Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula DeepakYour feedback matters!
I am right now in sixth months pregnancy. I Often have severe back pain at night. In which posture should I sleep?
I have one stethoscope at home and when put it on stomach I hear some sound through stethoscope .some sound comes from my stomach. I put stethoscope on my mom but didn't hear any sound is it normal or indicates some abnormalities.?
I having sex with my bf from last 2 year. In this 2 year I have taken 2 times i pill. 1 is on september 2015 n 2nd is on 10 march 2016. Is taking ipill is good for future? Any side effect for future pregnancy or marriage life or for baby? Please help.
I had semen in my mouth, then I licked my wife's underwear near her vagina. Will this cause pregnancy?
Hello mam. My history is a critical one. As soon as I got married. Being alone not going to job made me to think negatively about my husband and got depression nd took some psychiatric medicines. I took sulpitac after my first baby with doctors suggestion. .but it impacted negatively. .my prolactin level went up high. And after stopping feeding it din Cum low. Nd very difficult to low milk supply. .nd then found that sulpitac made the difficulty of raising prolactin. .and nd now consulted another doctor nd took arip nd qutipin low doses for second baby. Nd during pregnancy got hypoechoic lesson in right breast .is it okay to take qutipin. 50 oly at night. And breastfeeding second baby. Will qutipin affect prolactin and the lesion .Please guide me mam.
During intercourse feeling pain inside vagina during every intercourses vagina is dry during sex no feelings so please suggest what to do.
I had sex with my boyfriend last month. My periods date was over. Still no response. I feels like something, headache,itching in vaginal area. No precautions I had taken. I can not understand why is it happening? Please tell me what to do?
Hi i Am 26 old I got married and am having irregular cycles so doctor suggest me to take delivery so took that pills but till now I didn't got period I had sex so whats the problem.
I am A 22 years old unmarried female I have had a problem of recurring Urinary Tract Infection but around 4 years back It was so severe that some of the doctors termed it as Pelvic Inflammatory disease which the gynecologist ruled out after performing the Per Rectal. I have had a lot of antibiotics but the situation didn't improve and the Urinary Tract Infection is still continuing also I have a very painful menstrual period which even leads to Vomiting and it won't stop till I don't get a pain killer injection Please help me out. I am also confused if I had Pelvic Inflammatory disease or not. If I didn't have it then why was it shown in the Ultrasound? Could it be due to the white discharge that I get when I have severe Urinary Tract Infection? Also my periods are irregular. Please provide me with a detailed answer.
Masturbation, which has always been a taboo subject, is slowly gaining attention as an issue that can be discussed openly.
In fact, there are several myths associated with masturbation which have been long held. Let's debunk these myths first. The following ideas about masturbation are not only untrue, they are also misleading.
Myth #1: It causes weaknesses
Myth #2: It causes loss of energy
Myth #3: It leads to Impotence
Myth #4: It may induce problem in future sex life or causes guilt
Myth #5: It can cause Nightfall
So what is the truth?
People are beginning to understand that masturbation is not simply a superficial form of pleasuring the self, but an activity that can provide some benefits in terms of health and fitness as well.
Not only that, masturbation also helps men and especially women, learn more about their own sexual behavior, preferences, and desires. It helps them become more comfortable with their body and in tune with their own inner minds.
Here is how masturbation can lead to well-being
1. Masturbation as a process of stress relief: Pleasing oneself after a hectic and taxing day at work can reduce a lot of stress. The activity releases endorphins into the blood which helps to improve one's overall mood and helps the individual to relax. In the 21st century, this is indeed a great advantage where people are constantly under pressure from various areas of life.
2. Masturbation to strengthen the body: In case of women, masturbation makes the muscles of the pelvic floor stronger. Along with this, it decreases the likelihood of developing yeast infections in the vagina or surrounding areas. This improves bladder control and also improves sexual experiences. For men, masturbation helps to develop better resistance to prostate gland infections. It also helps to improve the health of the prostate. It also gives a boost to the immune system.
