Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mathew AnandYour feedback matters!
How we take preventive measures when we get back pain from 2 months since i am taking medicines please suggest me make me free from pain.
There is pain in the backbone. And it is lot of pain. And it started before from 2 years. And we many doctors but there is no effect. And some type of oil was given. There was physiotherapy advise by the doctor. But there is no effect.
Acupuncture is a kind of therapy that combines needles with pressure and pain points in order to delicately apply pressure for pain relief. This form of physical therapy is being increasingly recognised as an efficient method of treating pain in joints, muscles, bones and even for migraine pain. So let us find out more about Acupuncture and pain management.
- Chronic or Long Term Pain: There are many ailments that cause chronic or long term pain. These include back pain, neck pain, stiffness in the joints, osteoarthritis, headache and migraine, and pain in the shoulders. All this can be treated over a long period of time with the help of simulated acupuncture which uses pointed apparatus for activating better blood circulation for overall improvement in the pain that is being experienced in the area. The use of this apparatus helps in avoiding the harmful medication that can have adverse side effects.
- Menstrual Cramps: A fine needle method at the right points can help in bringing down the symptoms of the painful condition called dysmenorrhoea during menstrual cycles. With acupuncture, the acupuncturist can administer acupoint therapy to relieve menstrual cramps. This will help in moving the qi, or life force, in a better way so that the pain will stop.
- Acute Pain: Over use of muscles, joints and repetitive, work related movements and strain can lead to acute pain. This includes wrist pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, back pain, lower back pain, neck pain and even leg pain. With acupuncture, the patient gets rid of the pain in close to twelve sittings.
- Pain due to Cancer Treatment: Cancer and its treatment can take a heavy toll on the body and lead to a series of complications which also includes pain. A clean needle procedure can be followed along with the chemotherapy and radiation or after it, so as to relieve the patient of the pain experienced. Also, it can be used to replace traditional chemotherapy and radiation.
- Better Rest: When the needles or apparatus touch the pressure points and circulate the blood and life force, it actually creates a soothing effect and helps the patient sleep and get better rest. This is also a requirement for pain relief. It can bring better blood flow to the area and help in removing anxiety and stress related to pain so that there is better chance of getting rest.
With the use of acupuncture, pain can be taken care of with the needles and various tools that come in various shapes. These tools and equipment can also use laser treatment along with the point focused treatment.
I have been suffering from shoulder pain for a month can I know what could have happened? Please advise.
I am 40 years Male, recently I am experiencing pain in my left shoulder through my left elbow, while I sit for more than 10 minutes in a chair or while sleeping on my left side on bed. Is this something to worry?
I have a severe backaches since last 10 years. Taken treatment for the same but not benefited. What is the treatment for this¿
Lower back pain at some point in time or the other has almost become inevitable in today’s world, especially because of the increasingly sedentary lifestyle that many tend to lead. Acupuncture, borrowed from the ancient domains of Chinese medicine, is often recommended by doctors as one of the foremost remedies to lower back pain.
Acupuncture requires insertion of thin sterilized needles at particular points of the body. The body has over 2000 pressure points which are connected by meridians or pathways, generating an energy flow known as ‘Qi’.
Triggering these points helps to correct and improve the energy flow, which in turn boosts overall health and helps alleviate pain. On using this therapy, the central nervous system stimulates the release of chemicals into the brain, spinal cord and muscles. These chemicals either produce bodily changes or alter one’s experience of pain to promote healing a feeling of well-being.
How acupuncture works by:
1. Accelerating the relay of the electromagnetic signals which initiate the flow of endorphins (hormones secreted by the brain) which have analgesic effects on the body.
2. Stimulating the release of a chemical in the brain, known as natural opioids, which ease the pain and induce sleep.
3. Modifying the brain chemistry by altering the release of neurohormones (hormones secreted by a group of nerve cells) and neurotransmitters (chemical messengers that relay messages within the body, from one neuron to another, known as the ‘target’ neuron, to muscle or a gland cell). Neuro-hormones affect the activity of the concerned organ or the tissue while neurotransmitters dampen the nerve impulses.
Side effects of Acupuncture:
1. If the acupuncture is carried out by a trained and an experienced acupuncturist, it is usually considered safe.
2. Adverse side-effects include ruptured organs or infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.