Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjunath
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam, I have sinusitis problem. Polyps in my left nostril since last 2.5 years i.e 2015. Treatments: (1) Allopathy for 2 year (2) Homeopathy for 2-3 months (3) Ayurveda patanjali for 6 months+was doing jal neti+sutraneti but it was causing more irritation (4) At present Ayurveda but different doctor. Please recommend is there any chance of reducing polyps or should I go for only preventing infection. Plus which way should I go. Kindly reply asap.
In my throat too much pain is there as in case of sore throat. I'm unable to speak and even problem having swallowing anything. Please help me it's too painful.
Hello sir. Almost last 14 years I have been sufferings common cold problem. But mucus don't exit by nose. And it's always touch in throat all season anytime. But sometimes when common cold becoming over and that time cough exit only by the nose and stop touching at throat. Moreover.my left nose sometimes fell blocked specially in summer season. please sir give me little advise. Thanking Hareswar Das Guwahati.
I am having scalp infection for more then 3 years. I took it lightly. Then consulted doctor. No results were seen. I left taking remedies but now a days it it is increasing near ears. I red everything about it. Its called scalp psoriasis. So much dandruff get shed on my clothes. I m sure it is psoriasis kind. Same symptoms itchy scalp and getting red itchy burn type on cheeks. What to do.
I having pain nd puss coming from my ear and some time blood patches on cotton nd there is hole in my eardrum. I am using otocin o prescribed by doctor .Can eardrum will repair without operation if it is please suggest me.
Actually I smoked 2or 3 cigarettes in a day. From the last two days I am suffering from throat pain chest pain I want to know what happen to me and solution.
My Son is Seven Months Old, His Nose is Block and What to do in a fever (high temperature) in children?
My father is 54. He is having irritating roaring noise in ears. Due to this, having severe hearing problems. He tells that he is having a bud like thing in the ear canal and when he presses this with a q-tip, this sound stops. What can be the cause? He was working in a noisy environment for about seven years.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!