3. Masturbation also helps with PreMenstrual Syndrome: Most women go through a wide variety of PMS symptoms such as intense stomach cramping, mood fluctuation, anxiety, tension, and pain in the legs and the back. Masturbation has been found to ease these problems to a great extent.
4. Masturbation demystifies the concepts of sex and sexuality: In Indian society, discussing sex and sexuality is seen as taboo. Discussing these issues openly is regarded as immoral. This causes many people, especially young people, to have unclear ideas about their own bodies and bodily desires. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety in their minds. Masturbation helps them to come to terms with these issues by exploring their own bodies in a new way. This helps to promote well being by dismantling primitive ideas about sex and sexuality.
Related Tip: 8 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Masturbation
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My friend is 24 years old, she is having burning sensation after using vaginal hair removal creams (like fem, veet). Is their any safe vaginal hair removal creams for her, if so please prescribe it. Thankyou.
I am new married couple so when I got a safe sex in after my partner period time in a month pls give me a right suggestion or a lady period time then I m free of pregnancy.
Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
It helps cure the common cold
The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
Aids in the production of digestive juices
Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
I have lumps on my testicles sometimes there is no pain but some time it itches. Please tell me wrist to do. It may be a corps if years I am having that now . Will benzoyl peroxide do the work?
1.Learn how to eat
The first step to controlling IBS is eating properly. And not just what you eat, but when and how. Eat little and often and at regular times.
Your digestive system will then get into a good routine and eating smaller amounts will avoid bloating and diarrhoea.
Also eat slowly. Gulping food quickly can make you swallow air, which results in wind and bloating. Chew well and drink lots of water.
2 Change your pattern
Eat your biggest meals earlier in the day and have a light evening meal. Also have foods that are harder to digest like raw fruit and vegetables before 4pm.
3 Soothe yourself
Different herbs and supplements can ease the symptoms of IBS. Calcium supplements are thought to counteract diarrhoea as it slows down gut contractions.
Experts recommend linseed for constipation, while artichoke can help digestive complaints, especially after eating fatty foods.
Finally, taking 500mg of turmeric extract once a day can also help because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
4 Keep on moving
Regular exercise can reduce bloating and constipation in IBS sufferers. Even 30 minutes of moderate exercise like brisk walking or yoga five times a week will help.
5 Peppermint oil
Taken in tea, oil, herb or capsule form, peppermint oil can help alleviate symptoms by relaxing the intestinal muscles.
Peppermint tea bags are readily available or just add a few drops of oil to half a glass of warm water.
6 Try different things
There are a number of complementary therapies that might ease symptoms, including reflexology, aromatherapy, massage, acupressure and yoga.
Find one that suits you.
7 Be prepared
Many sufferers dread going out for meals for fear the stress will trigger symptoms. But planning ahead is key.
First, find out where the loo is as soon as you arrive so you know you can get there easily if you need to.
Try to have a look at the menu before you go so you can carefully pick out the safest foods for you. Lots of restaurants have their menus online.
If you’re afraid of things going wrong, take some preventative medication before you go out.
Don’t overeat. Finally, relax as stress could risk an attack.
8 Black pepper
It might not seem that powerful, but black pepper can make a big difference.
Black pepper oil soothes cramps and relieves wind and also stimulates a sluggish digestive system.
9 Breathe slowly
Some people swallow air when they’re anxious, adding to the problem of wind and bloating.
Learn to control this by practising abdominal breathing.
Sit comfortably with your shoulders lowered and relaxed. Breathe in slowly through both nostrils and count to five, expanding your tummy.
Hold for five seconds and then exhale to a count of five, drawing your stomach in.
10 Sleep tight
Too little sleep or poor sleep has been shown to have a direct impact on the severity of IBS, so avoid caffeine later in the day.