Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant. Nd from the 3rd month of pregnancy I am suffering from the acidity problem. Now my 5th month of pregnancy is going on. Please give me your advice.
Respected mam. My age is 26 married 2 years ago planning for kids since 8 months. Periods are irregular since 4 months. I went for tvs bt intolerable it did not go inside. Tight introitus. My husbands semen count is 12 million. We lost all d hopes and we are in severe depression what should we do now? Please do needful for us. thanks all fr giving wonderful advices.
I am getting periods regularly. Unmarried. But 3-4 days before normal periods I am getting brown/black colour scanty discharge for the past one year. What's reason for tat. Pls suggest me some treatment,/ home remedies.
I am married. I have back pain, stomach pain, slight fever, and also coming white powder like liquid from vagina. What is happens to me?
Hi, I am 28 years old. I am pregnant with twins and its 25 weeks of pregnancy. Can I travel 1200 km via train or flight? I asked my doctor and she told though I have no complications till now, but its high risk to travel with twins both in train and flight. As this is my first pregnancy, everyone is giving other people example and saying they are travelling etc. I just wanted to know what are the risks to travel through train or flight at this stage of pregnancy. Also people are suggesting to travel by ignoring doctor's statement. Please help and let me know the possibilities and types of risks. I have too much pressure on deciding. Thanks.
Dear Sir, I have thyroid, and iam right now taking the tablet thyronorm 100mg, but my weight is still getting incerase of monthly 3 kgs - 5 kgs my colour is also getting too dark, and i have irregular mensutral problems too right now.
18 year old female 21 day birth control pills taken before having sex right? And please recommend a effectively working emergency pill.
Which is the best contraceptive pill without any side effects, especially weight gain. And till wht years of age a women can continue to take it.
I want to know about some of the abortion pills. I have missed my periods and it's already 5 days now. Pregnancy test is positive. I don't want to be pregnant.
Ergonomics plays a role in approximately 50% of all workplace injuries. Ergonomics will help
1. Improve quality
2. Improve absenteeism
3. Maintain a healthier work force
4. Reduce injury and illness rates
5. Acceptance of high turnover jobs
6. Reduce workers compensation costs
7. Elevate osha compliance to a higher level awareness
Hello Doctor, I am 42 years old and my periods have become irregular. It came after two months but now there is excessive bleeding as well as too much clotting. I am a working woman sometime things become very embarrassing. So kindly give me a solution.
Not being able to conceive a child can be one of the biggest problems for a woman. Infertility also includes not being able to carry a baby full term. Infertility can have a single cause or can be the result of a combination of factors. In most cases, infertility can be treated but in order to do this, it is essential to first understand the underlying cause of infertility.
Let's take a look at some of the things that could be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: Pelvic inflammatory disease can cause inflammation in the fallopian tubes and damage or block them. It can also be the result of a sexually transmitted disease. A blocked fallopian tube will not allow the egg to reach the uterus from the ovaries and hence does not allow you to get pregnant.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs and can also thicken the lining of the uterus. Excessive stress and a sudden change in weight can disrupt the production of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone leading to irregular or absent periods.
- Cervical and Uterine Trouble: This includes abnormalities like fibroids and polyps in the uterus and abnormally shaped uterus. These fibroids could block the fallopian tubes or interfere with the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. It can affect the functioning of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus thus interfering with your chances of conceiving a baby.
Treatment: Treatment for infertility depends on how long you've been infertile, age, the cause of infertility and your preferences.
Some of the ways it can be treated are:
- Fertility Drugs: Fertility drugs are of many types and are often the first step in treating infertility. If the infertility is caused by ovulation disorders, fertility drugs can help regulate or induce ovulation.
- Surgery: Polyps and fibroids that are preventing pregnancy can be removed surgically to treat infertility triggered by them. It can also be used to treat intrauterine scars.
- Intrauterine Insemination: This involves the placement of healthy sperm cells directly in the uterus and is timed to match the release of eggs from the ovaries. This can be used in combination with fertility drugs.
- Assisted Reproductive: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common assisted reproductive technique. This involves collecting eggs and sperm from the women and man and fertilizing the egg with the sperm cells in a laboratory. This fertilized embryo is then implanted in the uterus.
Hi. I am suffering from severe mood swings. At times I feel too energetic and on the other I break down . Not able to concentrate on anything. I have a problem of irregular period. Are they connected. Please help.
Drink 8-12 glasses of water a day the individual needs differ. Some
Need a lot more of water depending on their physical activity, body
Constitution, health conditions, climatic conditions etc, while
Some others need less. Frequent urination or a leak in a healthy adult
Means he is taking extra fluids! so drink just enough water to keep yourself
2. Caffeine is not good for your bladder as it is a diuretic. It
Speeds up your kidneys and irritate the bladder. So a leaking
Bladder may signal more of caffeine in the diet.
3. It is not often an enlarged prostate that causes plumbing
Problems in men but an overactive bladder. So get it diagnosed and
4. It is normal to urinate once at night. Several visits to the loo at night
Indicate something is wrong. It could be just that you drink too
Much water in the evening or that you are anxious. If it's a
Regular habit to urinate more than twice at night keeping a fluid
Diary is recommended. Consult your doctor if it persists.
5. Another sign of an overactive bladder is urinating for more than
8 times a day.
6. Being overweight is a reason for stress incontinence. Stress
Incontinence is a condition where pressure on the bladder from
Cough or sneeze causes you to leak. It happens when the muscles in
The pelvis is weak and cannot handle this pressure.
7. It is not a small bladder that causes frequent leaks but your
Capacity. If you drink more water than you can hold you will
Probably leak. Weak muscles, nerve damage (due to conditions
Like diabetes), medications, infections etc can cause leaking.
As the name suggest, Abhayanga means massage. It is one of the pre-purification measures of detox therapy. Oil is massaged into the skin through gentle to medium pressured strokes; that helps to eliminate body toxins and makes the superficial and deep skin tissues soft and supple. Snehana is done daily for three to seven days, as indicated by your physician.
- Vata diseases
- Joint pain
- Neuromuscular & skeletal diseases
- Dryness of the body
- As rejuvenative technique
Abhyanga is the application of warm, herb-infused oil to the entire body from head to toe. As the oil is applied to the skin using rhythmic motions and synchronized massage movements; it penetrates deep into the tissues to eliminate toxins at the cellular level. It prepares the body for shoddhan procedures like Vaman and Virechana.
Patient is advised not to have a heavy meal before the therapy. He can consume liquid foods like hot milk or soup in moderation prior to procedure.
After therapy: Patient is advised not to have anything for procedure. Heavy, spicy and junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
Patient is advised not to have anything for procedure. Heavy, spicy and junk food must be avoided during the course of the treatment.
- Rejuvenates whole body
- Enhances blood circulation
- Beautifies and moisturizes the skin
- Tones muscles and increases tissue strength
- Enhances joint mobility
- Alleviates Vata dosha
- Reduces the pains and aches in the muscles and the adjoining skeletal system
- Removes the toxins of the body