Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manipal HospitalsYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, from last 7 months I am trying to conceive bt could not. Reports are ok of mine and husband. But nothing happening. Married for 2 and half yrs. My periods are also regular. Bt wat I am marking is from last some months I feel uneasy and pain in back and stomach much before my period starts. Around 10 days before. This month my period is due at 14th. But from last three days I am feeling uneasy. My upper part of stomach specially last portion wer chest finishes and upper part of stomach starts, in the middle part, is aching. If someone presses lightly there I feel good. This time pain has increased. Pain during periods is normal to me. But much before periods is only giving frustration tats too am noticing after mrg .wat may be the cause. Periods or gas I do not understand. But pain feel is same. Why also not conceiving tat is another strain. Pls help.
My friend had unprotected sex with his girlfriend but he only inserted not ejaculated. She took ipill before sex. Will she be pregnant. We all r worried.
Hi. We are trying for a baby. And I am taking treatment for that. All reports are normal. Dr. gave fertyl 50 from, day 3rd of my cycle and by then tab ovacare and asked me do ovulation test this month. I did it and on my 13th day my 3 follicles got ruptured. Then we had a nice time for next 3 days from my day 13. Today is my 20th day and I m having a white discharge. What should be this and the result.
I am 25 years old and got 1 year ago, we are trying for baby from last years, but after sex sperms out from vagina, also I have back pain after sex, I have ultrasound that shows mild free fluid in the pouch of Douglas, what I do to get pregnant.
Hello. Mam my gf from the last 2 months her periods are not coming. There was no sexual relationship between us. I'm looking forward if you can help us.
Is there any problem if a man sperm enter into vagina of his spouse, who is pregnant for 3 months had a history of previous abortion? Please give me an explanation?
My wife is 7th month pregnant. Her abdominal is so hard but baby is ok. What are food eat for her and her baby. Please advise in brief.
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
I am saroj yadav. I am pregnant, I want to know what to do, what to eat and what not to do in first trimester.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and then after 3 hours she took an I-pill for 1st time for safety. After 5-6 days we again had an unprotected intercourse. After few hours of it her periods started. Is there any chance of pregnancy to her?
My wife has missed her date. She's pregnant 1 month 10 days we have planned to abort it n that when we got to know about this unwanted kit. Can you tell us how to use unwanted kit.
Vulvodynia refers to a chronic pain in the vulva, a condition suffered by most women. Triggered generally by an unidentifiable cause, the pain was not considered as a real pain syndrome until of late. The ambiguity of the condition is such that many who do suffer from it fails to realize its complications.
There are primarily two types of Vulvodynia:
- Generalized Vulvodynia: This is when the pain is all over the vulva, however different parts may pain at different times. It may be a constant pain or may occur occasionally.
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: The pain is in the vestibule area or the entrance of the vagina is known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This kind of pain mostly exhibits a burning sensation and is triggered even by a slight touch. During intercourse the pain manifolds to extreme severity.
Although the cause of Vulvodynia is not known, doctors suspect the following reasons to be the contributing factors:
- Nerve injury
- Yeast infections
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Muscle Spasm
- Hormonal changes
- Burning sensations
- Aching or soreness
No well versed cure is available for Vulvodynia, although certain self care treatments can bring relief. Among the many, you need to figure out which method suits you best and choose accordingly. To discern the best method, you might have to try various different combinations. At the same time, it is extremely important to educate yourself about Vulvodynia and have a thorough knowledge about what it is all about.It is advisable that you maintain a record of the treatments which according to you suit you the most in order to avoid confusion. Some of the methods are given below:
- Avoid products which might act as potential irritants near the vulva.
- Do not put much pressure on the vulva. Avoid activities which might exert direct pressure on it.
- Whenever it pains, try to soothe the area by soaking it in lukewarm water or applying ice on it.
- Use medications like lidocaine to relieve pain.
- Certain exercises might also help relax the area.
- Biofeedback also helps relax the vaginal muscles and bring some relief.
I have manturecycle problem. Please tell me the solution My period come after 2~3 months irregular I m very upset.
I am 26 years old married female. We are planning for a baby. usually my cycle length is 33 days. On 33th day (jan 3) I had spotting. But after that no sign of bleeding at all. Happened before 4 days. I had done urine pregnancy test on dat day (jan 3).but it was negative. After that in the afternoon there was spotting. Now is there a chance that I might be pregnant?
I and my gf want to do oral sex. What precautions should we take to avoid pregnancy. Pls say in detail.
What is the exact time after periods and before periods that sex can be done without any protection. Like for eg my wife got periods normally on 24th (first day when bleeding starts) after how many days we can do the sex without any protection.
Around 2 weeks back at the time of bathing my friend noticed some white liquid is in her nipple. Now she is suffering from very high fever. But with in 17 days her periods is also started. Is there anything wrong or just the side effects of the medicines?
Isabgol is the best natural laxative which can be used safely in pregnancy. During the pregnancy, hormone progesteron is responsible for constipation which causes relaxation of all smooth muscles of body including intestine. So the movement of food along the intestine slows down that allows the water in the food to be absorbed almost totally from the intestine, so that the end product reach the rectum is less bulky, hard and difficult to expel.
Isabgol is a bulk forming laxative so more water should be consumed with it.