Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I have twin - daughter & son. After birth, around 27 days old, they are given bath with til oil, johnson soap and powder after bath. But, it has been seen that they are looking dark in skin colour day by day. What will we do to regain their skin colour to fair? whether we change to coconut oil? will they regain skin fair colour?
Hello! Can you please tell me whether its safe to shave a newborn's head when its less than one month? My baby is now 25 days. I am just wondering if its good or bad to shave baby's head at this early age! What could be the perfect time to do this? Cesarean baby boy/ birth at 39 wks while in breech position. Thanks for the help. Best Regards.
My 3 year old son has had cold and cough three times back to back in the past 2 months. For the 1st time, he was given levolin and it became okay after 3 days. For 2nd time (happened after a week), levolin did not work, and hence nebulization (budecort levolin) along with Azee200 (antibiotic) was given. It became ok after 3 days. For 3rd time (happened again after a week from 2nd), we first gave him ayurvedic medicine. He started having fever and hence gave him antibiotic again for 5 days. Till antibiotic was on, he was neither having fever not cough. Immediately after stopping antibiotic, his cough started. Now its been near to 3 weeks, the cough has not gone completely. He normally does not cough in the day. Either when he is playing/running or laughing, then he starts coughing or during night he coughs 2-3 times (4-5 coughs continuously). What should I do? I am really worried.
My daughter age 4 months - triple polio vaccination a week ago. A bubo near the injection position and red mark. How to get rid of it ?
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.