Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
I am 5 month pregnant. Yesterday we had sex it will not harm my baby. And from which month should we stop sex.
Meri sister ko humsa 21 days h , 24 days m periods aa jate h. Bt 2 months se ushe month ke ek din phle ye same day p aate hai. So is that a problm. Does mastubation effect on periods too.
I am 28 year old my period date is 29 Apr 29 May 8 July & 18 Aug. What is the write time of my evaluation & which date I use fertomid 50. I want to get pregnant faster. Please advise.
I have period 25-3-16 and had unprotected sex on 20-4-16 is it unsafe? I don't want to get pregnant please tell me solution.
Hi I have a problem of loose vagina I Will get married after 2 months I am very worried about it there is any solution for that situation. If there is any medicine available for that please guide me.
Natural home remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia can become a real nightmare as the clock ticks on into the night and you ’re awake to notice. Try these natural approaches to help you get some rest
Before- bed bites
• Have a slice of turkey or chicken , or a banana before heading to bed . These foods contain tryptophan , an amino acid that ’s used to make serotonin . And serotonin is a brain chemical that helps you sleep .
• Carbohydrates help trytophan enter the brain. Try a glass of warm milk (milk contains tryptophan ) and a cookie , or warm milk with a spoonful of honey .
• Avoid big meals late in the evening. You need three to four hours to digest a big meal.
• Spicy or sugary food, even at suppertime , is usually a bad idea. Spices can irritate your stomach , and when it tosses and turns, so will you . Having a lot of sugary food—especially chocolate, which contains caffeine— can make you feel jumpy .
Call on herbs for help
• Valerian helps people fall asleep faster without the “ hangover ” affect of some sleeping pills. It binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to . Take two capsules of valerian root an hour before bed .
• Take 4 , 000 to 8, 000 milligrams of dried passionflower capsules . Passionflower is widely used as a mild herbal sedative .
Smell your way to sleep
• Lavender has a reputation as a mild tranquilizer . Simply dab a bit of the oil onto your temples and forehead before you hit the pillow . The aroma should help send you off to sleep .
• Put a drop of jasmine essential oil on each wrist just before you go to bed . In studies conducted at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia, researchers discovered that
people who spent the night in jasmine -scented rooms slept more peacefully than people who stayed in unscented—or even lavender-scented— rooms .
• Try a soothing aromatic bath before bedtime. Add 5 drops lavender oil and 3 drops ylang- ylang oil to warm bathwater and enjoy a nice soak .
Be a slave to schedule
• Wake up at the same time each day, no matter how little sleep you got the night before. On weekends, follow the same schedule, so your body adheres to the same pattern all week long . You ’ll fall asleep faster.
• Every morning , go for a walk . It doesn ’t have to be a long walk, but it should definitely be outdoors. The presence of natural light (even if the day is overcast ) tells your groggy body it’ s time to wake up for the day. With your body clock set by the great outdoors, you ’ll sleep better at night .
• Try not to nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel. People who don’ t have insomnia often benefit from a short afternoon nap. However , if you ’ re napping in daytime only to turn into a wide -eyed zombie at night , there’ s a good chance that that afternoon snooze is disrupting your body clock.
• Once you get into bed , imagine your feet becoming heavy and numb . Feel them sinking into the mattress . Then do the same with your calves, and slowly work your way up your body, letting it all grow heavy and relaxed . The idea is to let yourself go, in gradual phases .
• If you’ re still awake after this progressive relaxation exercise, count sheep . The point is to occupy your mind with boring repetition , and , not to cast aspersions on sheep , there’ s nothing more boring or repetitive than counting a herd of them . Any repetitive counting activity will lull you .
• If you just can’t sleep , don’ t lie in bed worrying about it. That will only make sleep harder to attain. Get up, leave the bedroom , and grab a book or watch TV .
Prep your bedroom
• Turn your alarm clock so that you can’t see it from bed . If you ’ re glancing at the clock when you wake up— and it’s almost impossible not to —you ’ ll soon start wondering how you can function tomorrow on so little sleep tonight .
