Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
My face is getting pimples again and again and it feels weird. And there are dark patches on my body in public parts, knee,elbow and below knees my skin looks darker. Can you please suggest me a quick and natural remedy for retaining and enhancing my skin tone?
Suffering from dark circles under your eyes? Here are effective therapies that can do wonders!
Are dark circles under the eyes caused due to stress, or is the stress about dark circles worrying you and making them further darker?! On a serious note though, there are definite cosmetic therapies that can help you get rid of the dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can be caused by issues ranging from thin skin in the lower eyelids to poor circulation to pigment variations, and therefore the reason should be identified properly so that the treatment can be done accordingly.
For some people, poor blood flow to the eyes can be the reason for dark circles too.
- These people would benefit from using double pillows so that blood does not build up under the eyes. In the morning, a cold compress (a towel soaked in cold water) can be applied to narrow the blood vessels and reduce flow.
- Alternately, eye creams with caffeine can be used to narrow the blood vessels.
- Creams with Arnica which have anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial in reducing the under-eye darkness.
- Creams with green tea or grape seed oil improve capillary wall thickness and thereby promote smoother flow of blood.
- Diet can be modified to include flavonol-rich chocolates and omega 3 fatty acid rich foods like walnuts and salmons.
A good under-eye moisturizing cream with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, vitamin K can be used. These help in constricting veins and capillaries and also improve skin hydration. A yellow or gold-based concealer that reflects light should be used followed by translucent face powder. There are also minor surgical procedures offered to reduce the effect of dark circles. Read on to know more.
- Laser and/or skin resurfacing: Laser can be used to trigger the superficial layers to produce more collagen and improve overall skin quality.
- Use of dermal fillers: Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the skin under the eye bags. Where the skin is very thin, this will make the dark circles less visible, and the effect can last up to 2 years.
- Grafting fat particles: The fat can be grafted from another part of the body and injected under the eyelid. This again would reduce the effect of dark circles.
- Cheek lift: If you are having dark circles in addition to eye puffiness and deep nasolabial folds, a cheek lift is a good option. This will produce a more permanent solution to your dark circles.
- Blepharoplasty: The next invasive method is the eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty. The skin of the upper and lower eyelids and the skin around the eye are treated to reduce the effect of dark circles in this procedure.
While dark circles are definitely an issue, there are ways to manage this effectively. A word of caution though, all these can be undertaken only after you engage in a detailed discussion with your dermatologist.
I have white patches on skin is it due to virus or something else. Sometimes its itching. Please tell me.
Hlo doctor. Some little pimples and black spots on my face so I am daily honey, banana, papaya, lemon juice etc. Apply on my face so please tell me doctor it is any harmful on my face or keep continue it.
hi I'm 28 years old Girl i want to Fair my skin i have recently used Louis product but its working very slowly so i want Some quickly Fairness Product or medication..
I have scars on my hands which I have done by burning it with cigarette, blade scratches. I want to get rid of them. Is it possible? If yes how much it's gonna cost?
Recently I have noticed a tiny grain like formation on my right testicle, it can b felt under skin of the scrotum. and is fixed on the right testicle, but is not visible to eyes. I am terrified, please help.
Hello doctor My face skin not smooth there are roughness in my face skin please help to smooth my skin and get fairer skin.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"