Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi. KYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I had I pill 10 days ago. It was I think during my ovulation time. Till now I haven't got any withdrawal bleeding also I haven't experienced any side effects. Does that mean I am pregnant. Please help.
I am 34 weeks pregnant and consulting gynecologist Dr. . On routine checkup found that the pulse rate is around 120 (identified from past 3 weeks) There ia no heart problem in past or in family.
Dear Doctor, My wife wants to lick her vagina in foreplay but her vagina always wet with fluid by little little discharge before intercourse at time of foreplay. Some time she discharge more fluid this confuse me to lick or not. Now Doctor I wants to know that is the wet vagina with fluid liquid is lick or not, is this harmful for man to touch wet vagina with fluid by man's tongue if by mistake this fluid sallow than it is harmful or not. Kindly please suggest this query doctors.
Hi Dr. I am 42 years old last one year back I got heavy bleeding delayed by seven days ultrasound showed 11 mm thickness with simple cyst and bleeding remain for one month Dr. advised me to take hormones course for six month and bleeding stop. After six month I stop take overall l and bleeding OK for three months again late by 20 days and I found spotting for two three days and periods gone Dr. advised me to to take meprate and periods induced and one month overall l and again in stop overall l this month and delayed by 12 days I took meprate one tablet and I find spotting I stop taking meprate and again periods clear .why I spotting and periods clear. What to do. Ultrasound shows thickness 14 mm with simple cyst in both ovary.
Is sex safe during periods? Please help because every time I do not want to take pills as they have side effects.
I am married women in 7 mouth but dont get pregnant pls aap mujhe koi solution bataye pregnancy ke liye konse din jaruri hai uske alava kitni bar karana jaruri hai pls.
When my mensuration cycle completed every month with proper bleeding i got a red brown color spot just 5 to 6 days .What is it indicates?
I'm a 19-year-old female. I secreted a large amount of white substance just this morning. I don't know what it is. It looks like white mens but I can't be sure because this is the first time something like this happened to me. I keep on secreting this substance. I've changed my underwear thrice already. I don't know what this is. Please help me.
I ready to use unwanted 21. Total pregnancy protection. But confused about how to take that medicine. And side effects and good to take or not. Please tell in details.
I had intercourse using protection on Aug 2 and 8th. Once his sperm spilled outside soo I took emergency pill. My periods date is 24 .my cycle is always normal .After dat next two months got normal periods on 22nd. And bleeding was as usual for 6-7 days. Now it's d 3rd month I din get my periods. I don have any symptoms of pregnancy except I feel my tummy s lil bulged. May it's my stress. But y my period s missing now. I'm tensed pls help.
Hi Right Overy is bulky with polycystic appearance of volume 10.3 ml. Left Overy is normal but 11.3 mm dominant follicle is present.
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
An anal fissure can affect people of all ages, and it’s often seen in infants and young children. Constipation is a common problem in this age group and it is a major cause of this problem.
An anal fissure usually isn’t a serious condition. In most cases, the tear heals on its own within four to six weeks. In cases where the fissure persists beyond eight weeks, it’s considered chronic, or long term.
- A visible tear in the skin around the anus
- A small lump of skin just next to the tear
- A sharp pain in the anal area during bowel movements
- Streaks of blood on stools or on wiping
- Burning or itching around the anus
- Straining during childbirth
- Straining during bowel movements as a result of constipation
- Chronic constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Overly tight anal sphincter muscles
In rare cases, an anal fissure may develop due to:
- Anal cancer which occurs due mostly to ano-receptive sex without barrier protection
- HIV infection
Let’s take a closer look at these risk factors.
- Anal fissures are common in infants and young kids. Older adults also become prone to anal fissures as the blood flow to the anorectal region decreases.
- Women also become prone to these fissures due to straining during childbirth.
- The inflammation that occurs in the intestinal lining in people with IBD makes the tissue around the anus more prone to tearing, further causing fissures.
- People who frequently experience constipation are at an increased risk for fissures. Also, one can suffer from fissures due to straining and passing large, hard stools. In both these cases, one may experience tears in the anal lining.
- Frequent diarrhea can also tear the skin around the anus and so can ano-receptive sex without protection. This can lead to sexually transmitted diseases like genital herpes, HIV/AIDS and infection with HPV virus which causes anal cancer.
Treatment usually helps control anal fissures and the discomfort it causes. Your doctor will prescribe stool softeners and topical pain relievers to stem discomfort. However, if these do not make your anal fissure go away then surgery may be required. And in addition to this, your doctor will also need to look for other underlying causes that can cause anal fissures like for example anal cancer.
- An anal fissure can be diagnosed by simple physical exam. The doctor looks at the area around your anus and follows it up with a rectal exam to confirm the diagnosis.
- This can mean the use of an anoscope. In this, the doctor inserts an anoscope into your rectum to be able to see the anal tear.
- An anoscope is a thin tube and it allows doctors to inspect the anal canal. An anoscope is also used to diagnose other causes of anal or rectal pain such as hemorrhoids or piles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.