Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena SalkarYour feedback matters!
My wife delivered a child on 23rd of December 2015. Is it safe to have sex without any protection during 2 to 3 months after birth. Or is it a myth.
My wife is 50 years. Here periods has stopped about 4 months back. We have had unprotected sex now worried about if there are any chances of conceiving.
Im 15 weeks pregnant with twins. I'm planning to give an exam. It's in October mostly 2nd week. It's a 3 hr written exam. I'll hv to travel to hyderabad by car the previous day. The journey will b around 3 hrs. Will it b safe to give the exam thn? I'll b around 30-32 weeks. With twins. It'll be a to and fro journey of 3 hr each way.
I constantly try to educate patients on proper posture, but because people (myself included) spend so much time driving and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Driving can mean different for different people. It may be a way of leisure for some or as an everyday activity to commute to office. Driving for long time has always accompanied with some or the other musculoskeletal problems. It become a leading cause of back pain to our fast pace life.The problem is treated but the root cause of it is never looked after or we just don't bother about it much..
Why we get the pain or associated problems when we drive for long time?
Poor posture while driving can produce a repetitive load to the tissues that causes sustained stress. Daily prolonged drives apply loads to the spine that can cause viscoelastic tissues to slowly deform and creep. Simply staying in the car seat with poor posture long enough will eventually ensure damage. Sustained load and resultant deformation/creep causes a progressive reduction in tissue strength.With your hands in the proper position on the steering wheel, the thoracic spine, scapula and shoulder joint have a better chance of remaining in neutral. usually, we hold steering wheel with one hand and lean to other side.due to leaning hip bone( iliac crest) and 12th rib approximate; this will contribute to shortness (tightness) of the quadratus lumborum or latissimus dorsi
If the pelvis is rotated, it will contribute to lumbar or SI pathology and overactivity of the TFL(muscle). If the knees are even slightly superior to the hips, then there will be hip flexors muscles over activity or shortness, and hip extensor inhibition or weakness. Prolonged sitting on the glutes can cause poor circulation and lack of oxygen to the tissue, contributing to inhibition.
A person driving with a clutch who has poor or limited ankle dorsiflexion (like after ankle fracture) can perpetuate overly active hip flexors because they will pull the foot off the clutch using the hip flexors, instead of dorsiflexion at the ankle.
1) Select a car that matches your height and suits your work.
2) Change posture as much as possible take frequent Microbreaks ,recommended atleast 15 minutes, every 2 hours
3) Place hand on steering wheels so that elbows are close to your side and not so high that you have to reach up for the wheel.
4) Place hands at 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock position this will reduce the amount of strain on shoulders and put hands in safer position.
5) It is advisable to keep two hands in steering wheel except while shifting gears. Change hand posture frequently to reduce fatigue and improve circulation.
6) Learn Microbreaks: An example of a "microbreak" for driving in the car is squeezing the shoulder blades together for 20-30 seconds and repeating 2-3 times. Repeating anterior and posterior pelvic tilts and lateral tilts for a minute or two is sometimes helpful. Other microbreaks for driving include cervical range of motion, and shoulder retraction with elevation and depression.
1) Avoid lifting after driving long hours because your muscles are tired your ligaments are stretched and disc are at risk of injury, give yourself some time to stretch and relax.
2) The death grip posture, the one arm cool dude” the Wrist resting at 12 o’clock position on steering wheel and fingers flop over the top, arm straight out in front and one arm propped on your window.
The longest journey begins with a right sitting posture, not with a turn of the ignition key !!!! dive safe
Dark Chocolate: Stress Buster and other Health benefits
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related??
Hello mam: Mai meri gf na pregnancy test v karva liya hai usko bataya gaya tha ki 2, 3dino ma periods aa jaiyega par aisa kuch nahi hua, abhi tak periods nahi aaya please mam help kijiye or kuch aisa bataiye ki jaldi sa periods aa jaia.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation:
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
1). Processed meat
Different kinds of methods used for preserving and processing the meat, including pickling, curing, salting, smoking, chemical usage, etc, can also become source of cancer diseases. These preservatives have nitrate and sodium nitrite which are proved carcinogens.
2). Gmo foods
Gmo stands for genetically modified organisms. It includes all kinds of plants and their products which are developed using modern techniques from biotechnology and inter disciplined sciences. Nowadays, most of the fruits and vegetable crops are being developed using some or the other kind of genetic modification. Hence, it is good option to buy foods which are non-gmo verified and certified organic foods.
3). Smoked/burned foods
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are produced when the foods are smoked or barbecued. Such chemicals create increased risk of cancer. In the recent studies, it has been found that eating smoked or burned foods increases the chance of pancreatic cancer by nearly 60%.
4). Foods having artificial sweeteners
Those who are in misconception that artificial sweeteners are healthy compared to normal refined sugar, will have to come out of their misleading opinions. Otherwise, they would have to pay huge. Foods & beverages having these artificial sweeteners are rich in saccharin, aspartame, sucralose, etc are very much dangerous as they can cause cancers.
