Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manohar K NYour feedback matters!
Type 2 diabetes is commonly seen in adults, but nowadays its prevalence is rapidly increasing in young adults and even teenagers. It is a chronic disorder that adversely affects the way your body processes and metabolizes the glucose (blood sugar).
In Type 2 Diabetes, your body either resist the effects of insulin, a hormone that controls the sugar flow into the cells or does not produce adequate insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Incorporating a healthy living, with the focus being on eating healthy and exercising regularly (for about 30-45 minutes) can help keep Diabetes Type 2 in check.
- Take small and frequent meals i.e. 4-6 times a day spread across regular time intervals. Also, carry a quick fix of carbs that can come to aid when the sugar levels drop.
- Foods rich in fiber and complex carbohydrates, such as bread, vegetables, fruits and whole grain cereals should be at the top of the priority food list. Stay away from fatty or fried food.
- Keep a check on your glucose level regularly at home with the help of a blood glucose meter.
- A three monthly HBA1C test (three-month average blood sugar) can help to know overall blood sugar control.
- Limit consumption of alcohol and completely cut down on tobacco.
- Get up from your couch and hit the nearest jog course or do the exercise of your choice. There is no substitute to physical activities if you are on your way to control Diabetes; be if any type.
- Assess cholesterol and blood pressure count periodically.
- Because of nerve damage and poor blood circulation, your foot may have to bear the brunt of this disorder as well. Take good care of your feet. Check your feet for swelling, red spots and blisters; wear special shoes with a soft pair of socks that can keep your feet dry. Get your feet examine by special instruments for blood circulation and sensation in feet.
- Diabetes damages oral health as well. Visit a dentist for a gum and tooth checkup at least a couple of times in a year.
- Get your kidneys and retina tested as diabetes may weaken the blood vessels of these areas.
I am 41 m suffering frm diabetes last 3 months sugar level is high 180 fasting 250 pp taking dianorm m 2 times
I am suffering from hyperthyroidism problem. I am a 23 years old girl. My weight is just 33 kg. Every time feeling tired, dry skin, faster heart beat.
Hi I am 29 years old and I am suffering from type -2 diabetes. Please suggest me proper diet chart. Now my diabetes are under control by walking and medicine. Can I cure my diabetes without using medicine.
Resp sir, My uric acid increases repeatedly 6.2,Pl tell why it happens so, which part of body is not working properly. Thanx.
I am 41 years male weight 75 kg height 5 feet 7 inch uric acid 7.6,triglycerides 290, advice, diet restrictions and exercise.
I have been suffering from diabetes from 8 years and I have been using medicines for that but still it is not getting cured.
Hello i am pregnant (8 weeks) and my sugar levels are high. My hba1c is 7.5%. I am worried if this is going to harm my baby. Please help.
Akruit-4 daily taking 4 tabs to reduce tuberculosis but now uric acid increased. how to reduce it and kindly give tips to increase spinal cord bone strength. Because that placed near spine in left fossa few times back pain and left knee pain coming, how can reduce it?
My weight is 82 kg, age 49, height 174, male,blood sugar fasting 111 mg/dl, after 2 hours glucose load 113 mg/dl, pulse rate 64 and waist circumference 103 cm dated 30-05-17. Now I want to decrease the weight. Kindly suggest me.
I am a 48 year diabetic patient, before one year remove my utres, my stomach is very big. How to reduce the stomach. And also swollen my leg. After bled test report says that the total protein and calcium is low. Please suggest me what kind of food will taken, and how to solve the protein deficiency.
My wife was preg. 4weak We test sugar today It was to high Doct advice to take insulin in stomach Is it save to take insulin . Pl help How to prevent. Is there any risk .
I am 39 year old male, my leg foot is burning 24 hour, I am diabetic taking medicine but in control. Please Advise how can be relief from foot burning ?
Iam 68 years old. My biochemistry report is as follows: 1) blood sugar (fasting) - 217 2) blood sugar (pp) - 406 3) serum creatinine - 1.1 4) serum uric acid - 5.0 5) serum billirubin (t) - 0.5 6) serum billirubin (d) - 0.1 7) dgot - 19 8) sgpt - 26 9) serum total protein - 6.7 10) serum albumin - 4.2 11) serum alk. Phosphatase - 60 12) serum total cholesterol - 190.6 13) serum truglyceride - 186.7 14) serum hdl - 41.6 15) serum vldl - 37.3 please let me advise as to what medicines should I take con control diabeties, to improve serum creatinine, cholesterol and triglyceride. Regards.
Hi, My father had diabetes for many years and expired due to that but I do not have diabetes but have hyper tension for which I am taking nebicard h daily 5 mg will I or my kids get affected from my dad or from me as my kids are hyper active now at present who are aged 4 and 9 years kindly reply asap and precautions to take to avoid the future problems.
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
- Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.