Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjula Shivashankar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula ShivashankarYour feedback matters!
Hello mam I am 30 years old, and marriage ko 2 years ho gae hai. Ab hum baby plan krna chahte hai, last month 14 June ko periods aye the, mujhe kuch dino se legs pain ho rha tha, 3 day pahle pregnancy test kiya tha, but negative aya, but ab 2- 3 din se nabhi k niche pain ho rha gai and morning me loose motion bhi. Aisa kyu ho rha hai, kya mai dubara pregnancy check jr sakti hu. And please tell me k pregnancy k liye week me kitni var sex kr sakte hai, jis se mai jaldi pregnant ho jau.
Now i'm enjoying sex life from last 1 year with my girlfriend. Now my girlfriend's vagina little bit loose compare to beginning. My girlfriend asking me how to tight vagina at home with home remedies please suggest me what should I do?
I had my delivery on 02.12.2016. But my periods stops since then and four & a half months has been passed. I want to know is it normal after delivery or something problematic situation?
I'm a 19 year old male. Me and my girlfriend are sexually active. Recently we had some rough sex. I could see some abrasions on my penis. I'm an uncircumcised man. We layed off sex for a while. During that time my wound got healed completely. When we had sex after this. I had similar cut again on my penis just above the previous one. I want to know whats the cause and why is it recurrent. I'm scared.
Hi, Endometrium thickened 17 mm is it possible to get pregnancy? Please confirm any other remedy to reduce the size also what is the reason and causes for this abnormal endometrium thickened size? Please reply.
On previous month I mean September I got periods on 23rd and now today is 30th of October I still did not got my periods. I am really very very very tensed. please help m out with a perfect solution.
Sir my gf periods started on 8th of this month and we are interested in physically contact, if I do sex after 20th of this month will cause to any pregnancy. I want safe days according to my gf period to avoid getting pregnant please tell me sir what r the safe days based on 8th date.
6 handy tips to manage repeated vaginal infections
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infection. that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene: The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products: Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing: Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex: Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex: Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups: The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.