Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. MispaYour feedback matters!
WITH THE INCLUSION OF NON VEGETARIAN FOOD HOW CAN I MAKE SURE THAT THE CALORIES INTAKE RANGES BETWEEN 1800-2500. Pls. Suggest the food items or diet chart.
Sometimes children suffer from conditions where their feet may not be in proper shape or size, something that can affect their posture. Most of the times the disorders get corrected themselves as children grow up, but there can be situations where medical attention is required. These conditions can be normal variations in the anatomy as well which don't essentially require treatment. Some of the common orthopedic disorders found in children include:
- Flatfeet: While most babies are born with flat feet which develop arches as they grow, in some case the arches remain underdeveloped even after they grow older. Their feet may turn inwards while they walk due to their flat nature. There is no inherent problem in this condition unless it becomes painful. Doctors may recommend special footwear with arches inserted for support to reduce the pain.
- Toe Walking: Toe walking is not a disorder while your child is just learning to walk. Toddlers who continue to walk on their toes after the age of 3 may require medical attention. Toe walking on one leg or persistent toe walking can be due to other medical conditions like muscle weakness, cerebral palsy or autism. It is advisable to take your child to a therapist for casting the foot and ankle which can help stretch the muscles.
- Pigeon Toes: In toeing or pigeon toeing is common among babies when they are first learning to walk. Sometimes children above 3 years walk with their toes inwards which can be due to femoral anteversion. This happens when upper part of the leg bends more than it naturally should, causing inward rotation of the feet. Specially designed shoes and braces can help to correct this condition. Usually, the condition corrects on its own with age and does not interfere with sport activities which involve running.
- Knock-Knees: It is a common tendency among children aged between 3 and 6 to develop knock-knees (genu valgum), since their bodies go through natural shift in alignment. Usually, treatment is not required as the legs straighten out eventually. Knock knees on one side or persistent knock knees may require medical attention. Children with this disorder may suffer from pain hence in some cases surgery is recommended after the age of 10.
Hi, My wife is 5 weeks pregnant (1st trimester). We get pre-pregnancy tests done and as per HPLC test report there were few exceptions (not in normal range) as mentioned below. - RBC count: 5.04 mill/mm3 - MCV: 78.80 fl - MCH: 25.40 pg - RDW: 15.70% Could you please let me know if it is normal observation during pregnancy to high RBC and slight decrease in MCV and MCH ? Is there any thing to be worry ? /gaurav.
Asthma is a universal chronic airway inflammatory disease of the air passage characterized by recurring symptoms, excessive air sensitiveness and airflow obstruction. Wheezing, prolonged expiration and fast heart rate are some of the common features. Asthmatic attack generally gets exaggerated in the morning and night. The person may turn blue at severe condition.
Symptoms of asthma
Shortness of breath
Breathlessness at the time of attack
Wheezing, a hissing sound at exhalation (breathe out)
Chest tightness and pain
Suffered with severe anxiety
Itchiness to throat and chin
Frequent cough at night
Uneasy in body and increase in palpitation
Tiredness after exercise and enhance pulse movement
Sign of cold like sneezing, nasal congestion and sore throat are common, and some comfort during sitting
Lower part of eyes may be darkening
Difficult in speaking
Moodiness, Headache, running nose, etc.
Sweating is also common
May difficult in hearing
Causes of asthma
Allergy due to natural tendency/ airborne allergens (house dust, cockroaches) and irritants (tobacco smoke) trigger it.
Childhood respiratory infection
Environmental and biologic triggers like infections, dietary patterns, hormonal changes in women etc.
Hypersensitivity from allergens like molds, animal dander, grass, pollens, hair, lint and grains.
Fluctuation/Change in weather.
Affliction in gastrointestinal tract
Risk factors of asth
Hereditary factor-chances increase when immediate blood relatives have the condition.
Suffering from obesity
Being a smoker
Being a passive smoker
Pregnant mother addicted to smoke
Pollutants, mites, moulds, dust, aspirin, pollen grain etc.
Certain chemical used in farming and manufacturing
Kids born with below average weight
Kids respiratory infection
heart and lungs congestion, pneumonia,tuberculosis,lung cancer and cystic fibrosis
Children age group 2-16 are more vulnerable
Wheezing tendency of infant flare up asthmatic symptoms.
Psychological factors like despair, depression, separation, problems in interpersonal relation are too induced it.
Ayurveda for asthma treatment
Due to modern faulty lifestyle, uncontrolled pollution and rapid industrialization, allergy, allergens, bronchial asthma has become common among children, adult and aged people. Ayurvedic herbal supplement, natural remedy and dietary treatments are good for the disorder. This disease comes in the paroxysm of dyspnoea and during the attack; the patient goes in extreme agony, perceives darkness, feels thirst and become motionless. On account of frequent coughing and expectorant, the patient faints and remains in extreme distress till phlegm is cough out.
