Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula C NYour feedback matters!
I am a medical student (MBBS 2015). The problem with me is whatever topic I study, I start feeling the symptoms in myself and I get scared of the diseases. In ward postings I get obsessed with the patients seen and star feeling the same for myself. Now that I am posted in psychiatry opd I get scared of psychiatric disorders especially at night. I start feeling to have hallucinations though I don't actually have them.
17today after iui I got light spotting for 2 days then I taken beta hcg its showing hcg level is <0.1 but I do not know whether I am pregnant or not.
Panchakarma is a Sanskrit word. Pancha means five and karma mean treatment methods- therapeutic measures the aim of panch karma therapies is to purify and detoxify the body. It is done for both - unhealthy person and healthy person. It helps an unhealthy person to get rid of many chronic diseases as well as it helps the healthy person as a preventive treatment to keep physically and mentally fit.
Ayurveda is more than a mere healing system, it is a science and art of appropriate living which helps to achieve longevity. Ayurveda emphasizes on preventive and healing therapies along with various methods of purification and rejuvenation. Ayurveda prescribes panchakarma therapies for the cleansing of body toxins. Panchakarma therapies balances all tridosha's (vata- ether plus air, pitta-fire plus water and kapha-water plus earth- three bio energies- body constitution).
Ayurveda considers panch karma necessary before the start of any other therapy. The logic being-as a cloth needs to be purified or cleanse of dust and impurities before it can be imparted a new colour. Similarly, the body needs to be purified before it can be imparted new colours of youthfulness, health and vigor etc.
Purvakarma-pre-purification measures for panchakarma
This is done to prepare the body to encourage let go the toxins. There are two main procedures.
1. Snehana- snehana means oleation- internal and external
For external snehana - abhyanga - oil massage is prescribed. In abhyanga body is massaged with different ayurvedic oils which help the toxins to move towards the gastro - intestinal tract. Abhyanga - massage removes stress and nourishes the nervous system. It makes the body tissues - both superficial and deep soft and supple, snehana is given for 3 to 7 days daily. For internal snehana some ayurvedic - medicated ghee (ghritam) is given to take orally.
2. Swedana - swedana means sweating.
It is given daily immediately following the snehana-abhyanga. In this steam added with herbal decoction given to the body to loosen the toxins from the individual. It liquefies the toxins and increases the movement of toxins into the gastro - intestinal tract.
Pradhankarma-main purification measures of panchakarma
1. Vaman - emesis therapy
It is indicated in kaphavridhi means in excess of kapha. Vamana - the ayurvedic treatment is therapeutic vomiting, to eliminate the kapha causing the excess mucus. It is done for bronchitis, cold-cough, asthma etc.
2. Virechana - purgation therapy
It is indicated in excess of pitta in the body. Ayurveda suggests therapeutic purgation for skin problems like rashes, inflammation, biliary vomiting, acne-pimples and jaundice etc.
3. Nasyam-nasal administration
In this therapy head - face and chest are massaged with specific herbal oil and made to perspire. Then specific ayurvedic oils - powder are administered in nostrils. It is very effective for sinusitis, migraine, headaches, allergic condition and rhinitis etc.
4. Anuvasan vasti - medicated oil enemas
It is indicated in vata disorders like a backache, sciatica and other joint pains, arthritis, rheumatism, gout, muscle spasm, sexual problems, neurological problems a headache etc. Vata`s predominant site is the colon. In this therapy medicated oil is introduced into the rectum.
5. Asthapana vasti - niruha vasti - enema of decoction
It is also done for vata disorders. In this herbal decoctions are introduced in the rectum. It relieves constipation, distention, backache, rheumatism and other joint pains etc.
Other miscellaneous therapies of panchakarma
1. Sirodhara - it is indicated in insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, depression and headaches.
2. Pinda sweda - useful in joint pains in neurological problems.
3. Shasti-shali pindasweda - useful in neurological problems.
4. Nadisweda - useful in pain in joints.
5. Kati-vasti - useful in backache, slip disc, prolapse or herniation of vertebras.
6. Janu vasti - useful in osteo- arthritis - knee joint pain.
7. Shirovasti - useful in problems related with the brain, neurological disorders.
8. Uttara vasti - useful in gynae problems, infertility, genitourinary problems.
9. Udwartanam - good for skin and weight loss.
10. Tarpanam - useful in the ailments of eyes.
11. Pizhichil (sarvang dhara) - useful in paralysis and other neurological problems, joint pains.
Paschata karma - post purification measures of panchakarma
In this, some changes in diet and life style are advised after main purification course. Some ayurvedic internal medicines are also advised to be taken for different ailments for prescribed duration.
