Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManjunathYour feedback matters!
He is around 38 years old. He has quite a big swell in one of the testes for around 2 years. But there is no pain. Please suggest.
My wife hb has fallen down to 8.5 what kind of diet is recommended for her before it she was having burning sensation in urinary tract and a mild fever in the night.
Hello my self ravi chouhan and I 23 years old and have problem of hair fall from last 2 months, every day a lots of hair fall when I bath and small small gap comes in my head and my hair getting thin so please me how to can I stop my hair fall?
How do I know my hormonal changes or body growth has been correct or not since 6 years my height weight and body structure have been the same I'm 23 now.
I have delay periods and also less amount of bleeding during periods without pain if some drops of bleeding evening then next is happen on next day afternoon what is reason for this? I had more pain during periods but this is first time. What are the solution to correct my period s?
Iam suffering from backpain at bedtime only, unable to sleep at bedtime, please give mi your valuable suggestions.
My aged is 30, not married. Last some years, I am having leg pain. Because of that leg pain I can not able to sleep for the past four years. Even I can not sleep with my friends or with family member, they will make fun at me, because I will punch my calf myself and pushing my leg for pain relief without my knowledge while sleeping. And I can not able to sit for more than 15 minutes, can not able to drive car for more than a hour. Checked with many doctors and took many medicines, but no use. Please suggest me some treatment or some other.
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that begins suddenly.
Gouty arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Gout can cause symptoms and signs such as
Nodules under the skin called tophi,
- Joint redness,
- Swollen joints,
- Joint pain,
- The warmth of the joint.
The most reliable method to diagnose gout is to have fluid removed from an inflamed joint and examined under a microscope for uric acid crystals.
The primary dietary goal for gout is to limit your intake of foods with high amounts of purine in them. Ideally, you will have little or no foods that are high in purine and only small amounts of those with moderate amounts of purine.
Foods considered high in purine content include:
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, mackerel, scallops, herring, mussels, codfish, trout, and haddock
- Some meats such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison, liver, beef kidney, brain, and sweetbreads
- Alcoholic beverages
Foods considered moderate in purine content include:
- Meats such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, and lamb
- Crab, lobster, oysters, and shrimp
- Vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, green peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower
- Kidney beans, lentils, and lima beans
Your other goals will be to:
- Lose weight if you are overweight: make sure that you do this slowly because fast weight loss will actually increase the uric acid levels in your blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids: this can help with removing uric acid from your blood. Be sure to limit fluids with caffeine and/or calories; water and seltzer are the best choices.
- Increase your low-fat dairy intake: there has been some research that has shown that those who drink low-fat milk or consume low-fat yogurt have lower uric acid levels than those who do not.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake up: you may get a reduction in your uric acid levels by having fruit, such as cherries, and vegetables (those that are not sources of purine), as part of your diet.
- Chronic gout is treated using medications that lower the uric acid level in the body.
- Left untreated, gout can cause irreversible joint damage, kidney problems, and tophi.
- Triggers for gout attacks include surgery, dehydration, beverages sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, beer, liquor, red meat, and seafood.
- Cherries may help prevent gout attacks.
I get too much hiccups after my lunch even after taking more water and liquid it does not stop till some 20 to 30 minutes. Shud I take medicine. What's wrong.
I have holes maybe loose or open pores from previous acne how should I tighten the pores or remove those big holes.
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.