Herbal tea made up of Ajwain, Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi), pepper, and ginger is useful natural expectorant for it.
Panchakarma is very useful for asthmatic patients.
Vasa, an Indian herb, control bronchitis, a boon and known for cough remedy.
Turmeric, a bronchial herb, is highly useful for the chronic condition.
Glycyrrhiza glabra (Yashtimadhu), soothe the trachea and prevent airways obstruction.
Herbs like albezia lebbeck, clove is useful for bronchitis.
For natural cure of the condition and to get some relief, rub brown mustard oil on the chest.
To minimize congestion and reduce breathlessness, drink some pepper + 1 teaspoon honey + little onion juice. It is one of the natural ayurveda remedies.
More intake of fluid should be taken if one suffered with dryness of it.
Massage with sesame oil on the chest is a very useful alternative treatment.
To ease the severity of bronchitis, take a mixture of Sitopladi Churna + liquorices+ borax powder and honey, thrice a day.
Seed of Celery is used in the treatment of it.
Chewing of the fruit chebulic myroblan at night allay asthmatic attack.
Arjuna bark is helpful in treating of it.
Powdered of bay berry bark an effective remedy for bronchial patients.
Euphorbia facilitates easy breathing.
Aniseed has expectorant characters so helpful for asthma patients.
Gum of Asafetida + Honey is useful for the patients.
Trachyspermum ammi has expectorant properties and ease chronic phlegm.
Garlic reduces the asthmatic severity.
Ginger can be used for bronchial asthma for its expectorant properties.
Here are given some home remedies that can be tried at home safely without any complications.
Lemon juice is good natural remedy.
Combination of Bitter gourd root + Honey + Tulsi leaves brings unique result to the patients. It is one of the best home remedies for such patients.
Boil drumstick leaves + Salt+ Pepper + Lime juice, an effective herbal remedy for the condition.
Taking and inhaling honey is one of the widespread treatments for the case.
Inhalation of eucalyptus oils open up airways.
Ginger juice + Methi + honey, a very effective home remedy for the chronic condition.
Juices of carrot and spinach provide relief.
Onion + honey + some black pepper provide relief from congestion and ease breathlessness.
Garlic+ milk is a beneficial remedy.
Honey + warm water take out phlegm from the throat and used for treatment purposes.
Massage of mustard oil and camphor over the chest provides relieve in breathing.
Take the steam of carom ajwain to get respite.
Use basil + honey every morning to keep away from the condition.
Chew basil leaves + salt for natural treatment to cure it.
Use roasted gram and milk at night to free flow of airways.
Turmeric (grind) + honey are unique for it.
Chewing of black pepper at night is also good.
Lemon juice + ginger once a day is fine with the condition.
Chewing Chebulic Myroblan gives reprieve from asthmatic attacks.
Diet for Asthma
Chew your food properly and eat slowly with relax mind. To avoid over-fullness on chest, always eat less than your capacity and avoid imbalanced diet. If diet changes as per complementary and alternative medicine, there is a greater chance to bring relief in asthma. One should take diet as per COPD guidelines. Children are also at greater risk of the condition because some foods are the biggest trigger of asthma attack among children. Children with obesity are prone to it, so diet, weight loss regime and fitness is must here to reduce cholesterol.
Green leafy vegetable, fresh fruits and herbs are quite effective for the condition due to its antioxidant features.
Hot pungent may make breathing easier by opening air passage.
Citrus fruits due to its greater content of Vitamin C have inherent power to fight it.
Predominately vegetarian diet is the good option for the patients.
Foods rich in Vitamin play a vital role in curing it.
Oxygen carrying capacity of blood increases owing to antioxidant property of Vitamin E.
Essential fatty acids, particularly omega-3 oils reduce inflammation and alleviate attacks.
The therapeutic aspects of Tulsi can't be ignored.
Flavonoids of apples reduce inflammation.
Nasal acuteness can be minimized by taking turmeric along with honey.
Eating of ginger and black pepper is advisable.
Take more and more lukewarm water.
Asthmatic diet should contain of limited quantity of carbohydrate, protein and fats. He should also take more and
more quantity of alkaline foods like fresh fruits, green vegetables and Bengal gram.
Foods not for asthma
Avoid sugar, rice, pickles, ice cream, cold drinks, curds etc. as all those help in phlegm formation.
Spicy and pungent foods should also be avoided.
Foods like cider, wine, beer and cheese may provoke asthma attack.
Allergen foods that are responsible for it are meat, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, chocolate, food preservatives etc.
Asthma prevention and precautions
There are so many ways to control and prevent asthma. First of all, your surrounding should be neat and clean. It is a wise decision to keep himself away from asthmatic triggers like pollutants, dust, smoke, medications, pollen etc.
