Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manmohan Lohra
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manmohan LohraYour feedback matters!
Men and women alike dread the thought of hairfall. For most of us, this is an age related problem, but for others it could also be a sign of an unhealthy lifestyle. Thankfully, there are many home remedies that are effective ways to treat hair fall.
- Onion juice: The sulphur present in onion can help reduce hairfall and speed up the hair growth process by increasing the production of collagen in the body. Chop or grate an onion and squeeze out the juice. Apply this to your scalp and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off with a mild shampoo. Ideally, this should be repeated twice a week.
- Garlic: Garlic is also a rich source of sulphur, but it cannot be used in its pure form. Boil a little coconut oil with a few crushed cloves of garlic. Massage the cooled mixture into your scalp and leave for about half an hour before washing it off. You could combine this with onion juice as well.
- Coconut: Coconut oil is very good for the hair as it can promote hair growth as well as reduce breakage and prevent hair fall. If you are using bottled coconut oil, warm it before massaging into the scalp. Alternatively, grate a coconut and mix with a little water before squeezing out the milk from it. Apply this on the scalp and leave overnight.
- Amla: Amla or the Indian gooseberry is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. This helps keep the scalp healthy and promotes hair growth. To benefit from it, apply a mixture of lemon juice and amla juice or amla powder on the scalp. Once dry, rinse the mixture off with luke warm water. If used in the initial stages of hair fall, amla can help reverse the process.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek contains hormone antecedents that help stimulate hair growth and help strengthen hair follicles. Soak a cup of dried fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind into a paste. Apply this paste to your scalp and leave for about half an hour before rinsing off. Using this hair mask every morning for a month should have noticeable results.
- Aloe Vera: The enzymes in aloe vera promote healthy hair and help stabilise the scalp’s pH levels thereby promoting hair growth. It can also help reduce itchiness and dandruff. To benefit from it, you could consume a tablespoon of aloe vera juice or apply aloe vera juice directly onto the scalp as a hair mask.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pimples from past 4 years but till now I have tired everything but no change. Suggest me the best way to reduce pimples. Acne. And white hair and hair fall too.
I am only 19 years old. But I am facing hairloss in female pattern .Please suggest me a way to get rid of it. I was using revilus shampoo of Dr. Reddy but now I have purchased sebowash. Please suggest me way by which I can get some new and healthy hair on my scalp.
I had got chickenpox about 5 months ago. But now onwards I have those spots on face, hands and others. Mostly in face. So how can I remove them?
I am 19 years old. I have pimples down my back. I did all I could but in vain healed anything. What should I do?
Sir, I will turn 16 tomorrow but their are lot of pimples and blackheads on my face. Pls help me! I'll be grateful to you.
Hair greying is an inevitable part of aging, and it is a natural process. But it can also be a cause of concern if your hair starts greying prematurely; when you are still in your 20s or early 30s. A genetic trait, critical medication conditions or poor nutrition can lead to premature greying. Unfortunately, people think only colouring the hair can fix greying. But this is just a temporary fix, and you need to keep re-colouring your hair. Also, all the harsh chemicals in hair dyes can harm your hair with prolonged use.
Ayurveda For Hair Greying-
In Ayurveda, hair fall is referred to as ‘khalitya’ and premature graying of hair is termed as ‘Palitya’. Both khalitya and Palitya are considered as pure paitik (arising out of ‘pitta’) disorders. It means, when you continuously disturb ‘pitta’ (heat in your body), it can gray your hair. So, according to Ayurveda, if you consume pitta enhancing substances, your pitta aggravates and cause gray hair. From ayurvedic point of view, good hair growth is linked to one’s physical and mental health. When one is cheerful, the hair looks lively, alternatively when one is feeling depressed and pessimistic, the hair acquires a fallen and lifeless look.
Ayurveda is a good alternative remedy for premature greying. It is natural and it has no side-effects.
Here are some Ayurvedic treatments for premature greying:
Coconut Oil and Curry Leaves: This is one of the oldest, and mildest Ayurvedic treatments for premature greying. All you need to do is boil curry leaves (about ½ a cup) and coconut oil (1/8 of a cup) together. After the mixture is boiled enough, put it aside to cool down. Next, gently massage the mixture into your hair roots. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Amla or Indian Gooseberry: Amla is an excellent remedy for premature greying and restoring natural pigmentation of hair. Dry some slices of amla, and then boil them in coconut oil. Now massage this concoction into your hair for best results. You have to make sure your hair is entirely coated with this mixture.
Buttermilk and Curry Leaves: For best results, make a paste of a bunch of curry leaves and a cup of buttermilk and apply it on your scalp. Keep it for thirty minutes before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo.
Carrot Seed Oil and Sesame Seed Oil: A blend of carrot seed oil and sesame oil is an effective Ayurvedic remedy for premature greying. Mix half a tablespoon of carrot seed oil and 4 tablespoons of sesame oil and massage it into your hair roots and scalp. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo for best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.