Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mercy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. MercyYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years. I had sinus tachycardia and was facing heart racing in the middle in night then cardiology suggested me telday m50 which I am taking daily. Now I don't have any heart racing but taking this pill daily since a year. Can I stop taking pill? Will I have to take this pill forever?
I was loosing lot of hair, so I went bald but my bald head has lot of dandruff patches and It seem to have stuck there. How should I remove it. Please reply.
Fever, severe body ache (particularly legs), bad throat. Feeling cold at times. Since yesterday. Please advise the medication.
He is having sudden increase in heart beat. Nd getting fatigue when walking even for short distances and sometimes feels difficulty in breathing. He feels like on nostril of nose is closing. May I know the reason behind this?
I have pain in right side of my throat and it mostly doesn't go. I have also swelling nodes in my neck. One near right cheekbone and one little right from center of the throat. I also spit blood with plasma and it sometimes is in black color. And having very much difficulty swallowing foods Please help me.
I am 35 male suffering from snoring problem at night specially in winter. I noticed that I have a polyp on my right nose. I want a homeopathy solution over the matter.
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!