Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula PavidharYour feedback matters!
My age 46 I have very high toothache .sometimes one of my teeth becomes loss and after it become tight doctor said there is an infection for the last teeth I may spread to the other ones. There is any way to decrease infection? Or noway .I don't want remove my teeth old help me to solve my problem.
I brush my teeth daily 2 times than why is my teeth yellow I don't like it I used first teeth whitening paste two or more but no results I don't like it help me plz.
I am suffering from ulcers in my mouth day by day. I tried many vitamin tablets and remedies the physician recommended for me, but still there is no change. Due to this I am not able to eat food also. What should I do to get rid of these?
When a person root canal is going on cant we stop the pain, cant we stop those chemical changes that are emitted from non receptors so that we cant feel the pain completely.
I suffered from bad breathe for past one. I don know why? Bt am brushing ma teeth regularly. So how can I solve this bad breathe prob.
My teeth has very spots and scary I want any cleaning items to clean my teeth whitening please help me.
Hello doctor, my mom is suffering from mouth ulcers since long. Doctor prescribed her medications (cap cobadex z and orasep gel). Ulcers got cured with this medications but again she started facing the same problem. It seems this doesn't work. Also today morning she checked her throat and it seems red inside. She told me earlier when spitting in the morning while doing teeth brush, blood appears in spit. Please let me know if that's just a mouth ulcer/throat infection/tonsil problem and any thing critical. Lookinf forward for your quick response as her pain is troubling her and i'm getting more worried. Many thanks. With regards, meena.
I have recurrent ulcers in my mouth. The dentist prescribed topical analgesic and chlorhexidine gel. But they keep recurring. Is there any complete treatment?
I am 22 yr old male, I have a new tooth under the tooth at right upper end, so the tooth slowly getting bend, it damages walls of my mouth, I'm not able to eat anything, what should I do?
What is the treatment if the tooth (right lower molar) is diagnosed as infected (by x ray). Is extraction only the option?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.