Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Mohankumar ShettarYour feedback matters!
His advice was very helpful. It helped us to get the right vaccination on time
My doberman pup has swallowed 8 tabs of ivermectine. Now his pupils are dilated and eye color is changed. He is unable to see anything. What to do now?
My 2 month old labrador puppy is detected with canine distemper. Please tell me the cure and treatment for this disease.
My 6 month old lab pup has been limping randomly from past a month. At the beginning it was his rear left limb but since yesterday I'm seeing him hesitating in place his front right leg down. He is on RC feeding. Has gained good height and weighs roughly 31 kgs. I have got done his x-ray & blood test and my vet has ruled out HD (left hip slightly affected) but his phosphorus level is slightly high. I have been giving him neuroqik n pet joint as supplements but have been quite effective. Is there anything I can do to help my pup walk normal. Also how can I share x-ray n blood report?
Hi. I am a great dog lover. I often work actively to improve the condition of street dog's near my house and also to save their lives. But I get badly disturbed by their deaths. I have noticed the death of 3 pups this year. The mother of those pups seems to be pregnant again. I being their sole savior in my colony wont the mother to get aborted. I know it is a wrong to do but you can understand my condition as I am just 18 and at this age nothing can be more important than my studies. So are there any safe pills which can be given to the female to avoid her pregnancy. (need a help from you doc A. S. A. P, I wont be able to handle any further traumas; prevention are better than cure)
I kept water for stray dog outside my home. Two stray dog drank that. I left that water there itself. On next day my 5 months old cat drank that water. After 30 min my cat bitten me while playing. No blood came but it teared my skin immediately I applied dettol, after 8hr I take TT injection and then after 24hr I take 1st dose anti rabis vaccine (they said injection name abayrash 1 dose 350rs) On day 3 and day 6 I took injection (abayrash 2 and abayrash3) Now doctor telling me 4th dose is not need if cat was healthy. I told that water story. But doctor was in hurry mood and telling IS THAT CAT SAFE? THEN NO NEED. What if dogs are not healthy?
My dog is 5 years old she is not eating from last 3 days whatever she eats she vomit back. What to do? Went to a Dr. he said that she's is suffering from gastrointestinal infection today he provided drip and don't know which medicine but my pet is not eating anything and she is very lethargic right now. I'm worried. Yesterday she had a fever of 104°C but today no fever was there.
My dog is having high fever with blood in motion and also vomiting since 1 day. He is 3 months old. Please tell me what to do? please
I have 1 month 7 day old beagle he bites a lot and tries to eat everything in the house and bites everyone alot.
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.