I want to lose my weight and hence want to ask you my two questions What is the best time to do exercise evening or morning and when we should eat aft exercise? If we do exercise in morning than when we should wake up and when we should do exercise and have our breakfast.
Irregular periods since 1 year got tested lh was 24 and fsh 3 all other test like prolactin, thyroid and ultrasound normal but with high lh doctor prescribed normoz taking normoz since 5 months but still cycles are 50-60 days apart. Not overweight weight is 47 kg nd height 5 ft 6 inch. Is there any other blood test or anything which I should do.
I am a married lady. I want to conceive. But at the time of intercourse I felt all the sperms came out from the vagina. Is it a problem for conceiving. Kindly suggest me.
One of my inner labia is noticeably bigger than the other. I am a virgin. I am not sexually active. I have noticed it when I was 13 years old. Doctor Please tell me its normal or not? I am so worried. Please help.
What is a Disease ?
Disease is a DIS +EASE ,means discomfort ,or disturb easiness, so not only physical uneasiness but also mental uneasiness, so i will say.
When disturb easiness ?
Mental +physical+enviornment = affect your easiness means cause of disease
Not only phycal means temp, cold taking, bacteria,virus, fungal, but also your immunity. Environment also affects your disease.
How can you identify your immunity ?
Your mental picture, your induigilization present your immunity
So i have take all picture of patient and gives permanant cure of patient no side effects
Hi madam or sir. Am now 5 months pregnant but my belly was so small. Why my baby is healthy or not. Which food I take. No movements in my baby. When was I feel baby movements. Am now suffering cold nd cough.
I went through measure for delivery on 28th Jan. Later on clogging spots on right Brest. Drs drained out push through surgery on 29th feb. Two more clogging spotted later. Again I went through surgery on 16th March. Dr. removed the clogging. From that time milk is coming from one wound which is creating problem in healing. Also one is very deep and it is on upper side of breast. Even after 10 days of daily dressing, healing is not happening. They also conducted culture test and on the basis of that they changed the antibiotic but no improvement. Now suddenly pimples have started appearing in the the whole body. Please suggest.
Hi doctor. For last few days my girlfriend is urging for sex. Initially I neglected her urge but I think now the time has come to fulfil her wish in her upcoming birthday. We love each other. We have come closer many times since we are early 17 did everything except the hardcore. Should I proceed? Is there any risk (both of us don't have any transmissible disease) ?Actually I too want her physically because mentally we are United. If no risk then please provide us with suitable instructions so that she don't pursue the tendency of any kind of pregnancy and we can get the pleasure to the fullest. Nd last but not the least she had studied from a magazine that sex during periods is 100% risk free and it will help her to reduce her menstrual pain. Is it true? Thank you.
People who suffer from Human Immunodeficiency Virus, commonly known as 'HIV', are known as HIV positive people. The virus is the agent of AIDS that is currently incurable. HIV is known to alter the human immune system and makes people much more susceptible and vulnerable to diseases and infections.
Body fluids such as semen, blood, breast milk, vaginal fluids etc. of an infected individual contains the virus, which can be passed from one person to another during blood-to-blood and/or sexual contact. HIV positive women may even pass on this virus to their children during pregnancy, delivery or by breast feeding them. HIV is also transmitted during oral, anal or vaginal sex, by contaminated hypodermic needles and by blood transfusion.
Mentioned below are a few issues that a HIV positive woman have to face apart from discrimination and stigma, fear of infecting their children or partners, violence and abandonment.
- Menstrual Disorders: Changes in menstrual cycles are frequently reported by HIV infected women. However, menstrual dysfunctions are due to varied reasons that aren't directly related to the disease. Although most of the HIV positive women suffer from amenorrhea i.e. the unusual absence of periods, it is not just due to HIV but also because of weight loss or immunosuppression.
- Contraception: It is very important that the contraception a HIV positive woman chooses not only acts as birth control, but also to prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Although condoms do not provide exceptional pregnancy prevention, they are excellent at preventing transmission of the HIV virus. Permanent sterilization is usually the most chosen contraceptive method for HIV serodiscordant couples.
- Surgical Complications: HIV positive women are at a higher risk of undergoing gynecologic surgery. This is because they are more vulnerable to pelvic infectious disease that requires surgical intervention. There is also a greater risk of developing vulvar cancer in HIV positive women.
- Fertility: There has been an increase in the number of seropositive women contemplating pregnancy and childbirth. Most couples resort to assisted reproduction to lower the risk of horizontal HIV transmission. Studies show that undergoing HIV treatment and having an undetectable viral load is helpful in preventing the transmission of HIV. It is important to consult a medical expert if you are unable to get pregnant after at least 6 months of trying. Fertility problems are more common in HIV positive women than HIV negative women.