Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjula
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
T3 is 2.87, T4 is 10.6,TSH is 1.20.its my first pregnancy. I have pcos. And last month I had miscarriage. Now I'm pregnant again 1st month. Is this ranges are normal. Do I have thyroid. please help me. Trying for healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
Hi, my periods where on 7th march, took ipill on 13th march and 24th march got withdrawal bleeding for 3days, now I am 8days late for my period. Took blood test negative I m really worried pls help me
After mensuration how many days person have sex with his wife with out any without using any pills or condom so that wife could not be pregnant.
Hi, as my family doctor prescription, my period's 2nd day onwards I was taken FERTYL 100 MG tablet regularly 5 days, after that my doctor is observing the egg growth for every 3 days, after 14 days my doctor told to me egg growth is very less, so please suggest how can I improve egg growth?
Hello doctor I'm 21 years old. I've ovarian cyst and also over weight. I had sex with a boy on October, and I'm not receiving my periods from October its 3rd month. So I take pregnancy home test kit on 1st month and on December both shows negative result. But I'm scared because periods are not coming, is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help me please.
Hello, Actually I kewely got married and my wife is suffering to much problem like, her periods not coming on time in last four months only one day periods came again it's not coming and too much burning while she goes for bathroom and another thing from last one month she is lots of pain in legs. She feels itching on her private part, so please guide me what should I do and with whom I should to meet.
My gf is 75 days pregnant, Is mtp is safe for abortion, pls suggest doc, or I have to go for medical abortion, She is just 43 kg, is there any risk, Pls suggest me, but surgical evacuation is illegal in Haryana. Then what we do?
I have frequent white discharge since 1 month and pain during intercourse. Please suggest me the medication.
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.