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before heading to bed . Most people sleep better when their surroundings are cool .
• If you share your bed , consider buying a queen - or king- size mattress so you don ’t keep one another up. Or consider sleeping in separate beds . ( Be sure to emphasize that your wish for separate beds is based on pragmatism rather than preference . )
Check the label
• Be cautious about taking an over - the -counter painkiller before bed . Some of them, like Excedrin , contain caffeine . Read the label first.
• Check labels of decongestants and cold remedies too. In addition to caffeine, they may contain ingredients , such as pseudoephedrine, that rev up your nervous system and leave you unable to fall asleep.
More " don ’ ts" for better dozing
• Avoid exercising within four hours of bedtime— it’s too stimulating. Instead , exercise in the morning or after work . An exception is yoga . A number of yoga postures are designed to calm your body and prepare you for sleep.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages, particularly within four hours of bedtime. Though people have varying ranges of sensitivity to caffeine, the stimulating effects can be long - lasting .
• Also avoid alcohol in the evenings. While a glass of sherry might help you fall asleep a bit faster than usual, the effects soon wear off , and you’ re more likely to wake up during the night .
• If you smoke within four hours of your bedtime, look no further for the cause of your insomnia . Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system, interfering with your ability to fall asleep and stay that way .
Pregnancy me kya food khana chye. Aur sex kis month se kr sakte hai aur sex karne se koi problems to nahi hogi.
Hi I am married since four years but will did not conceived yet. I check to my doctor he says due to constipation problem and so much pain on period time we are not conceiving. Pls suggest.
Hello DR's, My TSH level was 11 during my 3rd month of pregnancy. I was medicated to have thyrox 2.5 and am having now at 6 months after delivery. I have three qs regarding this 1. I lost my baby due to trisomy 18. Will this thyroid not detected before pregnancy could cause this? 2. Due to need to continue the tablet even now? 3. Am taking it regularly, but for the past two days I feel a pain in throat, what can be reason?
Kya pregnancy mein romance or sex kar sakte hai Ya kitne time bad Isse baby par to koi problem nahi hogi please tell me.
I am 28 years old before 4month I got married. I have irregular period. M trying to convince baby. I had last period on 23july. But from few days m feeling weakness and butter test. And some time I feel very light pain in stomach. Can I be pregnant.
I am 21 years old, we started our pregnancy planning 4 months back and we done it truly since 2 months as according to the ovulation. But unfortunately I got periods. But before that I had some rare symptoms like Left lower abdominal pain, chest pain, back pain and giddiness and my periods last only for 3 days. Many times I noticed that the absence of lubricants during the intercourse. Please help me/guide me to know regarding my lost pregnancy plan and about the symptoms I had faced on last periods.
Naturalistic Drugs to treat vulvovaginitis. recurrent infections. Prescribed me treatment with how to take them and diet plan.
My friend harini had sex before 1 month (date: april 19). Her periods date 12th of every month. But this month she did not got her periods now 8 days went extra. Now she has doubt that she got pregnant so only her periods did not came and she is sure of pregnant because every month she will get her periods on date or one day extra. So please suggest any medicine for periods she should not get pregnant she should get her periods. And if she puts that medicine what will happen? I mean she will get her periods? Please help.
Hello doctors, My parents have looked an alliance for me. But they guy is 6 years elder than me. Is it good to proceed for the marriage. Does my decision towards acceptance is correct? I am worried about the age gap thinking whether it will affect the child. Kindly help with my query doctor please.
In most of the cases the reason behind obesity is our lifestyle: irregular eating patterns, too much of processed foods, lack of exercise, sedentary jobs, watching tv for long hours, junk food, club and party culture, irregular sleeping patterns. Working couple ordering food from outside as they are both tired, and so many more.
These are some of the most common factors to be seen. So what should we do now?
Here are some very easy but very useful tips which if followed properly will give you wonderful results.
Drink plenty of water, but always in a glass and while sitting.
