Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala SheelaYour feedback matters!
My teeth was so dirty. Even I brush regular. But it will not clean. But there is no bad smell from my mouth.
Last year I have undergone for root canal treatment. Few days back the cap they kept came out while I was chewing a chocolate. Then I washed the cap n fitted it. Again next day it came out while eating then again I fitted it. I stopped chewing that side. Why is it happening like that? what should I do?
Please suggest lowest price for dental breezes in Hyderabad Hospitals (specially in old city). Thanking you, Sanjay Kulkarni.
My wife have pain in her teeth. Dentist say teeth is damaged. Bt she wants to keep her teeth. She do not wanna remove it. Plzzzz help.
My teeth are not in white. I want to change it. How many days it will taken to change? Is there any esi card option for hospital?
Hello. M 21 years old. And m suffering from mouth joint problem. I can hardly open my mouth .if I forcedly open then it starts pain at right side. Near right ear. N if I eat any hard stuff like toffees then pain increases. As well in ear also. What is the problem. How can I get relief.
Hi I'm 23 years old my teeth aches whenever I eat something cold or too sweet or too hot I pulls my jaws at both the ends may I know for what reason I'm getting this pain I've been having this since three weeks.
Something inappropriate with my teeth that does not makes me look good. I wish to get it in shape like others. What should I do?
How to avoid germs in teeth? I brushed morning and night I'm using mouth wash but morning when I woke up my teeth is bleeding?
Hello doctor I am 35 year old married woman I have cavity problems last two years what should I do please tell me.
I am having bad breath please help what to do in emergency to stop bad breath instantly. Yaar meetings please sir help.
I am 19 male. I am having continuous mouth ulcers and it it more pain full I couldn't eat. I am having this problem for past 2 years. If it comes it will cure within 10 days but after 1 week I am having this again. Pls help me I should not get this disease in future.
I'm 29 years old. Regularly I'm feeling pain in my teeth's mostly in the evenings. It will not be for much time, when I drink or eat pain will go off. This is happening almost every evening. The pain is in whole left upper side. Please advice any medicine.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.