Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maria SowminiYour feedback matters!
Recently I was feeling short of breath and went to the cardiologist to get checked. He informed there is infection in the chest and gave me Roxid 300 and Metopar. Also he suggested to get chest X-Ray done and the result is enclosed with slides. Blood reports where OK. But I still feel pressure on my chest on the upper right side and breathless. Doctor suggested to continue the medicine: should I be worried as before two months the chest X-ray was normal.
Hi my father is a heart attack patient he got attacked 2 years ago now wt type of food he will take and he is too heavy weight person .
I am a known hypertensive and diabetic, my creatinine fluctuates and is currently a little higher than upper limit. Sometimes suddenly I experience surge in heartbeat and BP, this affected my sleep also. Why is this and what should I do? Should I consult a Physician or Cardiologist?
I am 55 years of age and 86 kgs in weight. For the past over a year I am not able to enjoy good sexual life. I suffer from high BP for the last 10 years or so. Presently I take Nebistar 5 mg one tablet in the morning and Telmikind 40 one tablet in the night daily. I have also suffered from acute acidity, reflux and gastric related problems over past 5/6 years for which I have been frequently on medications such as Omeprazole, Pantpoprazole and various antacids tablets. This I guess has taken a heavy toll on my health and also affected my sexual life. All my other reports are well within normal limits and I don't suffer from diabetes. Basically the sexual drive seems to have reduced. Taking into account my above condition, can you please advise how can I overcome these problems where I can reduce my weight, don't have acidity reflux related problems which helps increase my sexual drive to enjoy good sexual life. I am looking for a combination of exercises, food diet plan and medication for increased sexual drive and vitality. Thanks in advance.
I am getting pain in heart twice in a week when I am eating food heavily then getting pain. Is there any treatment for this deasis I need best solutions.
My father is 68 years old suffering from muscular or never pain. Pain starts from thigh and goes to the hip. Sometimes he feels that it is only in the hip and next day the pain shifts to the thigh. X-rays has been done and report is normal. But he couldn't bear the pain. He has shown to doctor, and doctor prescribed some best quality pain killers and administered some injections too. Pls suggest, why it is happening or any medicine can cure it. He is been a patient of CAD and three stent have been implanted in last two years, n having medicine.
I am suffering from dry cough from a last two week and I had a chest pain when I cough had. Can you would suggest what I do?
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.