Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mariyammai JacobYour feedback matters!
Me and my partner want to have sex without protection because we enjoy more without using condoms but scared of getting pregnant any other option available.
Im feeding my baby she is 11 month now. My legs become numb when ever I sit down or take my baby on my lab. I can not walk fr seconds. It happen every time I take my baby on my lap.
I had cesarean 2 months back and breastfeeding. What is the best method avoid pregnancy? can i use contraceptive pills?
I have an irregular period problems, because of that I have more stressed in my mind. Please give the proper distinction for that.
I get my periods only for two days. My flow stops on the third day completely. And I am just 18 yrs. Is it okay?
To achieve optimum health we tend to listen to advice from all and sundry. Unqualified advice may lead to confusion and illness. So what should people really have in their diet?
It would be wise to include the following in your meals:-
1. Nuts: Pistas, almonds or walnuts. Not more than 6 to 8 daily of each. Preferably early morning before breakfast. Avoid cashew nuts and groundnuts.
2. Fruits: Atleast 2 medium sized seasonal fruits like apple or orange daily. Preferably to be had between meals.
3. Vegetables: They should be cooked minimally. At least one green veg and one sprout. Also have salad.
4. Fish oil: Either 200 gm fish weekly or cos liver oil capsules twice daily.
5. Olive oil: Use extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp per person per day. Preferably as a dressing over salads. Don't use for cooking.
Some tips for having meals:
1. Keep 2 - 3 hours between your dinner and bedtime.
2. Restrict use of salt to less than 1 tsp per person per day.
3. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Never have large quantities of water at a time. Generally sedentary workers should not have more than 2.5 liters of water daily. Don't have water immediately after meals. Wait for at least 30 minutes after meals.
4.1 tsp of cow ghee is recommended for essential fats.
5. Don't have more than 300 kcal per meal.
6. Limit every meal size to what fits in a quarter plate.
7. It is advisable to fast once weekly having fruits, vegetable salad and milk.
8. Use minimal sugar in your meals. Stay away from carbonated sodas.
Exercise for all
Indians require more exercise than westerners.
Exercise daily for 1 hour. Break it up as follows:
40 minutes cardio
10 minutes weights
10 minutes office exercise (stretching and walking in the office)
While doing cardio maintain your pulse at about 80% of your maximum heat rate (approx 120 bpm)
Always warm up before exercise and do stretches after exercise.
Stay any exercise routine gradually.
Daily variations in speed and intensity of exercise are recommended and are most useful.
Drink water or light diet 30 min prior to exercise. Have a warm shower after exercise. Never cold water bath.
Stick to your routine despite all odds.
Get a massage once a month.
Don't exercise with sprained muscles. Give them adequate rest.
I guess some limb has been grown in side my breast. I am really concerned regarding this. Kindly help me.
My wife 5 month pregnancy .she want to remove her pregnancy .she can take mifepristone tablet. It maybe work.
A Spanish study has shown that pumpkin seeds contain compounds which fight efficiently against cancer cells and as well are good in the fight against bad mood.
They are rich in proteins, manganese, fibers, potassium and phosphor. These seed contain a high level of zinc which is very important for the immune system, they help in development and right division of cells in the organism, have an effect on the sleeping routine and improve sight, skin and create good mood.
Pumpkin seeds contain compounds which fight efficiently against cancer cells.
In fact pumpkin seeds are effective against different types of cancer and have anti-inflammatory properties.
A german study showed that women which pass through menopause should consume pumpkin seeds daily and have 23% lower chances of developing breast cancer.
Sunflower seeds are very effective as well. Pumpkin seeds oil is effective and useful when it is used on problems with increased prostate. The oil contains phytochemicals and antioxidants which fight free radicals in the organism and prevent creation of cancer cells.
Pumpkin seeds are great source of proteins which are key factor for loosing extra weight.
30 g of pumpkin seeds contains 5 g of protein which will help you to stay full.
However be careful and moderate in consumption of these seeds because a cup of them contains 285 cal. As well they are great for physical and mental health.
Hello Drs , During my pregnancy, my TSH level was 10.2,out of normal range. I have been taking thyrox 25 start from then. But I tested few days back and sees normal range. Do I need to still continue the tablet ? Or I can stop?
I had sex 10 days before. And now I missed my period. I want to know if there is any way to avoid pregnancy without having and abortion by using only pills.
My wife's breasts are very loose so what is the procedure to recondition of breasts. My wife's age is now 24.
My mother is 51 years old, and over the past one year, she has been having cough problems. This seems to happen every two days (sometimes before food, sometimes after). On some of these occasions it is just cough, but on others it leads her to throw up (not necessarily food, sometimes only phlegm). One of the previous doctors she had consulted, recommended she take an endoscopy of esophagus, but she is not comfortable with that. Do these symptoms have anything to do with menopause? is there an alternative to endoscopy? if endoscopy is a must, can it be done with anesthesia? kindly advice. Someone I know from work has consulted with you for their mother who had similar symptoms, hence seeking your guidance.
More the stamina more will be the energy to perform all daily activities.
1. Eat Healthy
Food affects your body to a great extent. To increase your stamina you need to switch to a balanced diet. A well-balanced, low-fat diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables and lean meats keeps the body healthy and increases both physical and mental stamina. Try to eat frequently in small servings to keep your body steadily supplied with energy.
Exercise is one of the most effective solutions to increasing stamina. It may tire you in the beginning; however, it will increase the stamina and provide strength on the long run. Even mild but regular exercising can help a lot when it comes to building stamina.
3. Indulge in an Activity you Like
Choose an activity that you enjoy. If you like either running or cycling, then stamina-building is going to be lot easier for you. Run or cycle for few miles daily and you will feel the change soon. You would soon be able to go extra miles easily with ease. Such daily activities may also include swimming, boating or even jogging in the park to help increase your stamina.
4. Quit Smoking
Smoking affects one’s stamina to a great extent. If you are less involved in physical activities and smoke a lot, your stamina will go for a toss. To be high on stamina, make sure you smoke less and if possible, quit it once and for all.
5. Motivate Yourself
Motivation helps in building stamina. Think positive and concentrate on the goals that you have set for yourself. Avoid thinking about possible hindrances that you may experience. Involve friends in your stamina-building activities. Meditation may also help concentrate on the good things.
Rest is as important for improving stamina as any other activity. Take ample sleep and rest to feel full of energy while performing any of your stamina-building activities. A sound sleep can help you feel active throughout the day.
7. Prevent Illnesses
The most effective way to avoid catching those pesky office colds that drain your energy is to wash your hands regularly. Avoid touching your nose and eyes with your hands; don’t share cups, pens or phones with infected individuals.
8. Relax and Save Energy
Learn to relax under pressure. Deep breathing and imaging can help. Take a few deep breaths and imagine a beautiful scene. Worrying saps energy and can reduce stamina. Saving energy at such occasions can let you feel energetic for much longer during the day.
Cross-training is one of the most effective and safe ways to improve stamina and performance level as well as to avoid injury. Choose two or more activities that complement each other, such as weight training and trail running or biking and swimming.
I am tasnim nahar. Age 25+. Married. Have some problem with my periods. Last time it was 16 day long. Bleeding heavily with cramps. N the texture of the blood was not normal, its slippery. N I was feeling my breast is enlarged. I have 2 medicines named clot xl 500 n syl forte. N finally ofloxacin ornidazole tablets n its stopped. Can you please tell me about this problem which I am facing. Is it any hormonal imbalance? Kindly suggest me. Thank you.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set yourself an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.