Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula DeviYour feedback matters!
Hi my Girlfriend periods date: 10aug-15th aug. Had unprotected sex on 27th aug. She took ipill (ecp) after 6 hours. She started bleeding on 1st September at 1 30a. M which was just like her periods. She bleed for 3 days and on 4th day, bleeding gradually stopped. We don't want any pregnancy right now. please help.
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from occasional impotence and other related issues. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other reasons including heart disease, diabetes and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrow Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.
Hi doctor I'm 4 months pregnant my vagina is paining little I feel lk itching their is it normal these days I fell some Wt should I change my patients every day please suggest me.
A healthy diet is one which will improve not just your physical health, but your mental health as well. It is essentially concerned with healthy nutrients and essential amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. A healthy diet can be obtained by consuming the correct proportion of vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods.
The following section focuses upon how to have healthy and controlled diet in and out of home for yourself and your family!
1. Tips for your family
- Have the food as slowly as possible.
- Have small quantities of food at one time.
2. At home
- Eat on small plates to control having extra quantities of food.
- While doing the monthly shopping of groceries, buy the food in small containers to make yourself aware of how much you are consuming.
- Try to have meat, poultry and seafood with herbs and spices instead of sauces or gravies.
3. Outside home
- While having food at restaurant, have lighter version of the food. Foods rich in gravies and spices can adversely affect your health.
- Experience mindfully the experience of tasting the delicious food. This is good both for your physical as well as mental health.
- Avoid having desserts immediately after food if possible.
- Try to have healthier foods like fresh fruits, sorbets, whole grains and other lighter versions of your choice of foods. Carefully notice the amount of food you are consuming no matter whatever you eat!
- Try to start your meal with broth-based soup or green salad. Order a healthier version of the food first and foremost in order to avoid being influenced by the choices of others who are having the meal with you.
4. Tips solely focused on and for your family
- Be a role model for your child by showing how to have smaller and required portions of the food, especially those with high calories.
- Teach them by offering healthy foods and letting them to choose the amount they want to eat.
- Encourage them to have plain water when thirsty. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
HELLO, I always have a problem of itching and dryness of my vaginal area. Sometimes its so irritating that I can not sleep at night. Several times I get depressed due to this. I did not use any medication only I use is V-wash to clean the vaginal area. But it does not work good to stop this. Please suggest some medicine or ointment to cure it fully. please. I will be thankful to Lybrate. Thanks.
Also known as sexual climax, orgasm is the sudden ejection of stored sexual excitement during the process of having sex. It involves the rhythmic flexing of the muscles near the pelvic area resulting in an immensely pleasurable experience. Considered an involuntary action, it is experienced by both men and women, though they occur due to different circumstances.
While the sexual stimulation of the penis is responsible for orgasm in males, it is the stimulation of the clitoris that causes the same in women. In both the sexes the body undergoes certain changes during orgasm.
Few of them are:
- Effect on genitals: Though orgasm results in a pleasurable experience in both men and women, their genitals do not react in a similar way. Women experience a heady rush as the blood flow to the clitoris and vagina. Subsequently, the vagina secretes lubricants and increases in size. On the other hand, men experience a feeling of contraction and throbbing in their penis and prostate region. Despite the differences, the genitals in the cases release powerful sexual energy during orgasm.
- Increase in blood rate and rapid breathing: This condition is common to both men and women. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, both the sex experience an increase in heart rate, contraction of muscles and rapid breathing during orgasm.
- Release of hormones: During orgasm, there is an excessive discharge of oxytocin in both men and women. When this hormone floods the brain, it creates feelings of intimacy and a sense of warm bond. However, in males another hormone called testosterone is released which operates as a counter to the effects of oxytocin.
- Effects on brain during orgasm: The brain of men and women operate differently. The periaqueductal gray also known as PAG, an area responsible to control fights, is activated in women. At the same time, women also experience a sudden decrease in apprehension and fear. However, the same does not happen in the case of men.
- Stimulation of nerve endings: During orgasm, millions of nerve endings on the penis, vaginal opening, testes and clitoris are triggered and stimulated. This consequently produces the feeling of an arousal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am in 5th month of pregnancy and my pulse rate is 160. Is it normal? my heart condition (heart ultrasonography) is fine, blood pressure and blood sugar are also normal.
I am having irregular periods from last 1-2 years and my age is 23 what should I do to get regular periods?
I had share my problem of irregularity of periods to doctor she asked me whether I have boy friend and had physical relation with him. I had lie to her and I said no then she told me to go for sonography test. Now I'm tensed for the result of test.
I am a boy of 17. But I want to be a girl, I really wanna stop this, but I not able to do. Will you give me some suggestion.
Sir, I want to know about process of test tube baby I am 40 year old and my wife is 38 year old. I have no child.
My girlfriend take I pill on 10th May and her period cycle is 29th May but today is 2nd day she not yet get period. What should I do it her pregnant.
My mother is having a problem of heavy menstrual flow, for several years now (12 years. First her doctor did a dc. It stopped for 6 years, but again it started slowly and then there were heavy flow again then another doctor was consulted and he did recommend wearing mirena and also did dc again. It stopped for two months and it again started so he prescribed to have sevista and novelon together it again stopped but after 5 days again the same thing. A biopsy test was done but there is no sign of malignancy. Plzzz help.
Angelina jolie's revelation for her family history of cancer and brca mutations has really benefitted genetic labs, who are getting more and more requests for brca testing from doctors and patients.
The point which everyone is missing out on is that not every patient with breast cancer requires this test. Another important thing which is being left out is the pre-test counseling, which highlights the implications of a positive and negative test.
In India, the test has to be offered judiciously because indian ladies will not readily agree for bilateral mastectomies or salpingo-oophrectomies, if the test comes positive.
It is best to consult your breast onco-surgeon or genetic counselor before ordering these tests.