Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manmohan LohraYour feedback matters!
I have black spots on my chicks and nose. I do not have pimple problem. But my skin is oily. What should I do?
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am suffering from dry cough since 4 months, i've had my urine, saliva, running and blood test done. I've taken all the prescriptions my doc had given but still I have no relif. He said I have li'll cough in my lungs. I do smoke tough but trying to quit. What should I do? Any home remedies would help? And i'm also having a itch under my testicles and beside them on the thigh and when I itch it there will be a small pimples there and it dosent feel good. Thank you.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all aging individuals. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Damage due to sun exposure is the primary cause of skin aging. It especially affects those who have lighter or fairer skin as the low melanin content in their skin makes it more prone to damage and aging.
Although skin aging cannot be entirely stopped or reversed, the process can be slowed down to prevent its early onset.
There are many ways of doing so through some simple lifestyle modifications such as the following:
- Avoid sun exposure : This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Always wear sunscreen : This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
- Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as not smoking, avoiding the use of too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look younger and slow down the aging process.