Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MeghaYour feedback matters!
Dear doc. One of my friend open beer bottle with mouth and given me. I drunk that beer after 3 to 4 sec gap. I am worrying about his saliva might be touched to bottleneck and It might be enter into my mouth. I did not notice any visible blood on the bottleneck. I do not know his HIV status. I'm getting paranoid about this incident. Am I at risk of HIV by this act? Can I have unprotected sex with my wife?
There is a problem on teeth! I removed my one teeth and after all there is always pain in my next teeth! Why?
I am 26 year old girl, right side wisdom tooth surgery done with stitches on 2014 December, 10 months passed still I am not able to eat even soft items, and left side upper tooth problem have since 5-6 months when ever I chew food when up and down tooth get connect while chewing that time suddenly get pain like stone are there in food otherwise there is no pain. So many doctors I visited but all doctors says everything is fine there is nothing x-ray also done. I am not able to chew both side, right side wisdom surgery done left side while chewing suddenly I stop eating like stone in food. Please guide me what should I do?
Sir. .in ma one teeth got cavity but recently I found little gum inflammation inside cavity but no pain. please give suggestion. and tell why that has occurred.
My teeth is yellow type and I am daily brush through cleaning but over yellow dag is not go to you have any suggestions given to me please.
My teeth is yellow from my childhood What is the procedure to cure it permanently and what is the charge for it?
Sir, I have done RCT on one of my teeth, but many times the crown got opened, now what can I do, now I am using my teeth without crown, will I face any problem in future.
A 49 years young energetic male person live at jhansi suffering mouth problem- a noise in mouth when open big size in right side. Pain in teeth when eating food but no carries. Out one teeth in upper and one in down side due to cavity. Problem when eating food or open big size mouth. What steps taken suggest.
My wisdom tooth is suffering from pain. N one of dentist said that it needs to be remove. Is it ok too remove wisdom teeth? will it have any side effect?
My teeth was going to be weekend I daily used paste or other material but it was slowly slowly go to bad position. Please help me.
I have my tooth decaying inside and with cavity due to which I get severe pain when any food stuff get stuck to it.
My age is 20. doctors suggested me to keep ceramic braces to teeth. Bt am feeling very shy now. Aftr a year my study will be completed. Is it OK to put the braces aftr a year? Is it be complicated or no prblm?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.