Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Minal VYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 9 years now, but her development neither in weight nor in height is proper. Please advice ,taking milk 300 ml daily and other food normally.
My baby is 3 years old. After my delivery I reduce maximum of my whole body weight except abdomen. My tummy seems quit big after 3 years of delivery. How should I reduce fat from here. Is this indication of any disease.
Hi, I have a 4 month old girl child. Please suggest how to care for and how to treat for best grow. And suggest any books, literature or tools which help us better. Thanking you.
My son, details given below is underweight and underweight and poorest eating habits to the extent of not eating any vegetables, fruits, chapatis, milk. He is very much full of anger, gets provoked on small things, gets irritated easily, doesn't pay attention to his physical hygiene. Pls suggest any homoeopathic way of treatment at normal price preferably in South Delhi. Thanks.
Hello Doctors, Is there any impact for taking CT scan for brain for 3 months baby. Yesterday my son fell down from cot around 2 feet night so doctor advised to take CT scan for brain? Please suggest.
Sir my daughter 6 years old is suffering from very high fever 103 - 104 F from night 10 pm. Now it is 3 pm but fever is still not down. We have consulted child specialist. Please tell.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.