Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Maya.P.NairYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and my height is 5'6, I wanted to increase my height with few inches merely 1-3 inches 2 years back from now (2015) I did gym too for musculces do not know if gym affected my height or not. Can someone suggest me proper diet plan as well as exercises that I must persuade to increase my height. As I am student so I can't effort much though please help.
I have been detected as high bp patient since last 8 months. Taking starpress xl 12.5 now bp is in normal range. Still doctor asked to continue medicine recently thyroid nd pcos also detected, taking medicine obimet sr 500 I feel strong dizziness for quite long time, it is strong for sometime. Pls suggest age 27 years, weight 66 kg. Height 5ft 3 inch.
I have been suffering from fever Tuesday, and yesterday I at midnight all of sudden, gastric occurred, and from today morning I am suffering from dysentery. The fever is there.
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
Summer often brings in a host of problems the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to Ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways Ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: This is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: This is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: It tends to have all the qualities of water and earth, it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: Can include Vata-Pitta (both dry and sensitive) Kapha-Pitta (oily and sensitive) and Vata-Kapha (dry with some oily zones).
- Go for aloe vera sun screen: If you can't avoid the sun, then the next best thing to do is protect yourself. According to ayurveda, increased exposure to hot, sharp and penetrating rays of the sun causes Pitta Dosha and prolonged exposure also leads to increase in Vata, which causes drying of skin. To prevent this, buy a good quality aloe vera sunscreen.
- Try herbal tea for hydration: During summer, it goes without saying that you need to stay hydrated throughout the day with a good 8 glasses of water. But other than that, you can up your intake of warm liquids like herbal tea made of ginger and lemon which will keep you digestion healthy and skin glowing. A number of flavored herbal teas are available in the market too. From peach to hibiscus, each flavor offers a good set of benefits.
- Try herbal deep oil massage: Time to take your skin's hydration to the next level. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Apricot oil applied 2-3 times a week at night can make your skin smooth and supple. Turn on the "heat" by asking your partner to give you a full oil massage which can improve blood circulation, lymph drainage and your romantic life for sure.
Hi from last 5yrs try to lose weight but still did't work give me the solution and my age is 43.And also my foots are so pain while am walk even a shart distance
I m CA student so mostly I sit in my office and work in front of computer and so I had gain excess wait so what should I do to loose my wait. I have very less time for exercise. What type of diet should I prefer.
Since dengue is life threatening, please see a doctor immediately to get relevant tests and further treatment done.
Protect your family and yourself, early detection is the key to proper treatment of dengue.
My sister is very short, and her height is 5.3 her age is 21. She want to grow some more. Is it possible? if yes, can you explain me the procedure. She is fat too and she is very much worried about it. please help her out.
Sir I am always in tnsn czz my face is oily so many pimples have on face so suggest me any medicine be idea.
Health benefits of mango
1. Prevents cancer:
Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methyl gallate, as well as the abundant enzymes.
2. Lowers cholesterol:
The high levels of fiber, pectin, and vitamin c help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically low-density lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
3. Clears the skin:
Can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos help clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
4. Improves eye health:
One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin a, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
5. Alkalizes the whole body:
The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.
Mango fruit and mango cubes on the wooden table.
6. May help with diabetes:
Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning. Mango fruit also has a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.
7. Promotes healthy sex:
Mangos are a great source of vitamin e. Even though the popular connection between sex drive and vitamin e was originally created by a mistaken generalization on rat studies, further research has shown balanced proper amounts (from whole foods) does help.
8. Improves digestion:
Papayas are not the only fruit that contains enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.
9. Helps fight heat stroke:
Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm from overheating. From an ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong 'sun energy' is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.
10. Boosts the immune system