Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MithunYour feedback matters!
Sir please help me My teeth is so much paining that I can't bear it please respond my question fast.
I m 19 yrs, I got whole on between my teeth nd a part of teeth has broken the right side of my mouth nw the colour near that teeth became black Today it is paining severe help meh with easy. M poor boy.
I am sohel rana biswas. I hve a problem in my teeth. There was a hole. I think it's cavity's. I brought a senso dune paste. Is it help full.
There is a gap in between my teeths. I don't want to wear pons is there any other method to reduce this gap?
I have problems of teeth and gums. If I eat the food then food inserted inside the teeth and create pain and gums pain feeling too bad. please have a look to give Mr. directions what should I do?
Hello sir, My daughters tongue burns while having hot and spicy food please suggest remedies. What should i do?
I am 23 years old male and I normally suffer from cold and mouth problem. What should I do please answer me. Thank you.
I have problem with my teeth (second molar) was operated root canal 2yrs back now it is having tremendous pain & swelling please suggest right solution.
I have a habit of chewing tobacco and then scars fall on my upper teeth only. Have a habit of having tea too. I have controlled it now and also I clean my teeth in 6 months. But scars recur. Do I have a option to whiten my teeth permanent.
There is a pain in my lower molar teeth, since last 3 days, half portion of my fore head is also paining.
There are symptoms of oral submucous fibrosis. Constant burning sensation in the mouth past 4months. What should I do?
I am 22 years old, and I have a question regarding bad breath tht comes when we do not take water or food for several hrs and even after the meal tht we take. How to kill this bad breath germs.
Dear Sir / Madam i am 21yrs old. From the past 2 years am suffering from sensitivity, now a days am not able to use my left jaws for eating hard foods. Even though am not able explain the feeling that am experiencing. Please help me to get rid of this.
I have a habit of cracking my teeth (like continuously chewing motions) when I'm asleep, I was unaware of it until recently when it was pointed out to me. I worry that in the long term, this could affect my teeth and cause them to flatten, and already I can see that my canines have flattened considerably. I am unsure whether to consult a dentist or a sleep clinic in this regard, please advise a course of action.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.