Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
It is not clear how exactly stress impacts fertility. It is not known whether high levels of stress can prevent pregnancy or affect a woman's chance of conceiving. We do know that reducing stress provides a better quality of life during times of intense personal challenge.
What is stress?
Stress is often defined as an event that a person sees/ feels is threatening. In order to protect itself, the body responds with a fight or flight response. How can stress impact a fertility patient? sometimes, infertility patients respond to the stress of being unable to conceive by aggressively pursuing treatment and procedures. Other patients withdraw and isolate from family, friends, and community. Neither of these extremes is ideal for patients who seek to treat their infertility and build a family.
How can I reduce my stress?
Having less stress in your life while pursuing fertility treatment may not, in and of itself, result in a pregnancy. However, developing better coping strategies to manage stress related to an infertility diagnosis and treatment can help you feel more in control and improve your overall well-being.
It has been shown that stress does interfere with making rational and well-thought-out decisions. Reducing stress can allow patients to research, explore, and consider all the options available with a clearer mindset. By reducing stress, the pros and cons of one treatment course over another can be more effectively weighed and considered.
Reduced stress is good for your health. While no one expects patients to approach fertility treatment stress free, finding ways to minimize stress while pursuing treatment can help. It is helpful for patients to look for ways to reduce the burden of infertility treatments and medical protocols.
There are many stress-reducing techniques; some of the more popular methods recommended to fertility patients are:
aerobic exercise (may be reduced during treatment)
collaboration with experts in stress reduction
listening to music
progressive muscle relaxation
psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy
How can I help my friend/loved one?
Friends and loved ones are facing a challenge. Telling patients to be less stressed can make them feel more responsible for causing their own infertility and feel blamed. Telling someone to relax can cause greater stress. However, asking how couples/friends are doing and suggesting concrete and pragmatic ways to reduce stress will enhance quality of life and give the patient back some sense of control. For many struggling with infertility, just having friends/loved ones available for listening is greatly appreciated.
The goal of stress reduction is to minimize, not eliminate stress, by finding the technique that serves the patient's needs the best.
I got intimate with my girlfriend without any protection 3days before her period. Is there any chances to be pregnant? Please inform me quick.
Hello doctor. I want to know that can sperms go through clothing? me and my bf were humping. We never ever had sex. He took his penis out of his jeans. But I was wearing a leggings which was thin and panty too. He ejaculate on my upper thigh. Ejaculate a lot. I felt wetness on my upper thigh. Can sperm swim through that two layers of clothing and make me pregnant? I am a virgin too. After that I had my 2periods. But I heard that a girl can have their period during pregnancy. That's why I am so scared. I took 3pregnancy test. Two from them were taken in evening so they maybe incorrect so I took last test after one month of that icnedent with morning urine. But I am still confused because pregnancy test may be expired. I don't know. I didn't check. I was having vaginal discharge. So I took homeopathy medicine for an week after consulting a doctor. Then the vaginal discharge decreased. I am having frequent urination sometimes. I am very very much scared. Please help me. Am I pregnant? can anyone be pregnant that way? sometimes I am having headache also. The incident happened on 9th may. From that day I faced a lot of problem. The tension are killing me. Please help.
Doctor I wil take folvite as you suggested. Can you please give me details as why I sweat a lot and how can folvite help control me. Also I had pregnancy thyroid and few months back I had done test and there was no thyroid. Should I do tsh test again? or I can start folvite?
I have heavy bleeding during periods. Dr has prescribed me sylate 500 during periods. What would be the impact if i take it every mth? Any other solution to my problem?
Excessive release or flow of blood during the menstrual cycle or periods is referred to as menorrhagia. It is an abnormally long-lasting and heavy menstrual period at regular intervals. It usually occurs in premenopausal women, affecting their overall health, decreasing the quality of life, weakness and many interruptions in their lifestyle.
As a treatment for menorrhagia, homeopathy has shown proven results. The medicines maintain the emotional, mental, physiological and immune reactions of the person to guarantee long lasting and permanent help. The medicines will necessarily have to be prescribed by a doctor.
A few women have almost no issue with their menstrual cycles, however, others suffer every month. A variety of distressing side effects may occur with premenstrual women. These include irritation, mood swings, headaches, bloating, excessive urination, and soreness of the breasts. Periods can be irregular and disturbed, with cramping, heavy flow, anxiety and discomfort. Here are a few homeopathic treatments for this problem:
- Belladonna: It is one of the haemorrhagic cures. The flow is mostly dark red and hot and once in a while it comes as decayed blood. The related side effect is pain in the back. It is a decent solution for the initial phases of swelling. The blood is constantly overflowing.
