Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjunath
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr, I travel to much for my work purpose, because of that I suffer body pain daily. I also have bad breath and week teeth issue, for strong bone and for strong teeth what food you suggest for me.
Is weed more dangerous than cigarettes? If it is then why and what are the side effects? Because some people usually say weed is a stressbuster.
My memory is temprary when I learn somthing then after some time I forgot everything so I need your help how could I increase my memory power?
I am having extreme stage fear and my legs will shake severely during tension while giving speech. I am feeling depressed because ppl making fun of me. Pls suggest any remedy for my problem.
I am suffering with depression and anger. My mood changes every time. I am afraid to visit doctor directly. Please suggest me some medicines which are available in indian local medical shops.
I have anxiety and started treatment from last 13 months. Now the symptoms are completely controlled and started reducing dosage. But I would like to know whether the symptoms will not occur again after I stopped using medicines completely or not. I am using Sertagress 50 mg morning and night.
HI SIR/MADAM. I am 23 year old male. My height is 5' 10" and my weight is 52 kg. I completed my graduation. My brain is not working. I am depending on what my heart says. Its getting me hurt every time I thought with heart and I speak with heart. I know I don't have wisdom. I am always negative. Can I become wise person. Then how and what should I do?
Hi.As we all know every human being is going to die some day as he or she will grow very old, but whenever I think about this I became very inpatient and my mind stuck with panic as it will happen one day to me and to my mother whom I love the most. Please help me out. I will be always thank ful to you.
I am aged 19 years. I doesn't have any girlfriend. By this while seeing my friends who had girlfriends I'm getting some kind of angriness .what should I do to be happy without any problems?
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!