Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena SalkarYour feedback matters!
I had my 1st mensuration when I was 11 years old but now I am 18 years old . My menstrual cycle is very regular i.e after 26-28 days and it comes for 3 to 4 days , but from last 6 months my cycle is little disturbed like one month flow of blood is very high and the other month flow of blood is low and vice versa . I want to know will it cause problem in my future ? And what is the reason behind it ?
I am 29 years old. I had always delay periods. I had gone through missed misscarriage and had to go through surgery. Only a sac and fetal form for two months. Now I want baby. I visited Dr. There is an polysist ovary. Is polysist treatment necessary? I cant get pregnancy normaly? I have to treatment? after I can conceive? dr, prescribe ovalife10 twice daily for three months. And mepratet10 for 10days, and a harmonal tablet oxtane. I always used to homeopathy treatment. Alopathy hampers or effect on my body. So I am tensed what to do? I have taken thyrox 50 also. Am I going through right way? pls help me.
Im 21 years old. Me trying to get pregnant bt family decided to go for trip on 31st but my period date is on 30th of January so I decided to take post period tablet. Will it be safe to take? I'm taking it for 1st time so scared tat it may effect my chances of becoming pregnant So please suggest which tablet can I take? And on which day shall I take?
I am 22 years old unmarried girl I had sex with my boyfriend one month ago. I checked from prega news pregnancy test kit and I found I am pregnant what should I do avoid my one month pregnancy. please suggest me I am very upset.
Hi Doctor. I am 24 years old. I had sex with one of my colleague. My last periods date was on 28 of July and it was on August 20th that we had sex. We have not used any safety measure. Is there any chance of getting pregnant because we are unsure whether sperms have entered inside. Could you please advise on this.
Memory is something which runs the world. Memory boosting techniques are most common among the children. All parents would want their children to have good memory. Adults also loose the capacity of remembering things when they are under stress.
Here are some of the foods which would help boosting the memory:
1. Cabbage: Cabbage head is not the insult as you may perceive. It is a good source of folic acid which helps boost memory.
2. Eggs: Eggs are the primary source of protein and are said to increase the memory. A good omelet on any day for breakfast is a good deal to improve your memory.
3. Broccoli: A little sister of cauliflower broccoli is a good source of protein again. Broccoli can be eaten in boiled state as a side or stir fried way as salad. Add some veggies to stir fried broccoli with salad dressing, you get fantastic salad which not only boosts the taste of your palette but also boosts your memory.
4. Strawberries: The favorite most of all, eating strawberries a day would surely improve your memories. Strawberries can be eaten in any way. Shake it up with little milk and chia seeds, you get a fantastic shake which has refreshing taste and goodness of strawberry.
5. Red Wine: Many people swear by this quality of red wine which would help them boost memory. It is said that wine which is older is the better for improving memory powers. Consuming wine with food is the best way to have it.
6. Salmon: Definitely not an option for vegans and vegetarians, salmon is considered to be the best source of protein and hence boosts memory power.
7. Almonds: Indians swear by almonds for their capacity to boost memory. Soaked and eaten as first thing in the morning peeled almonds are the best source of protein too.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract problems. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination and endoscopy is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support or packs are put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.