Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I have weak eye sight one both are 9/6 but I don't use specs my eyes are always swollen and headache problem also. please guide.
My eyes get strained frequently while working on computers. It gives me pain in eyes and unable to concentrate. What should I do?
I am taking lutivit since 3 days for eyes irritation. But I am getting pain in above testicles. I am diagnosed having gallbladder stone. Suffered chikungunya one and half months back. May I continue the lutivit capsules daily one.
If I study for 1-2 hrs with full concentration. My eye aches n water comes out. I consulted many doctor if I need spectacle or not. They said no.
Hi good afternoon, I am suffering from more laziness and my eye feels so sleepy from last few days and I'm married since last of march. I have joined gym from last 6 days. Could you please tell me about these symptoms?
Redness, pain, swelling, itching. Discharge of water from my left eye. Same problem to all other family members
Now I have (1.5) and (1.0) number in eyes. How I remove my eye number without operations. Please suggest me about very effective home remedies. (I have a problem to see long distances object)
Hello, I am most of the time in some other world. It's not hallucinations but I keep imagining things like-I am talking to people and they watching me where ever I go. For eg. If I go to a mall, when I walk there I think My self as a doctor and the ppl around me as my patients. M just a first years medico. I don't know what's wrong with me. Please help me. Whats this?
I have red eyes. I sleep at 11pm to 7am in between 3times I wake up. My job day and night, my sleeping Tim will vary not constant time.
Dear sir/ ma'am Me and my sister both are partially albino. Although my power is fine. Her eye power is pretty high. Could you suggest anything to cure this? Any operation or exercise or anything?
I have red eyes from last three days. And it is pained from last three day. I have also stomach problem. It is paid when I eat some fast food. I have also number of farts. My sister have also problem in mouth. When she is eat some hot foods. My mother is handicap and my father is also handicapped. They cannot walk by their own legs.
I am having pain in my left eye. During night times. And I am using some sort of eye drops but it is of no use.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.