Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and I am suffering from serious backpain. I have undergone several ayurvedic treatments but it is not helping me. So please give me a proper solution to my problem?
I'm 19 male. I have a knee inner pain. I can't seat well and it truly heart when running. I'm wearing a muscle strain to feel comfortable.
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
1. The position of your pelvis: The pelvis consists of three bones that can shift depending on which muscles become weak or stiff. This brings about a pull in the muscle of the lower back, resulting in severe strain to this area. You should consult a physiotherapist for suggestions regarding the best exercises for strengthening your pelvic area.
2. Weak abdominal muscles: A cause of your back pain can be weak stomach muscles. Abdominal muscles play an important role in balancing out the constant bending that your back muscles perform. When you've weak abdominal muscles, your spine is not able to maintain proper balance, resulting in severe stress on the spinal column.
3. Disc injuries: Located between the bones of your spine, discs perform the function of a shock absorber. Physical injury to these padded cushions can cause them to break open, leading to a condition known as herniated disc. This can then bring about pain in the back area.
Few other causes behind back pain
- Weak back muscles
- Weak osteoporotic back bones
- Disc disease
- Facet joint arthopathy (degenerative or traumatic )
- Sacro Iliac joint pain
- Infection of the spinal bones
- Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting. Some people inherit back pain. Degenerative disc disease can be genetic or inherited. That is why we see degenerative spinal changes causing chronic back pain in some young age group patients without any apparent cause.
- Cancers which can be primary or metastasis
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.
Most often back pain will resolve itself in 3 to 6 weeks time and does not need to be treated. Please note, bed rest of no more than 2 days is required. Bed rest may weaken the back muscles and prolong back pain. If the back pain continues or increases, investigations are required. Expensive Investigations like MRI is usually over prescribed and will be needed only if neuro deficit is present or infection is suspected.
- Physical rehabilitation and Pain medication like NSAID.
- Neuropathic pain medications for neural compression (gabapentin or pregabalin).
Minimally invasive procedures which have revolutionised the treatment for back pain and saved millions from spinal surgeries include
- Radiofrequency ablation treatment for Facet pain
- Transforaminal blocks for nerve compression
- SCS for chronic back pain
- Intra thecal pumps
- Intradiscal Radiofrequency procedures. ( this procedure makes the disc painless ).
Surgery should be the last option and should be restricted to patients having progressive neuro deficit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I am 46 years old male and having pain in the right shoulder since the last 4-5 months. I also have a history of diabetes in my family from my fathers side & rheumatoid arthritis from my mothers side. Please advice precaution / remedy for pain, diabetes & ra. Thanks.
I am getting mild pain in neck and near back side right hand should joints. Pain started early morning when I woke up from bed 2 weeks back. Whenever I ride my bike, I am getting pain in neck. Not able to sleep properly at nights, getting pain in neck and shoulder. I consulted local doctors and took prescription nerve, acetaminophen tablets. Pain is still there. Even took gastric tablet as per doctor suggestion. Still no solution.
I am having tender elbow for the last couple of months. Please provide me some physiotherapist exercises. So that it may get solicited at earliest. Thanks.
Dear sir, thank you for your email. Lately, I am feel swelling bottom of my foot. Further, now-a-days, I feel sleepy even in the morning, noon and night. My age is 60. Please advice.
Hi, my father age 59 .un ko dibetic hai aur dibetic control me raheta hai .un ke ek per right me boold nahi puch raha hai aur un ki fingar sun ho gayi hai. Aur abhi unca per ka hesa be sun ho raha hai. Pls us ke liye koi rasta batye vo fingar tak boold kise puche.
I am 17 year old and from past 4 days I am suffering from headache and back pain. I am also feeling stress due to studies.
Hi, I am 19 years old. And I have problem of neck pain When I do my work like writing or sitting on computer my neck starts paining a lot why is this happen and how to overcome this please help me.
I am 35 male, with 168 cm height weight above 77 kg. I drive scooter and since last month it's shock absorbers are failed so while I driving I can feel middle back pain in the middle of back. Not in vertebra line but on left and right side of exact middle back. In morning, I have to bend and get up few times which made me feel some heaviness like sprain in middle back below middle point where shoulder blade ends. I think some sprain. I would show this to orthopaedic Dr. in next week. Before I meet him, should I go for any blood tests or x-ray for middle back etc? Any home treatment I can do like ice packs? I am seeing some change as passing of gas has increased in last cpl of days with bad smell. No other problem I have. On left feet heal I have a corn, I was thinking to go for surgically remove corn but one doc gave me homeopathic pills and said it will be gone. On top of it, from 8 pm my upper lip continuously gets automatically twitching. It goes when I press lips. Does this indicate some vein in back is pinched or something? Anything different?
I am 47 years old and I am suffering from back pain .as well as disk problem .i can not even move my neck left or right .mujhe cervical ki bhi problem hai.
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice. A research group from Boston University School of Medicine tested yoga's effects on lower-back pain. Over twelve weeks, one group of volunteers practiced yoga while the control group continued with standard treatment for back pain. The reported pain for yoga participants decreased by one-third while the standard treatment group had only a five percent drop. Yoga participants also had a drop of 80% in the use of pain medication.
Electric pads, hot water bottles, and gel packs or moist such as damp clay packs are the common hot agents used for hot therapy.