Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meena VenkatramanYour feedback matters!
I have 8 month old baby. Usne 4 days se poty nai ki h. Is it normal or should I consult any doctor. Regards.
My child is 10 years old her weight is 28 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. What medicines needed her?
What are the symptoms of adult adhd and what are the treatments available and is there any permanent treatment available?
My grand son completed 4 months but sleeps for 5 hours in night and during day two to three hour. D. Whether it is ok.
Hi, my baby boy is 22 days old but is healthy and am planning to do circumcision. Does it effect his health as he is a small baby.
My son 6month old baby he is born weight 4.300kg big baby this month weight are 10kg it is good or bad.
He is 1 year 11months. His weight is around 11 kgs. He does not eat properly. Please suggest me diet chart.
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection.
Related Tip: "Diaper Rash: 8 Questions Answered by Dermatologist"
Hi. And he's 2 1/2 years old. He's studying PRE KG in there some school children health camp program should be conducted. In there one doctor said that he have a some problems in heart may be it will be a hole or some block" we are suffered. I will show some details of ECG report that they given HR: 102 bpm P Dur: 82 Ms. PR int: 110 Ms. QRS dur: 80 Ms. QT/QTC int: 300/392 Ms. P/QRS/T axis: 25/26/25 RV5/SV1 amp: 1.196/1.027 mV RV5+SV1 amp: 2.223 mV RV6/SV2 amp: 0.982/0.794 mV These r the details given by them. And they given a referral slip I Purpose of referral: CVS- Sgs murmur intricupid & RS- BAE + Pls anyone tell me clear solution we are afraid about this. Is there any risk? Or is there any serious problem? Can you tell anyone pls.
My daughter is 1 year 6 month old. Her weight is about 7 kg. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. She is very lean and thin also. Please sugest me some medicine or other things such as food schedule to make her fair a And improve her weight.
Dr. mera beta 15 month ka h use do din pahle 104 Fever tha par ab ni h or use kamzori ho gaye hai wo khada ni ho pata h or us k dono legs mai dard rehta h!
My 2 years old baby not sitting properly. When she was born then she weep after 5 minuets. Please suggest me the best treatment.
My baby girl 4month old. After breast feeding she vomiting every tym. Why she vomited every tym. Its some serious prob?
I have a lung fibrosis, could you please help me out. What are the foods and other precautions should I have to lead better life.
My son is 8 years old & his weight is 27 kg. He is suffering from headache since last two months. All reports are normal. Usko chashma bhi lag gya +0.5 ka. Fundus test bhi normal hai. please advice me. Thanks.
My daughter is 1.4years old, she is having giant nevus CMN on her face, covering right eye forehead and chick. Please suggest action of treatment along with type of surgery if required.
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery.