Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I have a problem about my mentality. I am getting depressed from few months because of loneliness. please give me some advice.
I don't know what happened to me exactly, but I m started feeling lonely after returning back to home from college, I always think of my one college, we talk a lot overwhataap, call, Not intentionally I really don't know how but I think always regarding her, what is this, what happened to me.
I have been chewing ghutka since 2008. And now I finally quitted chewing totally since 3 weeks and now I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms including shortness of breathe sometimes suddenly. I want to know is it a serious issue? What should I do now? And how long will it last?
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow.
I am 18 years old. I have fear for all the things. How do I over come my fear? Any physical methods?
I lost somebody close last year and since then very feel depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Dear sir, do you have any effective medicine or threpy for treatment of stress induced collitis disease
I drink beer once in a week and aftr beer I take cigarette. Ths all bcz of my past life tensions So I wan stop this habit, can you please help me.
Hi. I'm 19 years old girl. I'm a first years medical student .I have my final examination within a week. And now it all happened to me. So I need physiological assistance. I had a guy as a best friend. I love him a lot. We were even physically intimate. There are lot of memories we shared together. Only till last week, when I proposed him, he said he can't accept me, since he has a girlfriend. He started to ignore me since then.& afterwards clearly mentioned he doesn't want to keep any connection with me. This was too shocking for me. I'm now in a state of mental depression. I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't study, I can't do anything. There's no way left to get back to him. The memories are haunting me like he'll. I'm afraid I will not pass the examination in this way. Please help me as fast as possible so that I may continue my normal life forgetting him. Please help me out.
I am 25 years old. I have Parkinson's disease my both hands have been shivering since last 10 years and also there is no energy on my whole body because I have done masturbation due to masturbation I have excess orgasm. Please help me.
I am suffering from ocd for the last 30 years. Please advice as medicines are not giving any relief.
I feel really depressed about every small thing and have been prone to crying for every little thing that goes wrong. I do not feel right about anything and can not sleep either. Whenever I sleep I sometimes loose my breath and sometimes experience voices behind me. I can not make decisions properly and i'm able to concentrate or understand anything. What is happening to me?
I am having a psychological feeling that something might happen to me. And I feel disturbed the whole day. How can I divert mind from this feeling?
Hello Sir! The question is about my girl friend. She is facing some stress related problems like helplessness, hopelessness, a very low mood, poor concentration, irritability.
Rent a funny movie, go to a yoga class, keep a journal — these proven stress relief methods work. Not only will you feel better, but you’ll be happier.
These days it seems everyone is living and breathing stress. Trying to undo the tension can just add more stress if you take the wrong approach. But there’s no need to do that; there are many healthy, proven ways to get stress relief.
Here are some tried and true tips to get stress relief:
“Run, do some yoga, punch a bag at the gym,”. Exercise is a way to manage stress that doesn’t have to add to your financial woes. For example, a 20-minute walk or jog around your block can yield up to 12 hours of improved mood. The main thing is to find a physical activity that you enjoy, whether it’s dancing or fly fishing.
Spending time with friends and family who give you a sense of belonging, purpose, and fun may provide all the stress relief you need.
Dedicating a period of time every day to write about a situation that is bothering you may reduce tension and give you stress relief for the rest of the day. Keeping a journal can also help you solve problems or find positive angles amongst the stressors.
Laughter really is the best medicine. It is proven to lower tension, and at the same time, improves blood flow and the health of your heart. Rent a funny movie or hang out with that wannabe-comedian pal, and forget about your worries for a while.
Take care of yourself
W'hen tension spikes, it can be tempting to put yourself last — but prioritizing healthy eating, physical activity, relationships, and sleep is necessary if you want to avoid making your stress worse.
Get some fresh air
If you are cooped up inside all day, take a few minutes to get outside and see the sun. A little time in the great outdoors can improve your mood and help you relax.
Be kind to yourself
Think about positive affirmations daily. Thinking negative thoughts only makes you feel bad and will increase stress. Tell yourself you are doing a good job, and believe it!
Practice deep breathing and meditation exercises daily, and when you feel tension rising.
Showing thanks for your family, friends, and loved ones and being thankful for the positive aspects of your life has a calming affect. Not only does it give you perspective, it makes other people feel good, too.
Make a change
Sometimes the best way to obtain stress relief is to remove your source of tension. “for example, if you are in a job working at a certain pace in an environment that is objectively painful because of your boss, coworkers, and so on, and you’re doing it because you can earn 10 percent more money than doing something else, you could calculate that you might be better off doing something else,”.
Many people turn to unhealthy choices in an attempt to cope with tension, says goodstein. These include:
Drinking alcohol to excess
Even a seemingly harmless source of stress relief, such as computer games, can add to your problems if it cuts into the time you need to take care of yourself. Chances are that if you play computer games more than seven hours a week, you could be losing two hours of sleep a night — which will actually add to your tension in the long run. If you notice that you are starting to depend on unhealthy sources of stress relief and you can’t make a change on your own, seek help.
Some stressors are chronic and unremitting. “you may want to take a broad overview of your life to see if you have allowed yourself to be encumbered by factors that are making your life unpleasant.” if so, consider making a lifestyle change.
If you’ve been hiking, socializing, and taking care of yourself and you still have high levels of stress, talk to your doctor. Your tension could be a sign of another health issue.
Remember, you don’t have to live with tension. In fact, not only is tension unpleasant, but it is unhealthy. Keep trying out stress-relief techniques until you find the ones that work for you.