Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Bathing the newborn baby is a pleasurable experience both for the mother and the baby. It can also be defined as a process through which the mother and child bond. A mother understands the requirements of the child and the baby adapts itself to the cleanliness regime of the mother.
When should I start bathing my new born baby?
According to guidelines of WHO, initial bath for a term newborn weighing more than 2.5kg should be given 6 hours after birth. In the term low birth weight babies weighing less than 2.5kgs, only sponge bath is to be given, till the weight crosses 2.5kg.
Dip baths can be given once the umbilical cord falls off i.e. by 7 -10 days. Till then sponge baths are to be given.
How should I bathe my baby?
The room should be warm and free from draught of air as a wet baby can easily catch the chill. Check the temperature of the bath water before placing the baby in the bath tub. The depth of the water should be 5 cms upto the hip of the baby. Eyes can be cleaned by using one sterile water-soaked cotton swab for each eye. The Head should be washed last and dried first to prevent exposure due to large surface area. Pay special attention to skin folds of the neck, behind the ears, underarms, and diaper area. Also wash between the fingers and the toes.
What cleanser/ soap should I use for my baby?
Do not use soap for the first 1 month of life. After that, use any mild unmedicated soap or liquid cleanser with acidic/ neutral pH, that maintains the pH of the baby's skin. Avoid scented soaps and bubble baths.
How frequently should I bathe my baby?
In summer months, daily baths can be given. In winters, dip bath may be given twice/thrice a week and rest of the days, it is preferable to sponge the baby.
Hair wash can be given twice a week.
A word of caution:
Never leave your baby unattended to in the bath tub.Bath tub should be disinfected after use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Hello sir, I am 23 years old (male. But I am looking like a 30 years man means a married man with children. Because my face and somewhat my body not slim. Everyone told this to me and laughing. What I have to do? To get fair face and make their laughing stop and stun. Please guide me. Thank you.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"
What if my boyfriend comes just a little in my vagina opening the hole not far from my bum then I get pregnant how long once he had cum with me and cum in me on 25th do I leave it before I test to see if pregnant as only be having sex on that day in that hole as hurts when have sex in that hole but got to so I can get pregnant.
Hello, we have consult with a gayenologist she proscribe to my wife to take fertyl 50 twice by the third day of mc and livogen per day and prescribe me fetyl 25 per day 1. We have continued it. Now by the 2 month we trying for baby but my wife didn't get pregnant. We intercourse after her mc by 9th day with gep of 2 days in between the 16th day of mc. We have also done the blood test, urin test, tool test ,USG, semen test everything has to normal. Now told me that how and what we have to be do to get pregnant?
The antioxidants in green tea help to burn fat. the fat accumulation leads to blockage of heart.
It also reduces bad cholesterol in the body.
Along with green tea do
Loose weight if your overweight
Cut down on Carbohydrates
Add fibre to the diet
Hi. During my periods I only bleed for 2 days its been from 9 months after my marriage. Before I use to have 3-4 days but now it is 2 days. Flow is not good as well as I only ise 3 sanitary napkin nd thats all. Kindly help.
I have multi eggs problem. The fibroid is also the problem. fibroid is outside of uterus. What should I do?
Sir/mami have noticed some bleeding from bottom while in toilet. Some drops of red blood comes along with stool. I don't know what it is, it happens some times and some times it doesn't happens for days. I thought it would heal automatically but it hasn't. It has been some months now. Please advice me what should I do and what has happened to me. I am a boy of 22 years age. Thank you.
A miscarriage, though heart wrenching, does not imply the end of the world. Unless the miscarriage is an outcome of a serious health complication, there is nothing to lose heart. In fact, many women have had successful pregnancies even after a miscarriage. Barring a few exceptions, a miscarriage during the first pregnancy reduces the chance of a miscarriage during subsequent pregnancies significantly. However, it is best to get your doubts and apprehensions cleared before you try to conceive again. An experienced gynaecologist can assist and guide you better throughout the process.
- A lot of couples wonder about the right time to conceive after a miscarriage. Do not rush into things. Miscarriage can drain out a couple physically, mentally and emotionally. Give your mind and body some time to cope with the loss. Your decision to embrace parenthood should not be influenced by any undue and baseless pressure. Patience and perseverance will make the subsequent pregnancies less stressful. To avoid complications in your next pregnancy, it is best to wait 6 months to 1 year after a miscarriage.
- Do not indulge in sexual intercourse immediately after a miscarriage. This might result in immense pain and vaginal infections. If you experience any discomfort, share it with your partner and the physician concerned. Getting pregnant immediately after a miscarriage will do both the mother and the foetus no good.
- In case of two or more miscarriages, getting to the underlying cause becomes very important. Medical conditions such as Diabetes, Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism), Obesity, Chromosomal aberrations or Infertility often interferes with pregnancy. With timely medical intervention, it is possible to have a healthy and safe pregnancy. To minimise the chances of a miscarriage, pregnant women are given Prenatal Vitamins (Folic Acid in particular).
- A pregnant lady should eat healthy and live healthy. The goodness of fruits and vegetables need no special mention. Regular consumption of fresh vegetables and fruits can do the mother and the developing foetus, a world of good. A healthy diet can lower the instances of a miscarriage greatly.
- Stress and anxiety are a big NO during pregnancy. Relax and try to be happy as much as possible. Go for small walks, read books, listen to music. Proper and sound sleep is extremely important. One can also indulge in light exercise. However, to be on a safer side, exercise under an expert supervision. If you have been to drinking and smoking, quit the unhealthy habits at the earliest.
A miscarriage should not push you into a state of depression. You can still have a normal pregnancy. Know your body well. Take the decision wisely only after a proper consultation with your physician.