which lasik is the best?Any other advanced. ref. error correction techniques / solutons may also be suggested Pl. I will be very thankful sir.
Sometimes we feel weak, eyes get blurred. Then if we eat a sweet .we feel energetic. Is it because of low sugar. Is it good to eat a sweet.
I can not see clearly after 10 meter but I didt wear spex and I want come out this problem as soon as possible.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.