Eat small regular meals.
Cut down on oily and spicy food.
Add fibre in your diet like more of salads, wheat bran or oat bran oat mixed in atta.
Start eating more of fruits.
Stop adding extra salt in your food.
Try to eat more of home cooked food.
Try to finish off your dinner by latest 8 pm.
Above all do proper regular exercise and do regular walks.
Following these easy tips properly will bring in wonderful results.
Yes, in some cases an underlying disease like thyroid are also causes for weight. Sometimes we have to take certain medications that make us gain weight. But these problems can also be tackled and if managed properly, weight loss is not very difficult.
I hope you liked my tips and they were helpful for you. Kindly let me know. Have a great day.
Nobody lives forever. But if you make these small lifestyle changes, you could add years to your life.
You’ve built a lot of stuff in your life—maybe a deck, perhaps some muscle, certainly your reputation. But no matter how boast-worthy (or cringe-inducing) the final results, all of your projects up to this point have just been warmups for this one: constructing stronger and longer telomeres.
These caps on the ends of your chromosomes influence the way you age, and by building buff telomeres you may reduce your risk of developing cancer, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
That’s why you should consider this five-step plan your blueprint to living a longer life. Granted, no one will actually be able to see the results of your hard work. So what? Your longevity will be proof of a job well done.
1. Bring Those 10 Minutes to Your Quiet Space
Sit down, close your eyes, and breathe in and out to the count of 10.
2. Eat Your Greens with Orange Peppers
This combo contains lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin C, three antioxidants that protect your DNA from free-radical damage.
3. Finally Learn Your Neighbor’s Name
You’ll both benefit from getting to know each other: A study reported that people who live in communities with lower levels of social cohesion and safety had shorter telomeres than residents of more tightly knit neighborhoods.
4. Want to Pair Those Peppers with Protein?
Grill up salmon or tuna, which are filled to the gills with omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Use Your Self-Awareness to Monitor Your Folate Intake
In a 2015 study, people with the highest levels of folate, found in leafy greens, had the shortest telomeres.
Too much of it can damage DNA. But don’t skimp on spinach; cut back on fortified grains, like cereal.
HAVE A HEALTHY LIVING ...
Hi I am married and I am trying to having a baby but its not happening I don't know I have a problem or my wife dose have a problem?
How to ensure a normal period when you're suffering from PCOS?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder affecting 12-18% of women of reproductive age. PCOS is a condition where at least two of the following conditions occur:
1. Appearance of acne, excessive hair on your body
2. Irregular delayed periods
3. The presence of 10 to 12 small cysts in the ovaries.
You do not ovulate each month, and some women do not ovulate at all if they are suffering from PCOS. This is because although the ovaries of women, suffering from PCOS, usually have many follicles, they do not develop fully and so ovulation often does not occur. If you do not ovulate, you may not have periods.
So what can you do to have normal periods?
Although some women with PCOS have regular periods, high levels of androgen and also the hormone insulin, can disrupt the monthly cycle of ovulation and menstruation. If you have PCOS, your periods may be irregular or may stop altogether. The average menstrual cycle is 28 days with one ovulation, but anywhere between 21 and 35 days is considered normal, and for a woman suffering from PCOS, this cycle can take as much as 3 months to complete.
To ensure a normal period during PCOS, your doctor can prescribe hormonal contraception. The medication can also reduce menstrual cramps, acne, and excess hair growth. The estrogen and progesterone in hormonal contraception act to override the body's normal hormonal control of menstrual cycle and ovulation. Production of hormones such as testosterone is greatly reduced by the oral contraceptive pill. Some oral contraceptive pills not only aim to block the effects of testosterone but also increase insulin resistance.
By allowing the regular shedding of the uterus lining during menstruation, the pill can reduce the risk of developing endometrial cancer while ensuring you get normal periods.
Note: it is important that you closely watch your weight. Lifestyle changes and weight reduction help a lot when you are suffering from PCOS.
Related Tip: How Not to Miss Your Workout During Your PERIOD