Foods such as rice, sugar, lentils and fried one should be skipped as these items helps to form phlegm.
Bronchitis patients should always eat less than their capacity.
Keep away from cold and damp places.
Eat slowly and chew your food properly.
Give much more thrust on Yoga.
Avoid dusty places.
Keep yourself away from mental worries and stress.
Pranayama should be in your everyday routine.
Take 10-12 glasses of water daily but not along with meal.
Walking, especially brisk walk should be preferred.
Spices, pickles, tea and coffee should be avoided.
During asthmatic attack, taking of warm water is preferred.
Excessive eating should be avoided.
Take light dinner.
Avoid Tobacco, alcohol, Gutka, Pan Masal, etc.
Smoking invites severity, acuteness and chronicity.
Air conditioners and coolers are also harmful.
Evade perfumes, repellents, deodorants, aftershave and air fresheners.
Don't drink cold water.
Do moderate exercise.
Avoid over indulgence in sex.
Bedroom should be free from allergens.
Wash your mattresses regularly.
Avoid cleaning of house through broom.
Do swim to ease your chest.
Cold and heavy meal should be avoided.
I am suffering from severe eosinophilia for last many years. The tec goes up to 1700 or more. I am taking a course of hetarazan 100 mg. For 2 months. When this does not help I have to resort to steroids which I would like to avoid. Ayurveda system has failed. Please Advise what is the best course for remaining free of this ailment. Many thanks.
I have sexual attraction towards my grand mother (fathers mom. When I go to her house. I get horny seeing her. I used to urinate in her petticoat that she has kept in bathroom. Not fully. Little.and keep it back as such. Once I masturbated in her blouse. Also I have seen her in petticoat and blouse once from her back. Once I saw her only in petticoat that she wore from top. From then I am horny whenever I see her. And has s feeling to have sex with her. I have not told her. Can I tell to her. Is it right. Can I have sex with my grandmother.
I. Am suffering from loose motion. I have gone for 4 times in two hours and it is completely liquid form. Please advice me medicine for it Thank you.
Sir I am having urination problem and white discharge problem from last four years. I have done my urine and blood test and the report was normal. But it is important that I am having diabetes. please help
It is an episodic chronic respiratory disorder in which there is airflow obstruction causing difficulty in breathing. It is a very common disorder affecting children more than adults For some, the condition is mild with infrequent episodes & for others it is a serious medical emergency-An episode may pass away quickly and may be short lasting or at times lasts longer & requires immediate medical help.
Causes behind it
Hereditary & familial tendency or history of allergy, which may be skin allergy also predisposes to asthma in the offsprings. Allergy mostly inhaled is the most common cause of asthma.
Allergens can be:
- Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
- Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
- Strong perfumes
- Paints & varnishes
- Tobacco smoke
- House dust mite
- Chemical fumes
- Food, which can cause allergy are:
- Sour food
- Citrus fruits
- Cold food & drinks
- Artificially colored & flavored foods
- Beer, wine
- Canned vegetables
- Infection of the lung, which can be bacterial, viral predisposes to asthma.
- Emotional stress is a known trigger factor for an asthmatic attack.
- Over strenuous exercise and inhalation of cold air and climatic changes are also trigger factors.
- Initially there is a feeling of restlessness with a painless, tightness in the chest.
- There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm and a wheezing or whistling sound when breathing.
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath and shortness and rapid breathing follow with a feeling of anxiety, sweating & inability to lie down on the back.
- Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
- For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
- Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
- Eat balanced nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh unprocessed food.
- Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
- Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
- Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
- Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
- Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
- Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
- Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
- Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
- Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
- Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
- Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
Do's & Don'ts
- Try to recognize the trigger factors that bring on your attack, so that you can avoid them In families with history of allergy (asthma, eczema), avoid artificial milk, eggs, cocoa, juices & wheat preparations till completion of 6 months. In such circumstances you can only breast feed till 6 months.
- Do breastfeed your baby for the first 6 months to strengthen the immune system and avoid contact with allergens such as in cow's milk .
- Avoid foods & drinks that are known to cause a problem such as vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food & drink, canned vegetables, beer and wine Avoid smoke, pollution, dust as far as possible.
- There are three steps to be taken when dealing with an allergy.
- Firstly, identify the cause or allergen
- Secondly, avoid it.
- Thirdly, if avoidance is impossible, treat the symptoms.
- Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen. E.g. Sneezing while doing housework could mean you are allergic to house dust.
- Take steps to deal with stress, anxiety and tension as these can influence the frequency and severity of symptoms
- Good nutrition, balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation will be beneficial.
- Yoga can help you by breathing exercises. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Homoeopathy at your rescue
Homoeopathy helps to get rid of inhalers & nebulisation quickly & permanently. Homeopathy not only deals with disease it deals with patient as a whole.
- Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
- Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
- Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.