Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Maria SowminiYour feedback matters!
Sir, I donno y, but I feel I hav a very fast heart beat. If I woke up suddenly or any fast action increases my heart beat. I can literally feel my heart. Even I can see my heart beat on my chest. Do I hav a chance of heart attack in future or it is any kind of defect of my body.
Sir, my blood pressure often become high when some tension on my mind and when I eat some oily dishes so please tell me what I do?
How can I cure high blood pressure, sugar and high cholesterol levels simultaneously? what should i do ?
Hello I want to know the symptoms of cholesterol How do I come to know that I have cholesterol Thanks.
Is homeopathy an effective treatment? Is it going to cure people with High blood pressure type 2 diabetes high cholesterol and very high triglycerides, how long it will take? Is it not expensive? All reviews negate the treatment .how about ayurveda? Is online consultation useful?
I suffer from hormone imbalance. Kindly suggest any treatment? Also has morbidity. Blood pressure has been detected recently.
I have checked my BP for the first time it shows 140/90 I am non smoker, non alcoholic, what is the reason, and how I can control it.
Hi Sir, I'm 25 years old boy, I am working in research and development lab since last 2 yrs. I am having back pain and inside stomach also upsetness. I thought its common, But because of thees near to heart angina chest pain, also coming for some times. I went for medical checkup everything come correct reports. I do not know whats happen. Can you please suggest me safety precautions for maintaining those in home itself? I'm waiting for your suggestion sir.
While you may be worried about being affected with coronary diseases just because your forefathers suffered from it, there are various factors that are absolutely in your sole control. With a little change in lifestyle and following a well-regulated routine, you can easily keep your hereditary cardiac diseases at bay.
- Take a Healthy Diet Regularly: Increase the amount of green leafy vegetables and colourful fruits in your regular diet as they are rich in phytonutrients and other anti-oxidants, vitamins, fibres, minerals as well as anti-inflammatory molecules that would increase your immunity.
- Regulate Your Blood-Sugar Level: Studies show that blood sugar is a great contributor to cardiac diseases. So try to replace your high-carb diet with loads of fibre, protein and healthy fats to keep your blood-sugar level in control.
- Increase the Intake of Fibre: Try to increase the amount of fibre in your food chart by having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and soya so that it amounts up to at least 50 grams a day. You may even include fibre supplements in your diet.
- Stay Away From Processed and Junk Food: We know you are crazy about fast food, but you must also include sodas, processed jams, fruit juices and soft drinks as well, which are the greatest contributors to diabetes and in turn lead to heart diseases.
- Increase the Intake of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Try to include cold-water fish like sardine, salmon and herring along with flax seeds and sea weeds. This 'good' fat would keep your cholesterol level in check and lower down the amount of malicious LDL levels and transform them into harmless LDL particles.
- Get Rid of all Hydrogenated Food: This implies that you should abstain from having cookies, margarine, baked stuff and crackers. Don't be fooled by the label saying, "no trans-fat" and instead look for healthy coconut, olive or sesame oil.
- Abstain from Consuming Alcohol: Alcohol can do no good to any organ of your body. Instead, it triggers the amount of triglycerides, causes fatty liver and creates sugar imbalance in your body. By reducing alcohol consumption you can reduce inflammation, which causes various chronic diseases.
- Have good quality supplements: Along with having a healthy diet and workout, you must try to take in multivitamin and mineral supplements regularly to keep fit and active all around the year.
- Exercise Regularly: Researches report that a minimum of half an hour's exercise is required by our body regularly. After all, the heart is a muscle, and you must work out regularly to keep it healthy for a longer span.
- Manage your Stress Levels: Stress alone can lead to a fatal heart attack without prior signal. Take the time out to indulge in yoga, meditation, tai chi or anything that would keep your stress levels under control and help you to lead a happier, healthier life.
These 10 easy ways will help you to prevent cardiac diseases; but you must consult a responsive cardiologist at the earliest.