Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena Prashanth
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I have severe stomach ache and vomiting s during periods of first day. I will get periods regularly once a month. I have been suffering since 3 years.
I have a question that how many times an woman can take emergency contraceptive pills like I pill, unwanted 72, Is there any long term side effects?
I have been suffering from irregular periods since menarche in 2005. For which I took allopathic medicine too and got their side effects like had to get injection to stop my periods. Then finally tried homeopathic even but in vain. Meanwhile had thyroid problem also which got cured but the symptoms still persist. I am continuously gaining weight specially as the one month is over till I get my periods on. I got operated for some sebaceous cyst on back so not able to exercise even. What to do?
An addiction is a dependence on a certain substance, activity, or behavior. There are many different types of addictions, including dependencies on over-the-counter (otc) and prescription medications, illegal drugs, alcohol, and tobacco products. Sex addiction is a psychological disorder that involves an unhealthy preoccupation with sexuality or an obsession with sexual activity and/or romantic love.
Sex addiction also is called
Compulsive sexual behavior
The term erotomania is used to describe a delusion (false belief or expectation) of being loved by a particular person.
Sexual addiction usually begins as normal, healthy sexuality; however, sex addicts experience chemical and physical (i. E, physiological) changes in the brain that result in an inability to control sexual urges and behavior. For people who are addicted to sex, sexual desire (arousal) and sexual pleasure often replace close, loving (i. E, intimate) relationships. In many cases, sex addicts use sexual behavior to avoid dealing with painful feelings, such as loneliness, low self-esteem, and fear of rejection.
Differences in the way human sexually is viewed in various cultures, societies, and religions throughout the world make it difficult to develop a universal definition of sex addiction. Therefore, overall incidence and prevalence of the condition is not easy to determine.
Sexual addiction occurs in both men and women. It is diagnosed more often in men, but this may be because women seek treatment for sex addiction less frequently. Sex addiction may be more common today than in the past. This may be related to the widespread availability of the internet, which provides easy access to pornography (i. E, pornographic websites) and opportunities for cybersex (i. E, virtual sexual relationships conducted through computers), and sexual images in the media (e. G, television, movies, music videos).
Sexual addiction can occur in people of any sexual orientation (also called sexual preference). People who have sexual relationships with members of the opposite gender (i. E, heterosexuals), people who have sexual relationships with members of the same gender (i. E, homosexuals), and people who have sex with members of both genders (i. E, bisexuals) may develop an addiction to sex.
Before checking fallopian tube blockage through laparoscopy is it advisable to do IUI? Please advice
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition. Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!