Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MeghaYour feedback matters!
I have swollen lymph node on right side from a month, I examined a needle biopsy and it came normal. What should I do now, will it go by itself.
What way and what foods can strengthen gums and gaps between teeth where fibrous material gets stuck.
Hi, After brushing my teeth, the skin of the cheeks inside my mouth starts coming out when I rub my tongue against my cheeks. What could be the reason?
My tongue is getting harder which is causing difficulty in speaking due to eating of gutka .but know I have stopped that habit .so will be my tongue become normal again.
Dear Sir, Mera teeth ka colour yellow bahut dino se hai hum dentist se wash bhi kraye par yellow remove nahi ho saka to kiya koi option hai aaj ka date me jis se mera teeth ka yellow colour ko remove kiya ja sake. Agar hai available to kitna rupees invest hoga pura solution hone me please btaye.
My teeth is sensitive. I have tried sensodine but no relief yet which medicine or toothpaste give me relief?
I have gone through one of my tooth extraction today. Do I need to talk less. I am not having much trouble while talking.
Hi, I have sensitivity problem in my teeth. Everytime I take some cold thing or sweet, my tooth aches. Can you please suggest me what treatment should I go for? Should I go for scaling as I have never gone for it till yet. Thanks in advance.
I am 23 years old nowadays I'm facing one problem that is, my mouth test is having bitter! Please advise.
I am 37 years old, male. My problem is there is a very bad smell in my mouth every time for last few years. I am not going to doctor due to feel shy, so now what can I do?
I am 23 years old female. I have pain due to coming out of wisdom tooth at the left side of mouth in lower set of teeth. Some times it become severe pain and I feel swelling under mouth near molars. My jaw bone also pain at left side. Even can not wash my face due to pain. Give me suggestion so that it comes out fast and I get rid of pain. And how to reduce pain?
7 years back I hurt my front tooth. 3 years back I dropped my mobile phone on the gums of the same tooth. Slowly the tooth color changed. One month back pain started in the root of the same tooth. I've taken an x-ray, the abscess appear to be spreading to the root of next tooth. Can this be treated without disturbing the shape of my tooth from outside?
Sir mera ek daat aadhi accident mei tuut gya hai or wo halka hilta bhi hai kya uspe cap lgwana sahi hoga.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.