Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula ShivshankarYour feedback matters!
Is it possible for women to get her period after getting pregnant? How many period they miss there period in pregnancy?
Hello Dr. I had sex with my partner right a day after last day of period on 26 Nov 2016, and gave unwanted 72 within 18 hrs, but her period is not arrived so far ,and did urine pregnancy test on 1 Jan 2017 shows negative result, again did on 2 Jan again shows negative ,test has done with early morning urine sample, I am very scared, is there chances of pregnancy, why period is not arriving, wht to do. No sign n symptoms has ever seen ,no implantation bleeding has seen. please suggest me wht to do.
Hello doctor, my wife was 7 months 14 days pregnant, now she has white discharge problem. Can you please tell me what's the problem. Please, why white is discharging in pregnancy time.
Emphysema is a breathing disorder that has no cure and worsens with time. The symptoms of emphysema - a feeling of tightness in the chest, persistent cough, wheezing and breathlessness – are caused due to destroyed or impaired functioning of lung tissue.
A thorough physical examination which would include weight and blood pressure checks would be performed. The doctor would also listen to the heartbeat to determine if it sounds strange or different.
In addition to checking for the signs and symptoms of emphysema, a physical examination would also help the doctor in determining the following:
- Whether the fingertips are rounded. This condition is also known as “clubbing”.
- Whether you have a rounded or “barrel chest” which is caused by lungs that are larger than normal.
- If the lips have a blue tinge also known as cyanosis, which is a sign of low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- Signs of malnutrition as in advanced cases of emphysema the muscles slowly waste away.
Tests For Emphysema
A doctor would recommend additional tests to confirm his diagnosis of this lung condition. Some of the tests are:
- Pulmonary Function Tests or PFTs and spirometry tests would be advised to measure the volume and capacity of the lungs.
- A chest X-ray is useful to diagnose advanced emphysema as the lungs appear larger than normal in patients with this condition.
- A CT scan of the chest will show the air sacs or alveoli have been destroyed.
- The blood test report of patients with emphysema would show a high amount of red blood cells. The production of red blood cells in the body increases due to the reduced levels of oxygen.
- A pulse oximetry test also known as an oxygen saturation test could be done to measure the amount of oxygen in the blood. A monitor would be attached to the patient’s forehead, finger or earlobe to carry out this test.
- An arterial blood gas test is usually performed on patients as their condition worsens. It measures the amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
- An electrocardiogram or ECG might be advised to rule out condition such as heart disease as a cause of shortness of breath.
Management and Treatment
There is no known cure for emphysema and the condition can worsen with time. Treatment will slow the speed of decline and will depend on the severity of the condition when diagnosed. Some treatment options are:
- Quit smoking to protect your lungs.
- Bronchodilator medications used to treat asthma are useful in relaxing the muscles around the airways.
- Anti-inflammatory medications reduce inflammation around the airways.
- Oxygen therapy is recommended to patients when they are not able to breathe enough oxygen from the air.
- In some severe cases, lung volume reduction surgery might be advised to relieve pressure on the muscles required for breathing and to improve the elasticity of the lungs.
Keeping your home clean and free of dust and pollutants will help to prevent respiratory infections and disorders such as emphysema. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Its been almost 2 year of my marriage but still I am not pregnant. So where I need to contact? I mean what kind of doctor?
I have thyroid since 3 years and I'm advised on 50 mg of thyronorm, is this dose enough as I am in third month of pregnancy.
I had my periods on 1st Aug and it lasted for 3 days. I had unprotected sex on 8th August and took unwanted 72 within 24 hrs. My period again started on 12th August and lasted for 2 days (12-13th Aug). I had unprotected sex again on 14th August. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help.
Sir after 3 months I met with my girl friend and we had unprotected sex with my girl friend 4 days before and now she is not feeling well. Actually she had fever and cough already and now sometime white liquid occurs when she go for pee and her breast are feeling painful sir what should be done. I am afraid sir please tell me what had happen to her and is she is pregnant or not if she is pregnant what should be done to avoid pregnancy. HER PERIOD DATE OF LAST MONTH 18 TH AUG.
I am 28 yes I have plain my nipples some time I feel very unconscious at night I remove bra them my night wear toughted my night at that I have plain.Please tell.
Pleasuring yourself is not wrong and is infact a normal part of human nature, however, society often frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject.
Let's take a look at a few of them:
- Masturbation causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD, sexually transmitted disease, or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure. It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- Masturbation causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them. Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring.