Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My relatives son is 14 years old. Whenever he eats any spicy food or salty food or washes his face with soap he gets a reddish rash under the lower lip and it gets very difficult for him neither to eat or speak. He constantly complains of severe pain and had tried some antiseptic creams like borolin. The pain and the reddish rash are not subsiding. I am afraid that is some bacterial infection. Please tell me what the problem is and by using which creams he can combat this infection.
My daughter is 18 years, she is little less than wheatish complexion, her face skin has got little lighter colored patches which will appear for several weeks or months and it will disappear, a suggested by one of the doctors she use take wormin tables once in 6 months. And she is using, Jhonson Baby soap, kojiglo at night time, photostable sunscreen lotion when she goes in sunlight, What has to be done.....it looks odd on her face..Expecting a positive suggestion... thanks
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.
I am 40 years old. I had little enquiry my son 14 years old he had constipation problem from which sometimes he faces hyper acidity, stomach ache, n sometime vomiting due to hyperacidity. Pimples on his face do let know any medicine regarding this. Thanks.
I have 4 months child and she is suffering gas problem she cry please help me to solve this problem.
Is it safe to give pedicloryl syrup to 4 months old baby? if yes then in what quantity? the baby is all the time cranky and is not having proper sleep. Only sleep for an hour max and thn wakes up and cry. Please suggest what to do?
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
What should be my meal. And what should meal my 17 month son which weight is 11 kg. Whats kind of exercise and drug to be taken.?
Hi my baby girl is 3 weeks old, she is suffering from cold, chest cough and vomit, she is very much suffer from motion problem, she is 2.5 kg only still weight not gain because of these prblm I am very much worried about this pls advice.
My son is 4.5 yrs old. He has tight foreskin (phimosis) what should I do? should I administer a surgery or wait for couple of years.
My son is two month old due to cough n cold we took him to doc today. He had recommended steam for him n given us Some Ipratropium nebulizer solution Bp .can we use such solution for steaming via nebulizer .I hope it doesn't have any side effects as he is having little bit cough n cold only. Pls given us second advice.
What should I do for the underweight of my daughter. She is 4 & 1/2 yes she us very slim eat everything. But, did not work. Advise me. Wht to do?
My baby having rashes and red spot. Is dis diaper rashes? I tries onabet cream, velbet cream, rashfree, zincovite syrup, thn to its hapng what to do?
What is the correct age for babies to stop breastfeed? does weaning increase weight? best solid food for babies?
My son is 3 and half years old. He is suffering from cough and cold for last few months. I am treated my child for allopathic and homeopathy doctor but he didn't recover. He is very week. He is very slim but active. Last summers he is suffering from typhoid. Please suggest the medicine pls.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.