- Crocus sativus: This cure is generally used by a large number of homeopathic doctors. It is one of the most effective cures in stopping excessive bleeding during the periods. The bleeding is extremely thick at times. The blood flow consists of threads or strings and is usually very dark.
- Erigeron: During the menstrual cycle, since the bleeding is dark and profuse, an important side effect, which is very common, is burning urine and irritation in the rectum. This is one of the symptoms that is particularly cured by this medicine.
- Ferrum met: Ferrum met is one of the cures that prevents haemorrhaging. Women who are having long and heavy periods that tend to come early are better off with this cure. The people who are weak and pale are the appropriate individuals for this cure.
- Cyclamen: It generally plays a very important part in female reproductive organs and helps in curing numerous infections that happen in the female reproductive system. During periods, the women have extreme pain that feels like they are in labour and the blood flow is thickened. After periods, they have swelling and tenderness in their breasts and sometimes also experience a milky secretion as well.
- Crotalus horridus: Delayed periods and the blood is usually a diluted, thin and light liquid. This kind of blood flow can also cause infections. This homeopathic medicine tends to treat the same and maintain a normal flow and colour of the blood. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
What are the reasons for immense increase in prolactin serum in a women's body. And how to cure it? My wife has this problem her level of prolactin is 42.1 is this cause any damage in future.
One of the most important decisions a couple takes is to start a family. It fills them with hope and joy of new future, but if the attempts have been unsuccessful for more than six months, it can take a toll on the relationship and the mental health of the couple. This is the time to seek fertility specialist who will be appropriate to analyze the situation and provide proper guidance. Read on to find out the exact indications to see a fertility specialist:
1. If a woman who is under the age of 35 is unable to get pregnant even after a year of having regular unprotected sex
2. A woman who has had more than three miscarriages
3. Someone who has suffered from blocked fallopian tubes and is in need of surgery
4. One who experiences irregular ovulation
5. A couple who has suffered from genital infections
6. A pregnant woman who has consumed an estrogen derivative
7. A man who has been diagnosed with low semen count, also known as poor motility
8. A couple who has not been diagnosed with any irregularity but is infertile
Which specialist should you visit?
If you or your partner or both have shown signs of infertility, then visiting the following specialists can be helpful:
- Specialists for men - Urologists and Andrologists are specialists who treat men for infertility. Urologists conduct an analysis of semen quality, semen count, hormone levels, reproductive organs and abnormalities in bladder and kidneys. Andrologists are medical professionals who specialize in hormonal conditions and physiology of male infertility.
- Specialists for women - Hormonal imbalance is one of the potent obstacles to pregnancy. If a general obstetrician/gynecologist has not been able to successfully treat a woman then she can visit a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders. Depending upon the nature of the problem, she can also visit a reproductive surgeon who deals with uterine abnormalities, endometriosis, and reproductive organ surgery.
My last period was on Dec 27th. I had protected sex on Jan 3rd. Till today I am not getting my periods. I used to have the problem of delayed periods few years back. Doctor suggested regestrone tablet at that time. Please suggest wat should I do to get my periods back. Is it possible to become pregnant even after using condom?
I am suffering from ovary size. One of my ovary size is not normal. Its should be a walnut shape but its an oval shape. And m also suffering from missed periods. Is my periods irregular bcoz of that ovary size or something else? If yes. Then what is the treatment to overcome missed periods problem. please suggest me.
Doctor has advised me to take ovigyn injection once a week and progesterone sustain release tablet 300mg per day. Is OK and how for should I take this?
Hi. This is my first pregnancy and first month of pregnancy. I had my bp checked up and it came out to be 137/ 106. Is it high? If yes pls suggest me natural ways to control it in this condition. Thanks.
Date is one of the most nourishing fruits. It is a food of great importance. Date is a food of high nutritional value. It provides natural sugar in the form of glucose and fructose.This is ready for immediate absorption and is therefore infinitely superior to cane - sugar.It is usually taken raw or with milk, which makes it highly nutritious in most aspects
Dates are easily digested, they are very useful for supplying energy and repairing waste. The nicotinic content in dates is an excellent remedy for intestinal disturbance.
Date is a laxative and is highly beneficial in the treatment of constipation as the roughage provided by it stimulates sluggish bowels.
Dates are an effective remedy for weak heart. Dated soaked overnight in water and crushed in the same water in the morning after removing the seeds should be taken at least twice a week in this condition. It will strengthen the heart.