Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath V. K.Your feedback matters!
I’m Dr Mehul Chawla, practising, in Gurgaon. I’m practising dentistry since 2011. Since inception, I was always into two things, first was root canal treatments and second is dental implants. Both these fields are closer to each other. Root canals help to save the tooth the implants help to replace the tooth that is spoilt. So let me just tell you briefly about root canal treatments. So root canals, a root canal is a procedure of aeronautic and causative department of dentistry. So it is a procedure to save a tooth for a long time that has been decayed due to the past neglect of the person.
In root canals, they clean the canals of the tooth with an instrument so that to make sure there is no microorganism remaining. Finally, the root of the canal is filled with dental filling material. So let's come to implant now. See implants are not very recent procedures. They are in the market for the past 30 years now but these days they are very famous in India now because the implant cost has drastically decreased.
Implants is basically a procedure to replace one or number of teeth with better than before fixed prosthesis. Also, the implants are more promising replacement options than others because it gives a success rate of more than 98%. So replacement of one tooth to the number of teeth is actually possible with the help of dental implants.
So thanks for watching me. If you wish to see me again or wish to know more about dentistry, just put on the Lybrate. You can email me, you can call me. You can go online and do the video chatting with me.
I will be very happy to share my knowledge with you.
Hello. My mother is having burps problem. It comes from mouth and once it gets started then it is difficult to stop without any medicine. What to do?
I want to control my blood pressure? When I eat, hot or cold item my teeth pains. How to get relief from this? Please help me.
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
My mom has pyria disease recently observed after meet doctor and from blood report. What to do. Cure,effect etc. Every detail. please sir suggest me.
My teeth is too sensitive and due to some problem I always eat from one side. Please suggest some thing.
Hello, Got my wisdom tooth extracted today, 3 hours ago to be precise. I have a few questions, please do spare your valuable time in answering them. Much needed help. Thanks. 1. How Long does the bleeding continue? 2. Time for swelling and pain to reduce. 3. When can I start smoking and drinking alcohol again? 4. Is rest required to stop the bleeding? Any other suggestions to help heal faster is totally welcomed. Thanks again.
I am suffering From Mouth Ulcer From a long Time Some years before they were to appear on my lips But Now They are both in tough and lips white in Color After taking medicine they cure but again after few days they appear please help.
Hello sir I have a big problem In my mouth Mera mouth pura nhi open hota beacuse kuch din phle mai gutkha khta thaa bt ab 5 month ho chuke hai maine chod diya bt phir bhi mera mouth koi growth nhi kr rha hai You can some help of problem.
Tooth loss is a challenge for both the patient and the dentist. Patient has to deal with reduced chewing efficiency and altered appearance. The dentist, on the contrary, is faced with restoring the lost tooth to the maximum natural extent possible - functionally and structurally.
The fixed dentures came close with their ability to providing fixed teeth that were stable and aesthetically appealing. However, there was one big disadvantage. The adjacent teeth that were being used as abutment were reduced in size and therefore strength though they could be perfectly normal teeth. In an effort to avoid this, the dental community started looking at options, the result of which was implant. Not just replacing the crown part of the tooth, even the root portion of the tooth is replaced here.
A biocompatible material, titanium, is put into the tooth to serve as the root. Titanium is strong, light, biocompatible (does not cause autoimmune reactions in the surrounding tissues) and most importantly osseointegrated (fuses to the surrounding bone). Once placed as the root, it gets absorbed into the bone after a period of about 2 to 6 months. Then, a crown or a denture is literally built on this root to simulate the natural appearance as close as possible. This provides not just the complete natural tooth structure but also provides support to the surrounding tissues like the gums and the cheeks.
Implant dentistry is a perfect example of teamwork including surgeons to operate and place the bone, prosthodontists to do the crown or the bridge, a periodontist to manage the gums health, and a lab technician who can do the finest job on the crowns or the bridges.
Types of implants: Three common types include:
- Single tooth replacement: In cases where a single tooth is lost, the implant would be one root that is allowed to fuse to the bone and then a crown is placed over it.
- Fixed multiple teeth replacements: If more than one tooth is lost, then bridges are fabricated by placing one or more implants and then custom-made crowns are placed over these implants.
- Removable implant supported complete denture: If all the lower teeth are missing, implants could be placed at pre-identified locations and then a complete denture fabricated over it. This is commonly done in lower jaws as stability is always a cause for concern.
Contraindications: The success of the implant requires good bone health. The most common contraindications would be patients with chronic diseases like poorly controlled diabetes, cancer in the line of jaws, chronic smoking, or poor periodontal health.
However, if managed well, even these patients can have implants after a detailed assessment by the dental team. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.