Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath Kumar KYour feedback matters!
Mere knees mai problem hai.I think weakness hai. Mai baithne ke baad uthate waqt sahare ke bina uthne me problem hoti hai. Mai daud nahi pata. Kya mujhe gym join krni chahiye running ke liye?
I have a problems in my knee. When I walk I sounds like a crack joints. Its not paining. But its sounds like bad. Pls help me out.
I am pankaj Kumar. I am 26 year old. I am facing back pain at both sides bottom. My height 5" 8 and weight 78. Pain continue all the day.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
5. Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is the best treatment option for a 75 year woman with trocanteric fracture of femur. She's a known cad patient. Not. Diabetic or hypertensive.
I am 60 and diabetic. I have a pain on the back at hip and my family physician opined that it is a neurological issue related to my diabetic condition and advised me to do exercises. Since last 1 month I go for regular brisk morning walk for about 45-50 minutes. But still there is not relief. Please advise.
Hello there! Mere daddy ko above 25 to 30 years se Knee mai pain ho raha hai. Bhot Dr. kre but koi fark nhi pdha. Aur ab jab bhi knee mai pain hota hai toh oh chal bhi nahi sakhte. So please koi solution bataoh.
I am suffering from back pain from last 2 days. Can you suggest what should I do to get relief from this problem?
I do work in IT company. I am just 23. I am getting back pain. How could I avoid this. Suggest me correct posture and exercise to get rid of this.
Hello Doctors, how are you all in here. I just have a doubt, suddenly for the past 2 weeks I have a burning sensation in my ankles and also a swollen feeling when I sit or stand for a long time. I do not see any swelling but I feel like its swollen and a little stiff. I am over weight of 145 KGS. I have started to go to the Gym the last 3 - 4 weeks and lost 7 Kgs but I am a little concerned. I suddenly feel the above feeling and suddenly I feel that the ankles are alright. The main ankle I feel the above mentioned feelings are the left leg the most. Is it anyway related to diabetes is something more serious?
I am 26 years old female. I have headache and backache for almost 4 5 years. I do not feel like doing anything. I have lost interest in doing anything.
My left hand not paining some time not hold up for a longer time. Could not able to take 5-10 k.g. Weight for few minutes.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Related Tip: "Non-Surgical Treatment For Sciatica"