Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
My eye is getting red when I used computer, I am a software engineering and daily I have to site in front of computers So please give me suggestion what should I do.
There are problem in their eyes. Vision is not clear its becoming blur by each passing day. We have consulted in all over punjab. Treatment is going under the care of Dr., eye specialist. But by treatment of there is no improvement in vision, infact vision is becoming blur. So please tell some solution? Is there any hope of improvement of vision?
Hello doctors, I am 25 year old male. I am wearing glasses since 9 years . I have miopia -4.5 spherical both eyes. I am planning for laser operation please suggest according my powee , will it be fine to go for laser treatment. And also what is the risk ?
I have some problem in my eyes, it has some yellow color spot maximum time and tears fallen in some times and I have some problem to see. What is the solution?
I am getting conjunctivitis frequently in 10-15 days. Once in left eye and once in right eye alternately. What should I do? Is there any serious problem? Thanks in advance!
Hello, I am a 21 years old boy I am facing eye related problems. I am an architecture student so most of the times I sit in front of laptop mobile phones screens and makes detail drawing sheets due to which my eyes are getting little and weaker and face difficult in seeing nearby objects around 25 cms also I tried many eye exercises but not finding any changes please suggest some remedies.
Oftenly my eyes gets itching and eed color. When I use ciplox eye drops it goes. Why oftenly my eyes itches?
I am having a listening problem in winter season only and also my eyes got red when I wash my face. Please help me.
I am 2 years old my right eye number is -4.5 and left is -4.0 and I want to do it zero for both tell me the solution.
I am 24 years old. 8 years ago I saw solar eclipse without any protection, my eye sight was became -0.5 and it causes colour blindness. Now it is the same from 8 years. I do not want to wear spectacles, because it start headache. What should I do for it.
I am 68 Male, having pain in my backside of head almost regularly. Some times it goes automatically but most of the time, I have to take Dispirine etc. My eyes too are etching and watering regularly especially when reading or sitting on TV/computer. Kindly suggest some remedy, thanks.
Due to specs I use, I think my eyes gone deep and they look small. How to make my eyes look beautiful?
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty