Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
My husband is 47 years old. He takes alcohol in the interval of 30-120 days. Once he starts drinking alcohol means that continues for at least one week. During this period he becomes very aggressive and out of mind and behaves almost madly. When he don't drink alcohol he is a perfect gentleman but bit short tempered. Whether this behaviour is normal? Please suggest.
I heard beer is good for health. Is this true? How much of it should be consumed on a monthly basis? Also, is hookah more harmful than cigarette?
I have started facing issues controlling anger and I tend to over think a lot. I also have trust issues and this is ruining my marriage. I am not able to access the situation's complexity and end up over reacting. I also feel less confident and due to all these issues I am not able to concentrate on my work, moreover my marriage is falling apart. My wife has a male best friend and this thing is not going well with me. She has told me several times that he is just a friend and I should trust her but I have started eating up her space. I ask too many questions to her and keep doubting her. I want to overcome this situation and improve my mental health.
I have lots of anger and very big ego. When I am talking I Sweating. And I always think negatively. I want to think positive but could not. It is happening from 13 years. I am 21. I can't concentrate in work. When I am working I thinking flash back in my brain. I always think past and future. Please help me. Should I go to psychologist. Should I need therapy. What is my problem.
I am loosing my concentrations in my work. In night I am not getting good sleep. Help me. Bring out from the problem.
I am suffering from Jaundice, my bilirubin is 1.30 and SGPT is 70, this is happen after a dental treatment. Please suggest me.
With the fast changing times, the attraction of a person towards other people are also changing.The blurry lines of differences between the definite expressions of sexuality like bisexuality, polysexuality and pansexuality have often roused the curiosity among many and caused confusion among the others. While the traditional approach to sexual orientations only deem heteronormative attractions, that is "acceptable" and normal, the emergent clamoring about LGBTQ rights have catapulted homosexuality at the center of a lot of debates.
However, these terms are also closely intertwined with a rather binarist concept of sex and gender. On the contrary, one of the most dominant claims of modern discourse is that physical sex of a person is never the foremost determinant of one's gender identity. You may easily identify yourself with one or the other or even neither of the genders and consequently not conform to any of the set gender definitions. It is in this context that the terms cisgenders and transgenders come into play.
Similarly, for those attracted to individuals who do not necessarily belong to either the male or the female sex, the terms "polysexuality" and "pansexuality" become immensely pertinent. Pansexuality refers to attraction for anybody, irrespective of one's gender identity. The pansexuals are usually drawn to individuals from all genders. Polysexuality, on the other hand refers to a condition of attraction for multiple genders, but not necessarily all. The polysexuals harbor affinities for a specific gender, which may not necessarily be male or female.
Recent LGBTQ activism lays a lot of emphasis upon granting the due respect to as well as negating any stigmas whatsoever upon such expressions of unconventional sexual orientations. With the LGBTQ movement garnering greater steam over the recent past, more and more number of people are surfacing as polysexuals. In fact some of the well known faces from all across the globe may be counted among the polysexuals . Despite all these however, there are a few misconceptions that prevails all over.
Differentiating between bisexuality and polysexuality: Many a times, people refuse to register the difference between homosexuality, bisexuality and polysexuality. Either one expresses complete ignorance about these terms or tends to use the terms interchangeably without the slightest consideration of the existing nuances.
Insensitivity towards a non-normative sexuality: Often you may encounter people who not only are unwilling to understand your point, but would constantly discount the relevance of your sexuality. Polysexuality will only be an ambivalent jargon for them with no concrete reality and as for you, they will probably book you an appointment with the shrink.
Misconceptions about one's sexual life: If you have come out as polysexual, many might perceive you as a "loose-moraled" person with devious sexual fantasies and a highly promiscuous person. It is not uncommon to have a polysexual unduly shunned and discriminated against.
When you get a compliment, 'smart thinking or you are intelligent or that was intelligent of you', you definitely feel good. These comments fill us with confidence, admiration and pride and we want it to happen to us again and again. But owing to a busy schedule and long working hours it might not be possible. Having said this, it does not mean that a person cannot stay intelligent throughout. This can be easily achieved by regular meditation. Regular meditation and yoga helps the mind to be more reflective and efficient.
Here are reasons how yoga and meditation lead to an intellectual learning and growth:
- Utilizes the brain: Almost everyone uses one half of their brain more and this leads to imbalance. Meditation is believed to sync the left and the right hemispheres, thereby allowing neural connection and great processing power. When logical left and creative right brains start working in harmony, then solving problems becomes easy; and it also increases creativity, deep thinking comes to be known of and concentration and focus magnifies. Highly successful people usually display whole brain synchronization.
- Functional capabilities of brain enhance due to meditation: Research backs it that meditation increases the gray matter thickness of the brain regions, thus making the brain smarter, bigger and faster. This is very similar to doing physical exercise which makes the muscles denser and stronger. The increase in Functional Capabilities of brain is based on the concept of neuroplasticity, which states that our intelligence is not based on genetics and there are some things which can be done to improve the way our brain works. Meditation is a good brain enhancer with an ability to increase intelligence.
- Beneficial brainwave patterns can be seen: Meditation can help to guide the brainwaves into beneficial frequencies. The frequencies: alpha, theta and delta when guided can show case a myriad of benefits including idea generation, creativity, cognitive functioning, and intellectual capacity. Meditation helps to transform these beneficial states of mind and help boost the IQ.
- Develops intuition and insights: These are generally obtained through listening and developing to the inner voice. Thus meditation forms to be the basic key to tap these latent abilities. The intelligence can be mapped through tests and quizzes and is valuable at each level to stimulate insights and creativity. As per some people, inner intelligence, is considered to be the most important and best success in the world. Successful people including Steve Jobs have stated that their super revolutionary ideas and business acumen came through their intuition.
- Meditation helps in improving both short and long term memory: The key memory areas hippocampus and frontal lobe show increase in activity during meditation. By stimulating these areas, the short and long term memories are improved.