5). Sweetened beverages
Recent studies have shown that those who consume more amounts of soda will have more chances of getting cancers. The excess sugars accumulating in the body will form best medium for the growth of cancerous cells.
6). Fried food items
Fried food items are tasty and they also posses the risk of health disorders including cancers. Frying the food items in pre-heated oil will produce toxic aldehydes which have the ability to cause health hazards like cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, etc.
7). Contaminated foods
Usage of pesticides will contaminate fruits and vegetables. The residues of these pesticides are found on fruits and vegetables even if they are used at the time of cultivation. These chemicals increase the chances of getting cancers and also reduce iq levels in children.
8). Microwave popcorn
Popcorn bags should not be kept in microwave as the perfluoroctanoic acid (pfoa) present in these bags will have all the potential of causing pancreatic, testicular and hepatic cancers. When the popcorn is microwaved along with the bags, the toxic chemical vapors will be absorbed by the popcorn, thereby reaching our body.
9). Hydrogenated oil
Most dangerous aspect of hydrogenated oils is that they have the capability to change the cell membrane structure. Because of this reason, cells become more susceptible for cancers. Make sure to purchase foods which are labelled to be free from hydrogenated vegetable oils.
10). Canned food items
For keeping the food items intact and fresh for longer periods, canned foods are mixed with different kinds of preservatives and chemicals. Sometimes, these chemicals react with the metal of the can, thereby becoming fatal. Such chemicals can disturb normal hormonal levels in the body leading to wide range of health risks like cancers.
Hello doc I was suffering from depression since one and a half year and been on medicine like Ron 1 hecksi 2 amiepride Since then my weight has been constantly increasing and my periods are irregular and scanty. Please suggest some solution to cope with it as I can't stop my depression medicines. I am doubtful whether these medicines are affecting me.
I got my periods after 15 20 days of intercourse and after that now its been more than 40 days I have not got my periods. Is it possible that I am pregnant?
Hello doctor I had my periods on 22 july and it lasted for 5 days and I had unprotected sex on 10th august and I took the unwanted 72 pill on 11th august which is the next day before 24 hours. My periods date for every month varies about 3-4 days. So this month I expect it around 22. So as I know they say it bleeds within 10 days approximately. So what I wanted to as you is. If I have bleeding in these 10 days will it be my periods or the effects of the unwanted 72 pill? And if it does not bleed then when will I have my next periods approximately. Please let me know as soon as possible.
Hi I am 28 yrs old female. I had my periods start on 1st dec and on third day that is on 3rd dec I had fever with temp 103.3 degrees celcius with shiver and damn bad headache. I was feeling like my head is goin heavy specially at the front, above the eyes and at the back plus I was feeling as someone is stretching my intestines in stomach badly. In the evening I had vomit then at night I had consulted a local physician nearby and he gave me medicine. Withing half an hour my headache and fever ws gone but stomach and lower abdominal and pelvic pain was still there. Then on 4th dec in the morning 4: 15 a. M I had damn bad abdominal pain (which covered the vagina, pelvic area in the centre and pelvic area in the right side and the pain is felt in anal side also) then I managed to take meftal spas and the pain ws less then before but it is still there. Now I feel tenderness in my stomach area, pelvic area and on vagina. Pain is still there in centre and right side of the pelvic area. Every time I cough or do anything its paining badly. please help and suggest what kind of problem is this. Recently last month I consulted gynae and se told I have vaginal infection and gave me medications for that. I guess it was cure but this pelvic pain problem I m facing from past 15-20 days. please help and suggest what is my problem and which doc should I consult?
Hlo madam, I am 25 year old girl mame mje last time 20 ko periods hue the or ab 13 days upper ho gye h abhi tak hue ni h.mje last time periods only bathroom time p hi bleeding hui thi or mje 20 days s fever bhi h.m relationship m hu but hum private part ko touch to krte h but humne sex abhi tak ni kiya h.pls mame help me bhut tension h pls help me.
Sir tell me best anti pregnancy medicine. Which have no effect on body. And I do not want child for one year. Sir tell me best and safe medicine.
I am 19 years old. 10 months ago I had a major surgery of ovarian cyst doctor suggested laparoscopic but the cyst leads to major surgery. If I thought about sex I will get wet and I feel like I am having sex. I am too weak. I unable to resist the urge to thought about sex and getting wet and I am getting pains in my uterus. Is it harmful to do that. Help me please.
I Just had a period 3 days before and today I had unprotected intercourse .Will I be getting pregnant?
When do you need to reach for help?
Most people think that a psycjologist is only for disordered people. But this is not true. Who needs to consult! A person who has the following:
Poor logical thinking!
Action before thought!
Need for excessive attention!
Unable to interact with people!
Too focused leading to anger and frustration!
Prevention is better than cure.
Get help before it gets too late and you become a negative person.