Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from smelling sensation loss due to some previous sinus infection and would like to restore the loss of smelling sensation and I need suitable suggestion.
Im having bad throat. I booze and smoke alot. Since morning it is very difficult to gulp anything. Is it just a bad throat or something serious. And its in the right side of the throat.
Been having viral fever since four days. No cold. No vomiting. Local doctor took blood test and report was normal. Fever is there no more but pain in throat starting to develop. Pains when I swallow. Please advice.
I have a throat problem from last 15 days and also my Lymph nodes gets swollen behind my ear and on the neck. Please Doctor tell me the solution for it.
I am 63 years old. I am suffering from tinnitus and sometimes vertigo for the last 20 years. Is there any remedy for the same. I am taking home medicine for the last 1 year and there is some relief.
I am 46 old female living in kerala. I have problem related with sinus. I usually have sticky throat which cause me to vomit sticky saliva especially in the morning and other times too. What medicine should I take ?
I am having a sore throat now and facing the same issue every year at least 4 to 5 time. This is happening since last 10 years. Please provide any suggestions or treatment.
I have sore throat from last 2 weeks. I have tried various treatments, but no use. What should I do?
I have burning throat full time and also heart burn ,upper abdominal pain not able to lay down flatly .sometimes may suffer from black stool. Taken endoscopy, colonoscopy and ultra sound .Doctor prescribed me paproz and antacid .Every day abdominal pain and throat burning.
I am getting continuous dry cough during night time. Irritation in throat. What will be the best medicine which will give relax from cough.
I am suffering from facial paralysis since last eight years is there now possible chance of recovery from here and is due to my ear operation.
Sir she is 16 years old she is cold allergic as soon climate become cold she gets throat infection and both sides of her face on cheeks gets swelling, we consulted many doctors but temporary relief. She takes ACFIX tablet. I want permanent relief, thank you.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.