Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi R Kamath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi R KamathYour feedback matters!
A physical problem related to intimacy is something that keeps the patient from having a satisfactory intimate experience. Many women encounter many kinds of problems at various stages of their lives. In this article, we have listed the seven most common sex problems that women experience. Take a look to know more!
- Lack of sexual desire: A total lack of, or inhibited sexual desire is a problem that may be caused due to factors like age, menopause, stress, hormonal changes, pregnancy and child birth, depression, and even fatigue. Also, a work heavy lifestyle as well as too much focus on areas like children can lead to a situation where sex takes a backseat and after a while, lack of desire sets in.
- Anorgasmia: Not being able to orgasm during intercourse despite plenty of stimulations is a problem that some women face. This condition can be of various types including primary, secondary and others, to depict a range of orgasm related issues where a proper sexual release does not occur. This can happen due to causes like infections, past sex related trauma, pain during intercourse and other issues including anxiety and depression.
- Painful intercourse: This condition can also be called Vaginismus. A number of causes can trigger pain that women feel in the vaginal area during intercourse, which can lead to vaginal contractions or an involuntary spasm. The causes include endometriosis, STDs or sexually transmitted diseases, ovarian cysts, vaginititis, lack of proper lubrication during sex, and stress.
- Arousal problems: Lack of sexual arousal is another problem that can happen due to lack of sufficient stimulation and lubrication which affects the blood flow to the vagina, thus preventing an erection of the clitoris. This condition may also be caused due to stress and relationship problems.
- Related ailments: The presence of a chronic ailment can also lead to sexual problems for a member of either sex. When a woman is suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, drug abuse and other such ailments, then sex related activities tend to take a back seat and are often also hindered due to the symptoms of some of these conditions.
- Side effects: Taking medication that has to do with depression or menopause can also have a bearing on the kind of sex life that a woman enjoys as these medicines often create hormonal imbalances and numb certain neurotransmitters with the suppressants that they contain.
- Psychological factors: It has been proven medically that stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and other such factors play up on the sex life of a patient in a serious manner. Using frequent practice with proper lubrication and counselling as well, one can overcome such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
After my monthly period from 5th day my feet having too much pain can you tell me why I am facing this problem.
Good morning! Everyone this is Dr Anuneet Sabharwal consulting psychiatrist at infinity clinic. Today I'm going to talk about Audio-Visual Entrainment and Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation. These two modalities are some of the latest modalities to be used in the field of mental health. So what is Audio-Visual Entrainment? To understand Audio-Visual Entrainment we must first understand that the human brain emits brain waves at various different frequencies depending on the state of mind of the person. So Audio-Visual Entrainment come into this, where Audio meaning sound, Visual meaning lights and Entrainment means training of the brain, what we do is we expose the human mind to flashes of light which emit a particular frequency and sound again at a particular frequency which trains the brain to emit the frequency that is desirable or therapeutic. Through this modality, we can induce a deep sense of relaxation and feel good. What is Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation? This again is one of the latest modalities to be used in the field of mental health. In Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation we give a very small direct current or D.C than 1 mA through the earlobes of the person. The anode is connected to the left ear and the cathode to the right earlobe. Through this, a very small electric current is passed which enters the brain and stimulates the specific target areas to induce changes and mood. Both AVE and CES are used in depression, all anxiety spectrum disorders as well as insomnia. They are also maximum effective when used in conjunction with each other or psychotherapy and medications. You'd be very happy to know that AVE and CES have virtually no side effects and have long-lasting beneficial effect. If you'd like to know more about AVE and CES or would like to consult me for the same, you can consult me through Lybrate.com or visit infinity clinic to know more.