Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Gupta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I m 33 year married women got married April 2015. I hv developed rashes above the vagina. It is itchy, pains a lot and bleeds. Skin is become thick and dry. Could you gv solution fr it.
I am having a PCOD problem, because of this irregular periods. Can you please help me with this? Whether this problem will be cured?
With the increase in environmental pollution, professional work load, proliferating stress, unhealthy lifestyle choices and general dietary indiscipline, the incidence of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases has increased manifold over the last two decades.
Other commonly occurring lifestyle diseases include depression, joint pain, fatigue, arthritis, metabolic disorders, early degenerative changes, early aging, respiratory diseases and gynaecological disorders. Nearly all of them can be traced back to improper ingestion and nutrition, lack of calmness and focus, constant feeling of agitation, listlessness or jitteriness, sedentary or workaholic professional life, or inadequacy of physical exercise and leisure time.
Ayurveda and its many uses have since then become important remedial procedures that more and more people are adopting to salvage their health. Its holistic view towards physiological and mental development has brought it to the forefront of non-medicinal remedies for various ailments and general malaise.
Ayurveda also brings about visible psychological and spiritual changes in the subject, thus securing an all round development in one’s lifestyle.
With proper and suitable lifestyle advice, dietary restrictions and daily-activity management, Ayurveda solves problems that people normally seek to solve with allopathic drugs. Not only is it more effective, Ayurveda therapies and treatments have zero to negligible side effects. The same can however not be said for pharmaceutical drugs.
Panchakarma treatment is among the most popular of Ayurveda therapies and it is a rigorous process of detoxification and purification. It suggests and expects you to follow renewed diet charts and exercise routines even after the treatment is technically over.
Other rejuvenation therapies include Rasayana, Dinacharya, Ritucharya that also help in bettering your lifestyle.
These treatments help to keep your body-weight in check, hypertension at bay and enable you to be lighter, freer and happier in general.
It assists in dealing with stress, anxiety, tension, agitation, irritability and misery in a healthier manner.
Once you overcome these symptoms of decadent lifestyle that is all around us today, you will automatically rise above crippling lifestyle diseases better than others.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!