Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath MYour feedback matters!
My mom is behaving like mad. Talking to herself. She is saying that she is hearing some voices. Not sleeping in night. She also said I am hearing buzz sound every time. Is it related to ear problem or any other Mental Disorder?
Had haematoma of 1.8*0.9cm which was diagonosed in 14th week, now its 23rd week is going on, no bleeding happen in this period, please advise.
I am a 23 year old girl. Frequently, I have pain at localised area on the soul of my left foot. Around a particular point only. What can be the reason and what should I do?
Which medicine shall my wife should use to reduce dry cough and cold. But she is in pregnancy period (3 months completed ). please advice soon.
I am 23 years old and for last 2 weeks am suffering from fever. Had some cold but right now I am OK but there is continuously bleeding through nose and also have some headache for last few days.
I am 47 years old, sometimes I feel like urinating 9-10 times a day and some other day it is 5-6 times a days, I did my Blood test few days back and it is normal on urine, Glycosylated was 5.3 and all parameters of Kidney are also normal. Sometimes I feel it is because of cold weather but I get stressed, sometimes feel is it any issue on prostate glands, I am worried. When I feel the need to urinate the difference is may 1 hour sometimes it takes 3 hours, it is very random. Sometimes I get up in night for urinate once, and few days I don't even get up in night. Do you suggest is it normal or I need to consult a doctor.
The human body allows for movement through the complex system of bones, muscles and joints. A break in the bone is medically known as a fracture and can be caused by constant stress, pressure or impact. It is common knowledge that with age, the bone strength decreases and incidence of fractures (osteoporotic fracture) increases. Based on the affected bone and impact, different types of fractures are commonly identified as:
- Complete: When the breakage of the bone is complete, producing two or more pieces, it is referred to as a complete fracture.
- Incomplete: When the breakage is incomplete, where the bone has cracked, but does not break into pieces, it is known as an incomplete fracture.
- Another type would be the open or closed fracture:
- Open fracture: When the skin is exposed and the bone breaks through this exposed skin, it is known as compound or open fracture.
- Simple or closed fracture: The bone breaks, but the skin continuity is maintained. Again, here are different types including hairline, greenstick, oblique, etc.
What is the reason behind a fracture?
A bone will fracture when force is applied to it that is stronger than the bone itself. A key factor in a bone’s susceptibility to fracturing is age. Both children and older people are prone to bone fractures. Children’s bones are constantly growing and have not reached their full strength. Elderly people have brittle bones with old age and are prone to develop bone diseases, making them susceptible to fractures.
How they are treated?
Splint and pain medications are commonly used. Closed reduction where the fracture is reduced without opening up the tissues and open reduction, where the tissues are opened up are common approaches to managing fractures.
Can they be prevented?
Especially with children and in the elderly, extra precaution should be taken to avoid any kind of injury and fracture.
- Develop an exercise routine to strengthen the muscles
- Manage weight
- Use the right footwear and exercise gear
- Watch your medications (avoid sleep inducing ones)
- Increase lighting in the room/home to improve clarity of vision for elderly
- Make the home/living area fall-proof by reducing clutter, using railing in the bathroom and bedrRhinoplastyoom, using rubber mat, etc.
- While a fall may seem inevitable, taking the above steps can help reduce the incidence and severity of a fall, thereby minimizing damage.