Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, I have been suffering from anal fissure for about 2 months. Can anyone suggest me some medicine so that it get cured quickly. There is no bleeding from the fissure. But still it was not cured. Kindly suggest me a solution.
Sir, mam I am overweight men and able to loose my weight and because of this I am facing lots of problem in my daily life. For exam-gas, back pain, acidity ,laziness every time. I am over weight from when I was in 2nd standard .please help me out of this as I loose my weight 2 times but when I stopped regular exercise again I will be the same as before. So pls suggest my regarding this I really need I good advice and suggestion to make me fit. Thank you Regard Ankit Ambawat.
I have gas problem since two weeks, appetite is normal but stool makes foul smell and not clear. I have done liver function test which is normal. Amylase range is 81, lipase is 198. Is it normal? What should I do? I do not take junk food, alcohol, or deep fried food. Have BP take nubita5 tab and thyrox tab daily. Have done complete blood count which is normal.
After had food (break fast and lunch and dinner) I feel like hungry and gas transform to stomach to throat please inform what problem.
Hello doctor, I got the CT scan report for KUB in that one line says Evidence of diffuse hypodensity of liver parenchyma noted suggestive of fatty degeneration. What does it mean.
I am 33 year old . I am suffering from GERD acid reflux problem. I could not sleep for last 2 night Please suggest me some medicines.
My mother's age is 40. She was recently facing a problem of increasing her stomach. By seeing reports doctors said that liver size had increased slightly and fat covers over the liver. Can you suggest any suggestions and daily routine plan to make her healthy.
What is the treatment for CA gallbladder papillary variant and arthritic nodules in chest. Please suggest how to proceed and give an opinion as the patient is 80 year old lady very weak suffering from. Waring for your reply. Regds Ramesh.
Can a person consume alcohol if he/she has a fatty liver grade 2? The fatty liver is NAFL (diagnosed through US) but the consumption of alcohol (beer) was moderate before getting diagnosed with fatty liver. Left alcohol completely for last 5 years but the fatty liver has increased from grade 1 to 2. Could this be due to some other reason will small quantity of alcohol consumption (specially Beer) would interfere in the healing process? How much quantity could be taken if it is ok to drink.
I have some digestion problems from very early on my life, so please give me any suggestion for better digestion.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.
Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?
I got an insect bite (acid fly) on my face in kerala, 2 months ago. Still the scar is visible. What shall I do to vanish the scar, as it looks very ugly on my cheek.
I have gas problem in my stomach. And this gas also attack in my testicle. Sometimes when sexual feelings are come after that my stomach and testicle are paining and with lots of gas. Please suggest me what to do. I am very thankful. If someone suggest me better precautions.
The liver is a vital organ within the body, which functions as a filter for the blood that comes from the digestive system. One of the conditions that afflict this organ is fatty liver, which occurs due to the accumulation of triglycerides within it. There could be multiple reasons behind this, such as alcoholism, obesity, pregnancy, hepatitis among many others. Homeopathy has some great treatments for fatty liver disease, depending on the cause.
1. Nux vomica: One of the major reason of developing a fatty liver is alcoholism. While drinking moderate amounts of alcohol isn't harmful, the tendency to drink very regularly will lead to fatty liver disease. In such cases you may feel pain in the abdomen, especially a few hours after eating. You may also suffer from constipation with cravings for fatty and spicy food. Nux Vomica is thus prescribed in these conditions.
2. Phosphorus: Fatty liver has many symptoms, which may manifest differently in different people. Many people complain about indigestion and sour belching. Your liver area may be painful and you may also vomit. You may constantly crave for foods such as ice-creams, juices and cold drinks. In such cases you may feel weak after passing stool. Phosphorus is a great remedy in such cases.
3. Chelidonium: This is one of the best overall remedies for fatty liver. Some of the symptoms where Chelidonium may work are as follows:
- Pain in upper right abdomen
- Enlargement of liver
- Jaundice along with fatty liver
- Feeling excessively weak
- Craving for hot drinks and hot foods
4. Calcarea carb: If you are obese or fairly overweight and suffer from fatty liver, calcarea carbonica can be very effective in treating the symptoms. Some of the symptoms exhibited by the patients where this medication is effective would be a yearning for eggs, profuse sweating and sensitivity to air if it's cold.
5. Lycopodium: This medication is very effective in treating fatty liver disease, especially if you suffer from gastric issues and acidity. You may have symptoms like, bloating of the stomach, burning of the esophagus when belching or burping and pain in the upper right abdomen. You may also exhibit cravings for hot drinks and sweets. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.