Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Md. Mohsin MallickYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 3 months old and not sleeping in day and night. I thought of trying phenergan syrup is it safe? If it is then how to use it please suggest.
Hello My son is 4 yrs. He is suffering from abdominal pain since Saturday night. Doctor gave an antibiotic and pain killer. But no relief the pain infact got worse. Today we did ultrasound as suggested. Reports were not good. It says following suggested findings: Ileo ileal intussusception Mesenteric lymphadenopathy Cystitis I don't know what it is actually and consulted few docs. Some says surgery would be required whereas some says surgery not required. doesn't vomit, stool is good too. The only problem is pain. Please suggest I want to wait for few days if he improves with medicines only. Right now he is taking Anafortan, zenflox plus and aristozyme. Doc today evening gave him a pain injection as well.
My daughter is 16 years old. She has made a habit of sleeping late around 1p. M.daily and getting up late around 12,12:30. She is overweight and is very inactive. She does not listen to any one. She is suffering from thyroid and has multiple gallbladder stones. What should I do?
My son is 21 months old. One week back we travelled by train in AC coach. Till now he is suffering from cough and stuffy nose. I am giving him kofarest pd twice and montair lc once daily. Still he is not recovering. What to do?
Hi My daughter is one month old, my mother in law says to give her saffron mixed in bread milk. As they used to give it to their daughter for complexion improvement. Is it safe to give it at this age?
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.
I have 4. 5yr old son is suffering with adhd. He was not cried at time of birth and blood circulation not maintained in mind at time of birth. His seating, walking is time to time about 1 and half yr he was walking regularly but body is very weak. Now his speech, understanding power, development quotion is delay. So please advise me for this child's development and how we handle his for his mind develop.
I have second baby problem first baby 8 year old also and without any treatment but we have Trying second baby last 4-5year Doctor suggest ivf but I want natural baby.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
Mera baby 4 months old h kal raat se wo sahi se nhi so paa raha sota h phr ro k uth jata h usko jab god mein uthao or agr wo hilta h to b rota h kal usko god mein uthate hue wo peeche ki taraf hya maine usko jhatke se aage ki taraf kiya kahin usko neck pr ya back pr jhatka to nhi lg gya please help me I sooo worried. please give me some home remedy also.
My son is around 8 months old and since last one month is suffering from running nose and indigestion (severe smell of stool and frequent passing of gas. He had severe pain in ear recently, treated with ibugesic injection and ear drops. Moreover he is always crying mostly in night. We tried enterogermina and Zifi for few days. And then clamp suspension. But cold is not reducing and still smell is high and frequent gases. He is on Farex 2 and cerelac (no mother feed since beginning). Please advise. Rgds for few days. And then clamp suspension. But cold is not reducing and still smell is high and frequent gases. He is on Farex 2 and cerelac (no mother feed since beginning). Please advise.
My child is 10 years old her weight is 28 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. What medicines needed her?
Sir my baby is vomiting after 15 0r 20 days. After feeding or not he vomiting. Vocational is not greenish. I hope he is suffer some gas or acidity problem. His urine is clear bt his stool is not clear. 2 or 3 day after. He is conceptions problem. I give him cows milk. He is not growing properly. He is very much tin. His weight is 4 kg in 3 month. .he is bottle feed because he could not take sufficient breast milk. After delivery I have suffered some major problem. I need to your advice. Please advising me soon please sir.
Hello there. My baby is 3.5 months old and is 4.5 kg. She looks very under weight and feeds very less. Also suddenly she has started eating her fingers and is drooling. She has even started feeding more less now. But she is active as such. All this seems very unusual. What can we do ? Is she okay ?
Although the name sounds scary, this is a self-limiting problem requiring no long term medical attention. This usually appears as red blotches with a central white spot. It can occur anywhere and often involves the entire body.
The most important factor to keep in mind is the baby?s general health. If the baby has no fever, stays alert and active, responds to the mother, feeds normally, and wets and soils the nappy as usual, then there is no need to be alarmed. However, if the baby stops feeding, stops crying or looks groggy all the time, then he or she needs to be assessed by a child specialist.