Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath Kumar KYour feedback matters!
Arthritis is an agonising and degenerative condition caused by swelling and inflammation of the joints that causes pain and stiffness. Whether it is dull, sharp, smouldering or a pressure that must be described as having a hammer crushing one of your joints, chronic arthritis pain and joint inflammation is a very common disease among many adults.
Here are a few generic tips to help the condition of arthritis:
- General and regular exercising: Specialists prescribe the use of a workout plan that guarantees certain activities and exercise routine. The point of the regular exercising routine is to guarantee mobility and flexibility of the joints and enhance the scope of movement for patients. In the meantime, working out helps in enhancing the quality of the joints and allows better strength and support for the body. Along these lines, they help in diminishing both weight and strain on the joints.
- Weight control and healthy diet: Patients with arthritis will suffer more on account of weight gain. To keep away from an excess of weight and pressure on the joints as an after effects of weight gain, stay away from putting on weight. Eat healthier foods that comprise of more minerals and vitamins while giving less fat and calories to the body. Increasing vegetables and organic products in the eating regimen is great for arthritis pain. The leafy vegetables contain anti-oxidants. They also have anti-inflammatory effects on the joints and bones.
- Hot and cool treatment: Simple and basic hot and cold treatments can improve things greatly with regards to arthritis pain. Long, warm baths or showers particularly in the morning ease solidness and stiffness in your joints. Use an electric cover or warming cushion around evening time to keep your joints free and use moist warming cushions. Cool treatments are best to relieve arthritis pain. Wrap a gel ice pack or a sack of frozen vegetables in a towel and apply it to the painful joints for fast alleviation and relief from the pain and swelling.
- Inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods: Arthritis and joint pain can increase if patients continue using nourishments that have high inflammatory impacts. However, some might not have a thought of what the foods are or what they give to the body. One needs to abstain from eating fast and junk food and processed food products. Turmeric, the most basic Indian spice, has a chemical in it called curcumin that might have the capacity to diminish arthritis pain.
- Plan carefully: It is hard to tell when a flare-up may happen, making your joints turn out to be hard and swollen, or when you will try too hard while working out. Since you cannot anticipate these occasions, it is a smart thought to be prepared beforehand and get ready for issues before they emerge with medication and your emergency numbers in place.
I am confused I got a ankle sprain and 6-7 months have passes n still I have a swelling what should I do now please tell me.
My father having pain in right shoulder he have done MRI and the report is Mild thickening and altered signal involving the tendinous insertion of the supraspinatus muscle, represent tendinosis with a small focal partial thickness tear anteriorly ,at its articular surface, measuring about 3.0 mm in width. Mild edema/strain also seen at the myotendinous junction of the supraspinatus muscle, superiorly. Kindly give some suggestion what kind of treatment is require.
My name is Tuhin and I am 25 year's old. I am suffering from back pain I use different types of pain relief cream but no effect so what can I do now?
One of the most common complaints of men and women is that of a back ache with lower back aches being the most common. Apart from an improper posture, this may be caused by old age, lifting heavy weights or an injury to the back. A consistent back ache can affect your daily life and make performing regular tasks uncomfortable. Luckily, it can be managed quite well with simple ayurvedic remedies.
According to Ayurveda, backaches are triggered by an excess of Vata dosha. Thus, the Ayurvedic remedies for a back ache aim at reducing the Vata dosha. Ayurvedic remedies are natural and have negligible side effects.
For this reason, they can be prescribed to both children and adults. Some such remedies are:
- Cut down on spices: One of the main characteristics of the Vata dosha is dryness. This can be caused by pungent spices such as wasabi and green or red chillies. The internal dryness caused by these spices can lead to constipation which in turn can be one of the causes of low back aches. Hence, if you suffer from a chronic backache that may or may not be accompanied by constipation, cut back on the spices and try eating food that is slightly blander.
- Eat food before it gets cold: Eating cold food or cold drinks can also increase the Vata dosha levels in our body. Coldness creates congestion and constricts the internal organs while warm food allows the digestive and stool carrying channels to stay open. This allows for the easy expulsion of waste and reduces toxins in the body. Hence, opt for warm drinks like tea or coffee instead of soft drinks and juices and try to eat your food while it is hot.
- Padahastasana or the standing forward fold pose: This yoga asana is very effective when it comes to treating back pain as it allows the Vata dosha to flow easily through the body. In doing this it opens up the digestive channels that may have been causing constipation and back pain. It also relieves problems associated with sciatica. To practise this asana begin by standing upright with your feet beside each other. While inhaling, lift your arms over your head till they touch your ears. Bend forward from your hips while exhaling and try to keep the back and your legs straight. Touch the floor or wrap your hands around your calves. Bring your head as close to the knees as possible and hold for 5 – 10 seconds. Inhale and the slowly roll your body upright again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.