Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula RauYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I have been suffering from ocd hiv phobia since one year and its has been my worst days of life and my latest concern is that one week ago I jus cut my index finger very little cut about 4mm and jus little amont of blood came out and about 5 min I gave money to my plumber from that finger cut and after that I thought maybe his he has cuts in his hand and his cut touch my cut is that is risk for hiv concern should I need test Please help.
Sir I am facing lot of stress, memory loss, tension, less confidence. please tell me how to over common these problems.
Hello I am 23 year male I feel so much weakness and I do not have enough stamina to do anything and my body pains what should I do.
Hi I am 19 years and my parents forced and marry to my mom's own sister she is divorced and elder than me she is 34 years old and she has 4 children she gave divorced to her husband 4 months and marry me on our wedding night any how I know that I have to do sex with her she is my wife so my mom gave me a black cover inside it was condom so I got more excited and went into room she was already in room so when I went she was sleeping so I went to washroom then I take off my clothes and then I wake up her she got anger and said me what? So I said today is our wedding night she said I do not want children so I said we will do protected sex she dint listen so I forcedly I kissed her press her boobs she said me you will like this with your aunty so I said you are my wife she dint allow me to do sex with her she sleep and I also sleep like that only on next day morning I returned that black cover to my mom she shocked why what happened and she laughed without this you had so she came I said we dint do anything mom said why I said she is not allowing so mom said to my wife (aunty) that why dint you had she said I do not want children so I said in front of my mother I will do protected sex she said no so I said to my mom and to her first no one will marry 4 children mother so my mom said shut up to me and said today night you had so I said ok and then in night we went into room and I kiss her on lips she said do not kiss so I said why she said nothing so I think she do not like it and start pressing her boobs and put hand into her bra and started pressing she slapped me and said I am your aunty not your call girl to do like this so I said nothing so I said we will main thing she said ok closed light so I said why closed light she said again I am not your call girl closed light she lie down on bed and takeout her legging and she was wearing pamper she said me to help me in taking out her pamper so I said why did you wear pamper she said do not interfere my things she is not taking out her top just she take out her legging I dint even see her boobs and so I inserted my penis without condom she is not allowing me enter my penis completely and she is shouting loudly and I dint listen to her and start fucking her roughly and I left my sperm into her vagina I asked one more time she said no and sleep without wearing legging and then in morning when we both get up I asked for sex she no and she said I will get pregnant soon and went out so my was laughing and saying yesterday night mast bang bang so I said no only one time my parents spoiled my life what to do now should give divorce to her please say.
I am 35 year old and alcoHolic person. My weight is 90 kg. I wanna stop alcohol. Any medicine for that.
I am 25 year old. I feel I am in depression. I am taking tablet of zossert 50mg. Please help me to come from it.
Yesterday was my 2st day of gym, and my whole body is hurts. Pain is all-over my body but mostly my arms are sore. So should I continue going tomorrow or after taking break of 1 or 2 days.
I'm in depression from last 10 days n not able to concentrate in work n not happy to do anything. Please help me.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex:
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings: Many a times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
Is my lover needed medical treatment for work addiction of 20 years for my friend who is 25 years just now?
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech. Delayed speech is sometimes caused from hearing defect also. A deaf child is always dumb. Before we jump into conclusion of delayed speech, hearing assessment is mandatory.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.