Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi SsYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 43 rear old lady, i. Have some dental problems i. E, some type of blackish colour appear at lower teeth of mouth, so would you suggest me which type of treatment is better for this type of cases.
I have bimaxillary protrusion, please advice it can be corrected with a surgery or braces can serve the purpose itself.
I have tooth ache for over a couple of days to the wisdom teeth which have decayed. What is the remedy?
I will be getting mouth ulcers regularly. I eat the same food which others eat in my home. I have consulted so many doctors in my area but no use. What is the reason? please find me a better capsule to recover the ulcers.
Hi. Doctor mere ek teeth mei hole ho gaya hai. Ishme filling treatment hone mei kitna time aur day lagta hai. Approx cost kya ati h.
I am 25, male, live in greater noida. I've chronic problem of mouth ulcers. In every 3-4 days I come up with this problem. I've consulted many times before with many doctors and have sound know how of the causes responsible for ulcers. I drink enough water (ro water) & there is no digestion issues with me. For the last 10 days i'm suffering with an ulcer near the lower lip left side, which is nor healing and getting bigger and deep. Is there anything serious about it or what should I do?
What is the permanent cure for peridontis. I've few loose teeth and the dentist I approached did flap surgery. Situation was fine for two years and after that they started moving again.
Hi am having mouth ulcers since long time whenever I take anything hard things it gets swollen or scars. Please advise what could be the problem.
Hello I seem to be suffering from mouth ulcers and am not able to chew food as that area pains a lot. Would be great to know why mouth ulcers occur and how to cure them. Is it concerned with heat or unhygienic food?
I have problem of siviour sm fibrosis since last 25 years now my mouth is not opening and I have problem to take food recently I have done teeth removal after that my mouth becomes more close.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.