Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Md. Sadiq Hussain
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Md. Sadiq HussainYour feedback matters!
My son is 9 months old. Main janna chahti hun k jaise bache sote hue neend mein smile kr te hain ya phr rote hain waise mera beta nhi hasta na rota h main bht rare dekga h k wo smile kr ra h 2 se 3 baar sirf jab wo 3 4 month ka tha to wo bht smile krta tha or rota b tha neend mein pr ab nhi krta. To kya ye koi problem h is se mere bete ko koi msla to nhi ho sakta.
I have less milk so my doctor gave lactic tablets for 1 month improving milk but there is no big result I have less milk only I feed my baby for 1 hour still she feels l hungry n cry n she refuses to take formula milk so what is the remedy for this problem is there any injection and I used to take milk with bun, bread n bread toast also. I used to all types of foods which are improving milk like mutton khema, snake guard, bottle guard, methi, spinach, garlic. Etc but still no use so pls suggest me.
My baby birth weight 3.250 now 4 month old still weight 5.12 only how to increase the baby weight breastfeeding some time formula milk giving.
I can't study and I want to leave school and studies and parents are not supporting me. What can I do? And I have ADHD.
My daughter got fever when she was vaccinated at 6 weeks and 10 weeks , but at at 14 weeks , she doesn't got any fever. Is it normal or should I need to see a doctor ?
Hello my second sons age is 10 month my question is can I give him all types of veggies like ladies finger brinjal etc and can I give him packet milk too and can I add sugar to it.
Hello Dr. my baby is preterm n has low birth weight 2 kg, also he is not feeding timely (2 hrs duration) he sleeps a lot n wake sometimes 3-4 hrs later I'm so worried coz he is not gaining weight now he is 3 weeks old still he has gain 2.18 kg only. Also I had lost 8 kg I want to know should I strt giving him formula milk? N if he is breast feeding how mny times I should feed if m giving formula milk please tell.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!