Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena VenkatramanYour feedback matters!
Hi, Is bhabhi ko abhi 5 din pehle baby girl hui h, baby loss their weight and she not feed completely. We are so much worried. Pls help.
My 5 years old son with DS doesn't have any heart problem but still he fall sick frequently and plus he is very thin and weak.
Hello doc, My daughter is 9 months old can I give it to cow milk Some one told me that cow milk is allergy to infant body like excess protein.
My new born daughter is prescribed antibiotic for 1 to 2 weeks for infection. Will their be ill effect in future or now? What should be do to make this right?
Dear doctor. My daughter 7 years old her body weight is 15kg. Eaten food very slowly she will taken the time half to 1 hour more. Kindly need your suggestion how will improve actual weight in the particular age and advice healthy food.
My son he is 1 and half year old. He is getting motions now and then don't know what to give. At present I m giving him oflomac should I give him this if not how can I cure him please subscribe me a medicine for him.
Any Formula milk powder for preterm baby which is easily digestible from 0-6 months baby and not harmful if given in case of emergency if baby is not stopping crying after a long feed also.
My son, 2.5 years old. His head circumstance is small about 40centimtrs. He understood every thinks what we say and he do every actions in corect time but he doesn't speak all words and sentens. Only some words he speak now eg mummy, daddy, water etc. And the main problem is noticed that some times he do some activities repeatedly. That is eg of he open the door then closed then open then closed again again and another he step down then up and down then up again and again. Doctor, I think his brain is not developed as his age. Any solution for this disease. Please share me details. So thank you.
Hi my male child is 4 months old. Starting from we are feeding mothers milk. However neighbour ladies are feeding mothers milk as well as cow milk. I used to give small amount of cow milk but my child started vomit, loose motion after an hour. What to do for this? also its better to start giving ceralac or farex?
My new born baby doesn't respond to voices and sounds in the normal range. Is it normal for new born babies or should I be worried.
Dear sir I have children of age 3 years & weight 10.5 kg. he was suffering from indigestion & acidity regularly. Also his stomach is seen large as normal & hunger is some extra but I consult some doctor he advised use live 52 continues but no improvement after usage 15 days. please advised some Ayurvedic & home remedy for this or which you suitable for best for him. Thanking you.
My son is about 8 years old. He is very good in gymnastics, taekwondo, sports etc. Very active. But he is thin. I want him to put on more weight and become little chubby. Please suggest some good food, nutrients, etc so that he puts on some weight. Thanks.
Dear Doctor, my is daughter is 5 years old and having a problem of calcium. Please suggest some food along with medicine.
My son is 5 year old and after every 10 days he has cold. But its not running. I can hear/ feel the chest congestion and phelgum cause of that he sleeps with open mouth. Also 1 more issue I saw grey hair in his head which is quite surprising for me and worrisome too. Please suggest.
We have a newborn baby boy 86 days. His umbilical code not fall down and showing outside 1 to 2 cm. Is anything we need to care and should I do any treatment for same to cure.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.