Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Hello My question is to An Eye specialist. As per a doctor consultation, My wife's one eye is sleeping where her eye vision is not responding well.Doctor said this could get consulted in her childhood.By covering other eye this could work well but now chances are less. So just wanted to know do we have some way? Thanks
I have red eyes for over 3days. I washed in every 3hour'but it is very painful. What should we have. Please help.
I am suffering from dryness of the eyes and want its cure from nature , & what would be the daily routine for reducing this dryness.
I smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day. Is it bad for my health? I want to know one more thing is it going to effect my eyes as my eyes are weak and I have specs of -0.5.
I have age spot only below my left eye, it makes it appear like a sunken eye. I have got laser, chemical peeling, microdermabrasion for that but it just does not go. The doctor says it will need another laser session but it will again leave a mark. Any solution? I just apply a concealer on it everyday to hide it.
Yesterday, I was having a headache and ache in my right eye. And whenever i try to walk my back also pains. Today also I am having headache and ache in my left eye. Any thing serious.
I have red eyes for last 1 month. What should I do to get off rid this problem? Please consult me as soon as possible.
Sir am suffering from retinal pigmentosa my dad has same diagnosis my dad lost 60% of vision at the age of 45 is am going to lost the vision at the same age am a chartered accountant will it be okay in my future work can you please give me advice.
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease.